“Not a place to meet singles”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed May 8, 2014

After staying at almost every hotel in Vegas over the last 40 years, I got a chance to hang at the Ranch. There were a lot of things to like, so I have no problem recommending this resort. The thing that struck me most was the lack of young singles. Not that I care, as I am neither, but if you are one, this is not the resort for you. The rooms were very nice, clean, but without outstanding views (as with M). Slept well, with comfortable beds and little noise in the hallways.

Staff was great-really enjoyed the dealers and aside from a surly cocktail waitress, the staff was very good. Food options are limited because of the adjoining District, which is a great place to eat, shop, and be entertained. Problem is that has forced some of the restaurants to close in the casino.

Sports book and poker room are giant-well done. Slots everywhere, but only one real pit. Was not even that busy on Saturday night, a reflection of again how the locals and conventions dominate this place. Hated that the buffet did not open until 8am and closed after lunch-really needs to open earlier as there were 100 people in line at 745.

No real complaints-lovely resort and staff was great. Just would not advise young singles to hang here, but everyone has a market, so it is what it is.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank AZ-Traveler85253

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Hotel was beautiful. If it were just my husband and I it was perfect. But, I would never go with children. Nothing for kids to do. You pay a daily resort fee however they close the pool and arcade when they want. Not happy at all. This was an expensive vacation for us, so all I can say is, if you have children please check other resorts. I was extremely disappointed as was our son. Our last day there the pool closed early with no notice because people who had 400 rooms took presidence.....I get that they had a lot of rooms.....but this was our vacation and the resort took our resort fee as well as closing the arcade. So, to sum up even if my husband and went by ourselves, we would not return to GVR they obviously do not care about each and every one of their customers.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank gunman516
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Green Valley Ranch for 3 nights and was attending a course nearby for work. The grounds and amenities are extremely nice and well-kept, including the pool area and landscapes etc. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean, spacious, and well-maintained. There is a very affordable and large buffet for meals near the casino, in addition to other restaurant options on site. There is a also a free shuttle from the airport which is nice.

However... The experience here is really dictated by what kind of Vegas trip you would like to have. If you are looking to stay "off the strip" either to save money or be away from the craziness, but would plan to go into the strip a few times during your stay, be aware that cab rides are extremely expensive... About 9-12 miles.. Around $40 (give or take) each way! The $80 spent on a round trip to the strip would probably offset costs saved to stay "off the strip" if you haven't rented a car and are planning to visit the strip a few times during your stay. And of course a rental car is not easy or cheap to park on the strip either! The crowd at GVR tended to be a little older, not as much on the "happening" side, so also depends what you are looking for in that regard.

That may be a good thing for some, so if that is the case then you will really enjoy the resort and relatively quiet casino.. Which is very nice, clean, with comfortable rooms overall and offers a nice getaway. However if you are looking for what the strip has to offer during your time there- consider your options and take the distance and expense to get there into account. That being said, I really had no complaints about the accommodations at the GVR and thought it was a very nice resort.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank savethejoints
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Even though you are in Vegas and probably shouldn't be watching tv, the tv's are of poor quality and do not have the ability to connect to aux inputs. No HDMI or even analog connections. Must use RF modulator to connect. Otherwise i would give it 4+ stars.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I look forward to going back to this resort. I liked being off the strip. The beds were comfortable.The fitness center is excellent. The breakfast buffet is good and the 24 hr outdoor jaccuzi was an added attraction. Plenty of hot water for shower or bath. No coffee maker or microwave in room. Enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Check out prices they change hourly.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Having just left a stay at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno our experience at GVR was mixed. The Grand Sierra is also very large, but overall our hotel stay was much better than at GVR. At check in the girl did not listen to us at all. She seemed intent on spewing her rap, and could not deviate. I had booked a room with breakfast, but she was bothered when I asked about it. I wanted the tower with the Tuscan themed rooms (east) but she put us in west only because she was not listening. (We have stayed at this hotel before....but had I forgotten which tower was which). We wanted to self park and she directed us to the farthest garage...we figured it out and moved later. I guess her inattention really ruined the stay for us on a lot of levels. The first impression and front desk attention can make/break your stay! I tried in room check out, but that didn't work either. Our internet charge was double billed to room, even though it was supposed to be complimentary. As far as room itself; loud kids on floor, thin walls in room...we could hear people talking in next room, gang bangers riding the elevators to misc. floors, room was a shade worn/grungy, no coffeemaker, no fridge, no micro, no bottled water, just that outdated costly in-room bar. My suggestion is that GVR management have a stay at The Grand Sierra in Reno, they could learn something!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miknet
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very pleasant surprise. wonderful hotel. Large rooms, very comfortable bed, fantastic spa and gym...complete with adult only pool areas that were beautiful. Casino was large not too crowded, lots of choices for games to play. The only down side was that the food was variable, from ok to some dishes not good at all. The buffet is average, but at least not ridiculously expensive. Tides seafood restaurant had disappointing decor, the gumbo was awful, the lobster rolls were tasty but too salty, and the oysters on the half shell were fantastic. Service people couldn't have been nicer, went out of their way to be helpful. We lost out on getting one of our complimentary buffet's but not sure if we messed up or the front desk did in telling us how it was supposed to work. All in all, terrific place to feel like you're on vacation and relax, very different then being on the strip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#49 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!