“Not the friendly place you would hope for and $30 cab ride to the strip”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Nashville, TN
“Not the friendly place you would hope for and $30 cab ride to the strip”
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I was in Vegas to attend a 5 day conference at this resort. Although both myself and my co worker had called each week for the 3 weeks prior to my arrival to ensure that we would receive adjoining smoking rooms with a Strip view. Despite these calls, upon arriving at 4:40 (check in is at 3:00), we were told that my room was ready, but the adjoining room for my co worker was not yet ready. We both agreed to go to my room until her room was ready. Upon arriving at my room, we noticied it was not adjoining to any room, it was non-smoking with a view the front roof. We called the front desk. She indicated she would "work on it" and call me right back. Well, 45 minutes later, still no call. Since we had reservations for a show that night, we walked to the desk to discuss with a manager. He indicated that he could move us, but neither of the rooms were ready at that time. To make a long story short, we had get ready in the "temporary" room, have our luggage by the door and they would move us to our new rooms while we were out for the night and we could check in upon arriving that evening after the show. Not very pleasant customer service if you ask me. They acting annoyed that we were wanting what we had asked for!!!

Moving on, if you are interested in seeing the strip, be prepared for a $27 cab ride each way. Yes, they have a shuttle, but it only runs very few times a day with the last pick up at 10:00 PM. And, it takes you to Mandalay Bay.

Room service left a lot to be desired. Although two days, I had the "please make up room" light on the door, when I returned in the late afternoon..no service. I called and they said, you must have had Do Not Disturb on the door. I did not.

Unless you love seafood, I wouldn't recommend paying the $22.00 for the lunch buffet. You will be disappointed.

Lastly, their website indicates "high speed internet" as an hotel feature. True, but you will be charged $12.99 each 24 hours to use the service. Just be prepared for this fee.

True, they are next to a Shopping District, but be prepared as they are all high end stores. If you have the time and money, you should check it out.

So, all to say, I wouldn't stay here again for the cost and lack of customer service I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
13 Thank Izzy350

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
Flower Mound
Reviewed April 11, 2005

My husband and I spent 2 nights downtown last week, and our last night was spent at GVR - we fell in love with the place. Our room was very well appointed, very clean and exceptionally comfortable, especially the bedding - it is by far the best hotel bedding that we have ever encountered. The overall hotel service was acceptable, although we found the Concierge desk to be a little arrogant and "stiff". We did not have time to experience the spa, but did hear that it was a great experience. We dined outside of the hotel at the District Shoppes across the street - if you like seafood, Kings Seafood is a great choice and offers patio dining. Our next Vegas trip will be spent out at GVR, it is definately worth the drive off of the strip.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank mpowers
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2005

I made reservations at the hotel indicating we would be traveling with our dog. I was told that was fine, however there would be a $300.00 dollar refundable deposit and a charge of $100.00 dollars a day. So I said I would consider it . The reservationist told us to inform reception at, check in, if we brought the dog, and our room rate would be ajusted. Well, you can imagine our astonishment when having traveled 4 hours from San Diego, we were told by a surley assistant manager, the hotel has a weight limit of twenty pounds and our Golden Retriever would not be allowed. We could stay but not our dog. At that point we had no choice and fortunatly could leave our dog with the relatives we had traveled to visit. Even though the hotel maintained they did not have any notation that we were bringing our pet they did manage to charge to our room a pet fee, of $100.00 per day. As a side note, this hotel has been featured on television showing Labrador Retrievers as guests in the hotel. The hotel did refund the pet charge. So take your Golden to The Peninsula in Beverly Hills but not Green Valley Ranch.

• Stayed April 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vineland NJ
Reviewed March 31, 2005

This hotel was our first stay after a long flight from NJ.

The minute we pulled up, we felt like pampered royalty. The valet area is stunning. The hotel lobby is opulent and out of this world. You feel like a celebrity. By the way, we found out many celeb's stay here when they want to get away from the busy Strip, but we didnt see any.

We booked this hotel at $159 a nite with a $100 resort credit. Sweet huh?

The room was well appointed and the beds were heavenly...beautiful furniture too!!!!!!!!!

Pool area is beautiful and very peaceful.

We had breakfast at the Pancake House, which is in the food court located outside their casino....AWESOME crepes and potato pancakes...you will NOT be disappointed.

We didnt gamble here, although I wanted to! We just were too busy exploring the grounds and vegging out by the pool. The new hotel tower was just completed a few months ago, and we stayed in it...I think they call it the West Tower, so ask for it when you place your reservation!

At check out, the valet gave us bottles of water for our next journey ( Grand Canyon)......See? That's a resort that WANTS you to come back. I would recommend staying there!!!!

6 Thank BlueEyedJerseyGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

After 10+ visits to the strip and staying at some of the other 4 star resorts, we thought to try something different. So we spent 3 nights at the Green Valley Ranch in March.

Room: We stayed in an Executive Suite (aproximatly 800 sq ft). Lots of space with a few extra perks. The bed & linen feels top of the line. Nice bar & martini area (lots of $$$ to buy their stuff) along with extra makeup areas in the huge bathroom. We also had a ground level room with a very large and well appointed patio. This looked on to the vineyard and pool area with the strip in the distance. You would never get that relaxing of a view on the strip.

Resort: The pool area is very cool. You have choice of lounge chairs, beds and private cabanas. The casino area is a bit of a walk (a plus and minus), but had friendy dealers for the most part. Our choices for food were met with mixed feelings. We had lots of choices, if you include the options at the attached shopping area. I think we selected style instead of substance, not bad but not great. The brand new spa was on the small side but very well appointed, quite possiblely the best I have been to.

One recommendation would be to those who wish to visit the strip a lot, rent a car. The shuttle service is fine but really restricted on the times it runs. The late night cab fares of $20-30 take a toll on you after a while.

On the whole I would stay here again, all depending on the schedule we wanted to keep for conventions vs. pleasure.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC
Reviewed March 15, 2005

I recently stayed at the Green Valley Ranch this past March, and it was by far one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed at. This hotel is wonderfully decorated. The furniture is beautiful. The beds are amazing and the bathrooms are huge! The Whiskey bar is unbelievably nice. My only complaint with this hotel is that I did not enjoy the spa as much as I'd hoped. My message wasn't great and the spa itself isn't very big.....The pool of course was great, and each employees went out of their was to provide exceptional customer service. I know this hotel isn't on the strip, but it is a real jewel! Don't pass up the opportunity to stay here.

7 Thank DianneWashingtonDC
Gold Coast
Reviewed March 15, 2005

Arriving at Green Valley Ranch you instantly feel pampered. The bellboys takes care of the baggage, the car and after a quick check in we found ourselves in a very plush room with a great bed! After 50 years of travel I have decided to appoint the bed at Green Valley as # 1 in the world.
Picking up our car a few hours later we were greated by name, pretty impressive. Just called from the room and the car was waiting.
Q quick 15 minutes on Hway 215 to the Strip which we always enjoy but it was just as good to come back to GVR and see the lights from the Strip in the background whilst relaxing by the beach....I mean pool. It looks like a beach! Cabanas, sunchairs, all there.
The breakfast, which we had in the casino was buffet style with a good presentation and plenty of attrative food.
To sum it up, if you don't want to spend your day with the crown, Green Valley Ranch Resort is a very pleasant alternative just minutes from the Strip. You feel more relaxed, you get better and personal service and, if you want to gamble, there is a casino there too.

8 Thank Varangian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand
#13 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 263 in Las Vegas
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 26 in Henderson

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!