2,360 results
All reviews green valley east tower off the strip pizza rock sand beach pool area food court resort fee whole foods movie theater las vegas shopping area beautiful resort bell desk station casinos mandalay bay feast buffet
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Do not listen to the other bad reviews about GVR it is very nice we had a tuscany suite for free we havent paid for a room for a long time get a players card gamble $5 and they will send you free rooms free food free everything back to the hotel wow 1500 square foot room free I am telling you get a players card and a hotel host he/she will handel the room just call and tell him/her the dates. Stay at GVR if you like luxury.

2  Thank Cinnamon2
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We thought we had gotten a great rate, but we were disappointed when we checked in to learn that our room could not accommodate 2 adults and 3 kids. We had to get a 2nd room and pay the resort fee for both rooms. Our room faced a wall. When I asked the front desk why we faced a wall when the hotel was so vacant, I was told that we paid for a standard room - make that 2 rooms. With such a low occupancy rate, an upgrade would have been nice. Other than that, this hotel was a good choice since we wanted to be away from the strip. It was quiet, had an Original Pancake house in the building (the BEST german and dutch baby pancakes!) and a terrific pool.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank BethTO
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We decided to stay here since we received a great deal. Check in was lacking to say the least. I think the receptionist used about 20 words total. "Driver's License." "Credit Card." "Staying for 2 nights?" "You are in room ****." "Walk that way to the elevators, turn right, then left, then right." I almost couldnt believe I got lost.

To start, the room was average and was a little worn. It was 110 outside and 82 in the room. The room stayed pretty warm the whole stay. We called down when we cranked the A.C and did not notice a difference in an hour. Maintenance came up and said it was adequate. Well, I am sure motel 6 is also adequate but I was not paying for adequate.

The pool: It looked great, but it was pretty small and very crowded. Pool service was good.

The Spa: we used the "lap" pool area and there was plenty of room. The showers were extremely nice with a huge waterfall shower heads. Get the most out of your $28 resort fee and shower here in the morning.

The Whiskey: Closed! What is happening to this town?

Overall, not what I was expecting from a hotel that was charging $300/night when it was hopping.

Date of stay: July 2009
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank OnestoMaschio
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My family lives in Henderson and we have a big family. So, I usually stay at GVR. To give you some context around my own perceptions; I travel a lot, from Europe to Asia. I have pretty high standards, usually Ritz, Sheraton, Shangri-La type stuff. I am laid back but know when things are nice and good value. I am not frivolous with my mom but willing to spend for good luxury.

My family always gets a discount to stay at GVR. I have to say that to me it is now average because I have been there so many times. I do recommend to gamble here. The station casinos usually pay better so the locals go here alot . Recently though, the pay out has been down so thus little locals.

Rooms- Great! Nice and clean. The bathroom is huge and the speakers in the bathroom is a nice touch. It still is nice but it is time for some updating. The rooms have not changed much over the six years I have stayed there. The first floor suites are amazing! Large and well furnished. The basic room is a normal size with a large bathroom. The beds are just right for me. Some issues are that the corking around the shower looks depleted and moldy. In some cases, it was coming off the door. Not a big deal to me though. The amenities given by the hotel are great and high quality. Also, getting around the hotel can be confusing. There are a lot of random doors and hallways and you can get mixed. I know that the second floor on the newer part of the hotel was being drastically renovated. I do not know what those look like.

Poo/ Spal- Really cool looking! It gets packed though at most times of the day. The beachfront is neat. The spa pool is much better. Pay the resort fee. The gym is decent. It has everything I need. The heated pool at the spa is priceless. The massage rooms are gorgeous! The hours are good too!

Food- The best part, the pancake house is really popular with locals. The buffet is one of the best. It is almost as good as the Mirage buffet. Plus, the new lofts outside the hotel has the cheesecake factory, Pei Wei, wholefoods, etc. Inside there is a food court with a panda express, smoothie king, and a fat burger. There is a also a REI, which was great for me since I rock climb a lot.
The Whisky bar downstairs is a really popular place. It is a nice bar but the last time I was there it was under-renovations. It is also one of George Clooney's hang out spots when he comes to Vegas.

Location- Far from the strip. This is mainly a local hotel. I don't know many people who stay at this hotel FOR the strip.

Sum up- I would stay here again and again. The new M hotel is closer to my family so I think we will try that soon. I am REALLY into modern minimalism design so I will probably like that hotel a lot. GVR is more of the classic look. Definitely best hotel in GVR and Sun city area, but the M is really the first competition GVR has ever experienced ( South Point and Sunset and much lower in standard, more like 3 stars). Don't expect Bellagio or Wynn style service but definitely nicer than the MGM.

Good 4 to 4.5

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TCUtexan09
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I went here for a conference and if they hold it here again I will be back!!! The rooms were great with lots of room. Separate shower and bath, nice big flat screen, big closet with light too. Work desk but the chair sucked!!!! Not comfortable at all. Free internet and for fee higher speed if you need. Great places to eat in the hotel and a few nearby. There is a movie theaters at the hotel but I don't think that they get many of the first fun movies. This is just my opinion but, I have to say one of the best workout rooms that I've ever used!!! Sorry to say but, I didn't use the SPA because it was a bit expensive for me.

Date of stay: July 2009