“Fun gambling with the locals”
Review of Jokers Wild Casino

Jokers Wild Casino
Ranked #13 of 67 things to do in Henderson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On the Boulder Strip, Jokers Wild features live poker, keno and a sports book. It has been recognized by the Better Business Bureau of Southern Nevada for its excellence and commitment to providing the highest quality service.
St. Louis USA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Fun gambling with the locals”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

On our last year's trip to Vegas we were tipped off about this locals place and spent a few evenings here. We did this time as well. I believe this is now the last $1 craps table in Vegas which is my favorite way to gamble. I enjoyed the banter with the locals around the craps table and the generally friendly dealers. The food is pretty inexpensive with decent portions. The cocktail waitresses are also friendly. Sure I lost a little money but I had fun and got a comp'd lunch out of the deal. Currently they also have cheap draft beer and a DJ on Friday nights.

There are several nearby hotels but none within walking distance. You would want to rent a car. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a mile or two away. I reviewed this hotel separately.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank travel0723

Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Inexpensive, fun gambling in a friendly environment.”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I love this place, but there are 3 important things to know about Jokers Wild.
1) Do not bother reading any further if you do not plan to have a car in Vegas. The casino is not within walking distance of anything.
2) While it is located 15 miles from the south end of the Strip, it is nearly all interstate and getting to the JW takes less time than it does to either walk or drive from the South end of the Strip to properties like TI or Venetian. It is also about 3 miles south of Sam’s Town and the Eastside Cannery on Boulder Highway.
3) It has fun, cheap gambling that makes the 15 minute drive well worth it.

The JW is thought of as a locals casino but we find that it is really about 50% locals and 50% tourists (like us) who go there because they don’t want to spend $10 a bet on the Strip. It is a small, well lit casino (visit the website, the pictures are very representative of the interior) and most everyone who works there is friendly. Playing Blackjack, we have had the Pit boss stop by and strike up a friendly conversation with the tourists. Blackjack is $3, multi-deck with good rules, but the biggest draw is the $1 craps table ($2 on weekends), with 10x odds. Where else in Vegas can you get that much value? My wife and I have been there several times over the years and the craps table is always busy and lively. The waitresses come around often. It is not a packed place and not as smoky as many other casinos that tailor to the locals. Other than its location, the only other drawback is that at Craps, there is usually one individual working who is new and is being broken in, and will occasionaly make a mistake; however, the stickman and boxman are always experienced and help the inexperienced worker handle the more complicated bets. The patrons who visit are fun to talk to and I have never seen any problems. I have never eaten there other than grabbing a hotdog at the Sports Bar, so I can’t comment on the food. Overall its a great place to play BJ and craps for several hours without losing your shirt.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Iowa27
Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“GREAT place for low price dice!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I read about this place on a locals (Vegas) blog when I was looking for a cheap place to play and learn dice so desided to check it out. I'm SO glad I did. It's bit of a drive from the Strip, but min. one dollar tables and and INCREDIBLY nice and patient staff made this a place ideal, not just to learn, but to play in a laid back atmosphere with a nice group of people.

The players are pretty clearly locals and .... mature. (Yeah, old guys - they rule.) They weren't pushy and tolerated my being a complete novice. The croupiers and pit boss were pleasant and always let me know - politely - when I was violating table etiquette; and there are lots of subtle rules.

Drink ladies are always nearby and quick with the beverages, and there are plenty of slot machines - I won a few dollars there as well. Wife was able to play slots and stay entertained while I was at the table.

I played for about an hour on Thursday and won around $30, then again of Friday and walked away $45 richer AFTER tipping table guys - they're great and deserve it.

Even if had I lost that much each day, it would've been worth it to keep from making big mistakes on the tables at Golden Nugget or on the Strip with $5 minimums. I'd wanted for years to play dice and thanks to Joker's Wild, I finally did! (PS - Won another $150 on Fremont St the next 2 days.)

Will definitely go next time and give them another shot at my money - I owe 'em.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank GWV1
Wichita KS
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Nice Local Place to Play for Awhile.”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

When in Vegas, we usually take a trip out the the Joker's Wild Casino in Henderson. The gaming is cheap and the folks are friendly. I don't feel comfortable at the Vegas tables playing Blackjack. It's a little intimidating for me. The dealers in Henderson are helpful and have a great sense of humor. They make you feel like you are welcome there. The slots weren't loose for me that day, but have been fine on prior trips. My husband loves the craps there. The waitstaff, cage folks, about everyone greets you and is friendly. This is a nice laid-back and CHEAP place to play!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Sarvin4
Central Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Clean and fun”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The Jokers Wild is another BoydGaming Property. One of the nice things about the Boyd Properties is that whatever points you accumulate at one property can be used at a sister property. It's a nice casino & fairly typical with easy parking right off the highway. Wednesday is seniors day so lots of cheap stuff for us nickel chuckers.