“Vegas Stay”

Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Villa Park, California, USA
“Vegas Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. While much of the village is closed, we found the restaurants that were open to very good. Enjoyed the live band down by the waterfront on Saturday night. Really like the full kitchen in our rooms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Steve9731
MonteLagoAston, Team Aston MonteLago at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Steve9731,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed the live music in the village and the full kitchens.

-Team Aston MonteLago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
san diego, CA
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed just one night through a Travelzoo special. The property is spread out but very quiet, pretty, very well equipped and close to both Lake Mead and Las Vegas. The room was very comfortable with a kitchenette included. The pool next to our building was not open when we were there but I know I would've enjoyed this feature a lot when open during hotter weather. The complex includes a good Mexican restaurant which we enjoyed. It was very nice to just walk a block or so in distance to go to dinner. They offer a shuttle to the Las Vegas strip which we did not take but would allow for a very balanced visit to the Las Vegas area without being constantly surrounded by lights and hype.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank monkey1947
monkey1947,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you got to explore and dine in the restaurant Sonrisa Grill. We are sorry about the pool and happy to report it is back opened!

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Montelago Resort April 12th and 13th for a sports event. Indeed the "Village" is deserted with only a couple of restaurants open. We arrived early and were told the room was not yet ready. No problem, we wandered around. The front desk said they would call when the room was ready. After 5 pm we went back and apparently the room was then ready, though they had never called. Ok, not a deal breaker.
The service in the restaurants is slow and inconsistent, though the servers are friendly. The coffee shop opened early for the event on Sunday, but normally does not open till 7 am. I bought a donut that must have been in the case for 6 mnths, so stale I threw it out before I left the shop. I have never thrown away a donut!!
The room was nice enough with a decent kitchenette and accomodations; however, a bedroom lamp had a dead fly on the shade (ugh), the TV was circa 1980's, remote did not work well and one was missing for the bedroom TV. We were not there to watch TV, though, so that was not a big deal.
The big deal was that I left a very nice pair of sunglasses on the balcony and called the morning of the day I left (quite before check in time for the next guest) and called twice more after that with a detailed description of the sunglasses and where I left them. I finally heard back from them and they said they found the glasses!! Hooray! I gave them a credit card number and they promised to send them to me. Today, I received them. They are not the sunglasses I reported missing, not the brand I described. In fact, they are a pair of cheap glasses that are about as old as the TV set.

So, the staff nicked my glasses and sent me the crappy ones in return, charging me for the honor. We will not return to this so-called resort. There is no reason to stay there. There is no resort, no place to eat in the hotel. The pool closes early. There is no nearby grocery,convenience store, etc. In order to stay here, you do really need to plan on cooking in your room since there are but few options in the deserted Village. I wonder what the business plan was for this resort? It's really a disaster.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
3 Thank Lynnetta
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The condo unit we were given was superb with a great porch overlooking the lake and we were very satisfied with it. The hotel manager, Nicholas, was pleasant and professional when we checked in and the staff who checked us in was helpful and pleasant. That said, there were some caveats. The entire Lake Las Vegas Resort is slowly recovering from near collapse. The casino and both golf courses are closed. Most of the stores in the village are closed. There are a couple of restaurants but the one Mexican eatery we wnt to was not able to handle the number of people who they seated. There was a triathlon there that weekend and the place was full of athletes and families. At night there is music playing into the wee hours from the speakers along the ground in the village. These should shut down automatically by ten o'clock but even at 1:00 a.m. we heard the noise. The night before the triathlon when participants wanted an early bedtime they had a rock concert going live until ten. Not well thought out. Parking was limited. Very limited! I was told I could fish in the lake by the hotel manager but when we went to the marina, to rent the boat the guy working there would not give us the boat as long as I had a fishing rod. No fishing, he indicated. This employee needs an in servicing on how to deal with hotel guests as when we entered his rental office he threw down the agreement form and pen(literally) while snapping his gum and told us to "fill this out" His handling of the fishing rod incident was rather heavy handed. We left the rod with him so we could take the boat. Major communications gap between the hotel and whoever "owns" the lake. Beware of the $23.00 a day resort fee for things that don't exist. Other than that it is a beautiful place to stay and the staff really tries hard to please. Very clean and well kept.

Room Tip: room 303 is the good one. Manager Nicholas told me it was his favorite unit and he wasn't lying...
2 Thank levio
levio,

We appreciate you reviewing our resort. We are so sorry the marina wasn't permitting fishing at the time you went. The lake is stocked from time to time and this is why the didn't allow it. We are glad you enjoyed your room.

The Village and Shops and Casino are not owned or operated by Aston and we apologize. They are working to get these re-opened and with new shops.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This property is simply okay. From check-in to check-out, the staff we encountered were polite but not well trained. At a glance the property is attractive but with a closer look you see the need for repair. The room was comfortable but the furniture was worn. The bathroom had mold in the shower even after we told the front desk, it wasn't cleaned. The pool was closed for repair. Both ice makers were broken. We paid extra for a "Lake View" and from the room all you could see was the side of the next building. If you stood on the balcony and looked to the left you had a limited view of the water between the two buildings. If you looked the other direction it was a parking lot. However, it was quiet. There was a wake board competition taking place but once you closed the sliding door, the loud noises stopped. Our goal of sitting on a balcony, looking at a lake and relaxing wasn't the experience we had. As Las Vegas locals we will not return nor will we recommend this resort to other travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sharit1000
ak
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The 3 worst of my many complaints were the surprise bill on the 7th day checkout, all 3 pools and 2 hot tubs being broken, and the room was broken too. The bill included 4 taxes plus a resort fee every day. The entire place lost electricity for 20 min...after that we had no heat or air for our room and the pool and hot tub heaters failed. Then our room...one thing among many was the shower door that could not be opened once closed. BTW, customer service is not customer orientated, they just want your money. We endured.

Room Tip: The children we saw were unsupervised...throwing and breaking a vase outside our room etc.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank presence
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here while competing in the iron girl triathlon in October 2013. The hotel was extremely busy with athletes coming for the event. This hotel offers a local discount which was great for me since I live in Las Vegas also, it was not far from the venue for the triathlon event. The hotel room was good for what I wanted, it has a working shower that had hot water, satellite TV and the guest services were good considering the amount of people staying at the hotel. The grounds its self were also quite good. If fit "the bill" for what I needed. The Lake Las Vegas "village" had cafes, restaurants, etc. in a calm environment compared to "the strip." The parking was secure, underground parking which I appreciated since I had expensive triathlete equipment in my car. The pool was not open (off season) but the ground were the pool is, is quite nice. There was wi-fi in my room (free) and the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JML0810
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas South
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Rose Pkwy/Las Vegas South Hotel
Hoover Dam Lodge
Hoover Dam Lodge
#3 of 8 in Boulder City
Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

Been to Aston MonteLago Village Resort? Share your experiences!