“Dingy and Depressing”

Grand Canyon, AZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Dingy and Depressing”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

There is no more blackjack dealt here, just one lonely and faded roulette table and some slots. If you're gambling here, you might not have hit bottom, but you can see it from here.

Visited February 2011
4 Thank Mario66

Palm City, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Was FUNKY, now JUNKY”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

For many years this little off the beaten track small casino, was the home of $2.00 blackjack and a great place to visit if you wanted to gamble, but not lose too much. It and it's long since closed sibling in Las Vegas had been favorite hangouts for us on our biennial trips to Las Vegas, and I have previously reviewed it favorably here. All that is gone now - it is not even a shadow of its former, friendly, family run funky little gambling hall self. The Twenty One tables are covered with ill fitting cloths, and a few locals show up to play the slots and watch the roulette wheel spin. The cafe is closed. Even the outside sign reads only "DIKE", but this place has lost far more than half of what lttle luster it used to hold. To be avoided! (We did find that the nearby Sam's Town always has one or more three dollar two deck Twenty One games going, free drinks, and if you play for several hours even at the minimum table, get a card and ask to be comped at the in house TGI Fridays. It is our new home for cheap backjack.)(

2 Thank DrbobG1935
NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, Friendly affordable”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My wife and I are from New Jersey and our favorite place to visit is Klondike Casino in Henderson. Everyone is so friendly and Mr. Parks makes us feel right at home. We go to Las Vegas twice a year and go to Klondlike everyday. Thanks for everything Mr. Parks!! See ya soon.

4 Thank nuzzi3
San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Klondike Sunset is great!”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

My first gambling experience in las Vegas was at the old Klondike Casino that used to be on the strip. It was my favorite place. A couple of trips ago, I found the Klondike Sunset Casino run by the original Klondike owner's son, , and am I thrilled that it is there! It is everything that a cheap gambler like me could love. Where else could you get 2 dollar doubledeck and 10 cent roulette? Where else could you gamble for two hours, win or lose 40 bucks and STILL get comped to a $20.00 meal and free drinks when gambling? Its just like the original Klondike, with the same atmosphere, all friendly employees and players. It is so much fun and I recommend it to all!!!

2 Thank Purpleflash77
Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Klondike-a Secret Surprise”
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I have lived in Las Vegas for 22 years and I find the Klondike the BEST local casino. The atmosphere is one of community and each guest is treated as a new neighbor. Stop by the bar for a beverage and good conversation. The employees will make you feel at home, so come and enjoy your total experience at the Klondike.

3 Thank SkipButton2