“Overall Pleasant Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
La Puente, California
“Overall Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The rating for cleanliness was based on the fact that our rm had bug debris along the inside patio door & rug area and 2 dead bugs in the bathrm. The rest of the rm was clean & actually very nice. The Hotel is dog friendly, so we brought our Yorkiepoo. If you intend to stay w/your pet, request a room other than #1288. This is the far corner rm and the patio doors lead out to dirt & bushes which you have to go through in order to get to the grass area for your pet. Very pleasant & helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Hazel Green
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ravella at Lake Las Vegas was a pleasant surprise from the "clutter of motels" in Vegas. We spent three nights here and found it to be most relaxing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. We had a lovely view toward the hills and the lights of Vegas from our balcony over the lake. There are walking paths around the lake. We did not partake in the amenities offered as we drove to Valley of the Fire State Park, Lake Mead area, the Mike O"Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, and Hoover Dam - all within an easy day drive. The resort has a casino (for those interested) and several restaurants on site which was convenient. My only complaint was that the check-in staff were not very friendly or accommodating thus the reason for my "very good vs. "excellent" rating. Granted we checked in late, but we seemed to be an inconvenience to them. The resort is rather confusing to navigate. We came back to the front desk twice to get directions to our room. No one offered to assist us, just gave us the same map and directions. We found that through out our stay that we were not the only ones confused. We guided others once we found our way around. Just beware, especially if you are carrying a lot of luggage and have kids in tow. Overall, stay was very comfortable and reasonable priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank biker5152
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This resort destination hotel is a relaxing, pleasing escape from the crowds and bustle of Las Vegas. Highly recommended. One drawback - too many families with kids. Breakfast is great, but be patient, the servers are busy. The variety of food is good. There are also many restaurants in the resort including an Irish pub, multiple Italian restaurants.

Room Tip: Most rooms have great views, some have balconies.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PotatoMasher
Long Beach, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel Needs to have an updated meeting with all staff, prior to opening. Weekly meetings to ensure everyone knows everything and to let staff bring out things that need to be corrected or what issues that need to be brought up. A Hotel this big should have a better way of solving issues as my family and I have.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank John H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Formerly Ritz Carton at Lake Las Vegas; Formerly Ravella at Lake Las Vegas.
We had an issue with the Valet parking attendant/Bellboy.
Since I chose not to use the valet parking ($15.00 per day plus tip each time they bring your car), the attendant charm changed to a nasty look and did not even help with our luggage. I had to go inside and ask the manager to send somebody to pickup our luggage and surprise surprise, the same valet attendant showed to pick it up. Even he was the one to bring it to the room after we checked in.
After this issue, everything was good.

Property is starting to show the years and maintenance for sure is not ritzy but price is not ritzy either.

Hotel, casino, nearby attractions and restaurants, makes you enjoy a different Las Vegas vacation. In general, I was pleased with the mini vacation.

As somebody point out, bed and bathroom are excellent.
I will come back in the future.

Room Tip: Lake view room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here before when it was the Ritz a few years back. I'm a HIlton Diamond member and this last weekend was terrible.

We checked into our suite late on Saturday August 31st. The next day after being out all day we found some crumbs on the floor under the coffee table that had not been cleaned up from the previous guest or the room service from the day. There were literally thousand of ants crawling around the living room area, on my clothes, and in my suitcase. It was a [--] mess.

The room they moved us into developed a giant puddle of water in the middle of the bathroom floor at about 3AM for God only knows why. I didn't even bother mentioning this to the hotel because I just wanted to leave at that point and it really didn't seem like they cared that much. Nothing like a wet sock at 3am.

After getting up in the morning and hoping for a decent breakfast, everything on the buffet was cold and the pancakes were so hard that you could not even cut them with a fork or chew them. That was after the server failed to acknowledge us for over 10 minutes.

Honestly, I'm just shocked at how [--] this stay was. If I was the manager of this place I would at least offer a personal apology for the huge inconvenience and the terrible service. After this I'm honestly considering dropping Hilton membership and switching to Marriott. It was that bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacque S, Director of Sales at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your bad experience with your guest accommodations. To say the very least it was unfair to you as a guest and valued customer of Hilton. I certainly would take the time with you and discuss some type of compensatory restructure.
As a newly converted Hilton hotel, we are constantly working to improve our facility and team services excellence. Training is ongoing and it is feedback, both good and bad allows us the opportunity to improve our service and facility.
Once again, please don't hesitate to make another reservation and I invite you personally to reach out to me when you plan this visit, so that I am able to offer something in accordance with your feedback. Thank you again,
La Habra, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton over Labor Day weekend 2013 since the Westin was sold out. We were hoping to find the Hilton as good as or better than the Westin Lake Las Vegas, but that is not the case.

Why stay in Lake Las Vegas over the strip? Well, we are boaters spending most of our time on Lake Mead and for Lake Mead access it is very, very convenient to Callville Bay Marina (20 minutes). Plus the drive to the Las Vegas strip is only about 30 minutes away which we did one of the nights.

Why did I give the Hilton a 3 star:

1) The Hilton was dead. For a holiday weekend, there were not very many people whereas the Westin was sold out. Kind of a an eerie feeling.

2) The hotel was build to be top class - but it has changed hands so many times that they hotel is showing wear. Still nice, but you can see the issues in the details.

3) The hallways smell like mildew

4) During a 4 night stay, we had to switch hotel rooms 2 times (therefore 3 different rooms in 4 nights). Why? 1 room had a toilet that got clogged twice with normal usage. 2nd room had fire alarm that went off at 5:30am - we evacuated and they could not get it to stop.

5) Customer service not that of a Hilton - after 2 room changes they did bump us up to a suite, but for us the suite meant no bath tub or double beds. When checking out - they gave us a $20 discount for the inconvenience. I was baffled that 2 room changes in 4 nights was only worth $20. After complaining - they bumped it up to $120 discount, but I dont think I should have had to ask

6) The grounds does not warrant the $25 resort fee. The pool area is OK - and compared to the Westin is sucks. The hotel does not have any good restaurants. The room service was decent - but room service can be pretty expensive.

The positives:
1) Parking is free (unless you valet)

2) There is a shopping area (many stores still closed), but this has potential. We did have one night of Mexican food and morning breakfast at the coffee shop.

3) Casino on site - but I did not gamble. The Westin does not have a Casino, if you care

4) The regular room had a great deep tub - unfortunately we never got to use it.

5) We only paid $119 a night for the holiday weekend plus resort fee of $25 - so $145 a night is not too bad. Westin also charges a resort fee.

We will be going back to Lake Las Vegas and I will definitely want to stay at the Westin. Hilton will not be a consideration unless I was desperate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ALinCA5512
Thank you for taking time to send us your detailed feedback.
I am truly sorry that we were unable to reach your expectations, however I can assure you that as a newly converted Hilton hotel, we are constantly working to improve our facility and our team services excellence. Training is ongoing and it is feedback, both good and bad allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facility.
I would be most happy to make another reservation for you personally. Should you need to return to Las Vegas, please reach out to me when you plan your visit, so that I am able to offer something in accordance with your feedback. Thank you again,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#12 of 263 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 15,580 reviews

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!