“GVR did not disappoint and wowed our family and friends” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Toronto, Canada
“GVR did not disappoint and wowed our family and friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

We came to GVR last March for a quick getaway from the cold north and the rates and proximity to The Strip were great. The room was of a good size, the pools and view were great, the spa and gym were awesome. My husband and I had such a great time we threw our 10th anniversary there this October.

Our family and friends came and had a fabulous time. They loved the ambience and tranquility of the pool and spa. The catering for our welcome reception was great and the dinner at Terra Verde was beautiful. We used 2 cabanas on the Saturday and everyone loved the space and service. Everyone loved it so much, our friends and we are planning another trip next year.

We liked the low-key atmostphere and being away from the hustle and bustle of downtown LV. Service was excellent, the concierge was fantastic (we had so much done for our anniversary - they took our worries and work away for us to enjoy and host our gathering), the pool service and spa crew were so professional and EVERYONE in our party loved the resort. Not to mention the casino was a lot of fun and the functional proximity to The Strip and surrounding sites made it so convenient. We knew of the $28 charge for the grounds and facilities and we think it's well worth it. We'll definitely be back. We go during the off-season as we prefer the feeling that we have the resort all to ourselves.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

I've stayed at GVR plenty of times, and their sister property Red Rock even more. I simply love the Tuscan feel of the place. It's so unlike any of the strip properties... Laid back, and relaxed. You don't have this giant registation area, it's small and cozy. Rooms are positioned away from the casino floor so you don't have to step foot inside if you don't want to. Rooms are spacious and incredibly well decorated. It's as if they took a giant hotel and made it feel like a small boutique hotel, and for the most part they got it right.

The pool area is one of my favorites and one of the best in LV. Not only does the pool area have rows of grape vines around it, there's also a sand beach, and my favorite - lounge chairs set up in an area with about 6 inches of water.

I also really like how fast valet service is here. (Same with Red Rock) they are always really nice and FAST unlike the ridiculous wait at other casinos.

Really the only drawback is the $29.95 per night resort fee tacked onto your room rate. (It used to be $19.95) Even though I have never had to pay it (the casino comps my room) it bothers me they are sneaking this on to everyone else's bill. ESPECIALLY if you never use the pool. I once heard the front desk offering this lame excuse to a person checking in - wondering if they tell everyone this. "Sir, you have complete access to the pool and spa tratments at any time" as if the spa was free or something? I feel sorry for the people working in reception, they always have people pissed off at them.

Other than THAT, you will totally LOVE your stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank bermuda_explorer
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayed for one night on August 31. The front desk staff was much improved since our stay in July of 2009. Although we still had to wait to check in, the staff was polite, professional and pleasant during our check in process. The lines for check in and check out were not as long as in July and the font desk staff didn't appear to be as overworked as they were last month.

We were in the West wing on this trip, which we liked better than the East wing. The West wing seems to have been renovated more recently, as the hallway carpets and room carpets were not as worn and it had a "fresh" appearance.

Housekeeping was exceptional and the bathroom very clean.

Bell staff seemed overworked and were "rushing" to try to accommodate everyone who needed a car parked or wanted to pick up a car.

The pool is great, except for the constant rapper music. Even my 23 year old daughter, said "enough of the rap at 9:30 a.m." The pool chairs, the pool itself, bar service etc. are all very good but they could improve the music.

We like this hotel because there is a real separation from the hotel and the casino and the hotel provides a real respite.

The spa is good, except for the bathroom, which needs a renovation and painting. The manicure/pedicure were well done with friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Broder
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

I enjoyed my stay here. I'd visited often to gamble, but this was my first time staying here. And a summer special of two nights for $125 was a good deal. The room was on the small side, and very dark. Even with all the lights on it was still dark. Nice TV, nice bathroom.

Casino was decent, I enjoyed playing VP in the Irish pub and getting comped Smithwicks early in the evening; later at night the bar becomes a hangout for a younger crowd of locals and this old guy had to go! Enjoyed a breakfast at Original Pancake House, good service and good value.

So with all that being said, I'm sorry I won't be back to the place. I just consider "resort fees" to be such a rip-off. I think it was $25 per day, and I went to the pool once for about an hour, other than that I didn't use any of the "services" that the resort fee "covers".

If the property simply charged an extra $25 per night and rolled it into the rates, I would not complain. But the "resort fee" makes this customer feel "abused", quite frankly. So I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank IrishFan
Los Angeles,California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

Do not listen to the other bad reviews about GVR it is very nice we had a tuscany suite for free we havent paid for a room for a long time get a players card gamble $5 and they will send you free rooms free food free everything back to the hotel wow 1500 square foot room free I am telling you get a players card and a hotel host he/she will handel the room just call and tell him/her the dates. Stay at GVR if you like luxury.

Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Cinnamon2
Thousand Oaks, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

We thought we had gotten a great rate, but we were disappointed when we checked in to learn that our room could not accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids. We had to get a 2nd room and pay the resort fee for both rooms. Our room faced a wall. When I asked the front desk why we faced a wall when the hotel was so vacant, I was told that we paid for a standard room - make that 2 rooms. With such a low occupancy rate, an upgrade would have been nice. Other than that, this hotel was a good choice since we wanted to be away from the strip. It was quiet, had an Original Pancake house in the building (the BEST german and dutch baby pancakes!) and a terrific pool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BethTO
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

We decided to stay here since we received a great deal. Check in was lacking to say the least. I think the receptionist used about 20 words total. "Driver's License." "Credit Card." "Staying for 2 nights?" "You are in room ****." "Walk that way to the elevators, turn right, then left, then right." I almost couldnt believe I got lost.

To start, the room was average and was a little worn. It was 110 outside and 82 in the room. The room stayed pretty warm the whole stay. We called down when we cranked the A.C and did not notice a difference in an hour. Maintenance came up and said it was adequate. Well, I am sure motel 6 is also adequate but I was not paying for adequate.

The pool: It looked great, but it was pretty small and very crowded. Pool service was good.

The Spa: we used the "lap" pool area and there was plenty of room. The showers were extremely nice with a huge waterfall shower heads. Get the most out of your $28 resort fee and shower here in the morning.

The Whiskey: Closed! What is happening to this town?

Overall, not what I was expecting from a hotel that was charging $300/night when it was hopping.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OnestoMaschio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 12,261 reviews
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 25 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,239 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!