“Customer Service Awful”

Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Tried checking in at 3am-the place was a ghost town and no phones in the lobby to get service. When she did arrive she charged me for an extra day when I clearly stated what day and time I was arriving No snack machines available. Getting a cup of coffee was like asking to find the holy grail.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa L

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in Hilton resorts - plenty. THIS is no resort.
It is advertised as a quiet haven for those who wish to get away from the strip...and so I booked.
This 'resort' has
-a defunct dried up golf course close by.
-1 pool, which closes before sunset in the summer (8pm!!)
-some marketing convention
- broken rooms in disrepair
- and other than a spa - no real amenties.
The shops are all empty, though there is a manmade lake it is dirty and there is no way to appreciate the water. No boat rentals etc
I was given a 'quiet room' away from the din of their convention. It was a 12 minute walk across the sprawling property to my quiet room where 20 somethings were loud in the hallway for hours until I barked at them.
The room service consisted of making the bed. The shampoo wasnt replaced and the shower was not cleaned.
The tub wasnt cleaned when I arrived nor the rest of my stay.
It is an odd out of the way location- which would be fine- if it matched the image Hilton wants it to have.
Again, there is nothing Resort about this place.
Its just a Hilton. Perhaps a doubletree downgrade is in order.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank skyetraveler74
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for many years, since it was a Ritz Carlton, then switched a couple of times and is now a Hilton. My wife and I were married at this resort, and visit frequently when we need to get away from the kids. This past stay (first stay as the Hilton) was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. The room was filthy, urine in the toilet, hair in the bathtub and shower, and the premises are just not kept up. The mattress was uncomfortable, and the air conditioning was not working properly. Ultimately my wife and I ended up checking out at 4am, as we could not sleep due to the mattress, and room temperature. Unless Hilton comes in, and renovates the property to bring it back to the condition it should be in, I will never be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Robert C
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay for the most part. It was very nice and the accommodations were lovely. I did not feel like I was in Vegas, which I was definitely looking for. I brought my family while I was on business. My son particularly loved the pool. However, we found glass on the floor which would have been a problem for my 7-month old who is crawly, had my husband not found it first.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anastasia W
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family attended this Hotel thinking that we would be staying at a Hilton Resort... Not the case! This hotel was an absolute ghost town! The hotel needs updating terribly! Stained Carpets, dented walls, terribly outdated rooms and more! I agree with the earlier post about the pool... No towels ever! We placed a couple of complaints to no avail. I will never stay at this property again, I advise you to do the same. Do not be deceived by the Hilton Name... This does not have the same standards as a Hilton Hotel! You would be better of staying at a Hamptom Inn... It would be cheaper wither nicer accommodations and better service!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Love2Sty
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel located next to a cool village that offers restaurants and shops as well as live music and a great open grass area for the kids to play while you relax with a cocktail. The only thing I was disappointed with was the pool closing at an early 8pm when it was still hot and light out. My children were very disappointed they had to get out of the pool or we coudlnt have night swims. We requested a roll away bed for the kids and it took about 4 hours, finally arriving around 10:30pm which was way too late.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would like to point out that I did not stay at this hotel, but wandered inside during a very exciting bout of heat exhaustion and gave myself a tour to cool off. This pristine hotel was nearly empty and everything looked absolutely immaculate. I found myself infatuated with their chic decor, and especially the chandeliers. I had checked rates for this hotel before I booked a room at another place, and after seeing the property I was amazed that the Hilton's rooms were going for a mere $140 a night. This hotel has certainly piqued my interest and I cannot wait to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Strip
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!