“Beautiful hotel with a great views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Bellingham, Washington
“Beautiful hotel with a great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights for work which also was where the convention was. Very nice design to the hotel, the pool over looks the valley and the strip peeking through the trees. Relaxing place about 15 minutes from the strip. They do have a shuttle that will run you to the strip also. The buffet in the casino is priced well and very good food. Movie theater and arcade down stairs. The room was clean and everything worked well. Also very nice tub and shower. This was my first time in Vegas, and If I ever go back I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
Fairfax, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this resort. We were treated like king and queens from every staff member. The room was truly splendid. The alarm clock was a boze system. The beds and linen superb! It is outside of Las Vegas but I would take this any day over a hotel in Vegas.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved staying at this hotel so much, we never left! The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and quiet. We stayed in a first floor double room which I highly recommend. The casino has something for everyone: food court, live poker, tons of video machines and not quite sure but I think I saw that they have bingo, too. Oh yes, the Spa is fantastic, too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are locals now and we stayed here for one night for our anniversary. We chose GVR primarily because we like their poker room. We thought the room was a little expensive but booked anyway, again, primarily for the poker room. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. I honestly thought it was as nice as one of the higher-end rooms at Caesars Palace that we stayed in last year. Every time I "turned around" in this room I found something else that impressed me. Even the hairdryer was high-end--much better than any I've encountered in a hotel before. The bathroom was beautiful, and I loved the added touch of having a television speaker in there, so that I could hear the news while I was getting ready.
I did have two complaints: 1) for such a high-end room, we didn't think the sheets were particularly soft or comfortable; and 2) this hotel has a real problem with signage. We had been to the casino dozens of times--but never to the hotel. It was VERY hard to find the check-in desk when we arrived. Then it was really hard to find our room, and THEN every time we went back to the room, I was amazed at how odd the layout was. In order to get to our room from the casino: we walked down a hall until we saw a sign that said "west tower rooms." We turned in the direction of the arrow, and there was a elevator. Great. Easy. we get in the elevator and it only has floors 1 and 2 (we are on 5). Turns out we were supposed to walk PAST that elevator through a regular door that had a small sign next to it that said "west tower second floor rooms." Once through that door, there was no sign to direct us (we actually turned back the first couple of times), but it turned out we had to turn left and walk down a long hallway to the elevators which would take us to the 5th floor. We never found an easier way. Frankly, the only way we figured this out was from some very specific directions from the front desk, along with a map. I was astounded by how odd the whole thing was. If they are going to have such a convoluted layout, they really really need to put up clear and concise signage directing people. The first time I tried to go back to the room from the casino, I really got pretty frustrated.
IN SPITE of the above rant, the room was very nice and I would definitely recommend GVR to friends and family who didn't mind spending a little more for a room. Oh, and also...we didn't use the pool, but we had a view of it from our room and it looked fabulous--with a zero entry pool that even had a sandy "beach" area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucky777
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked our trip through aarp.org and ended up in a room with two double beds at the end of the hall. All advertisements said "free internet access" - that is a lie. For broadband they charge $17.99 and for wireless $25.99 - that is not free! We stayed Oct. 7 & 8, 2013 and our room was supposed to overlook the pool in the East Tower - we got to look at a very large palm tree! The pool was closed (but they never tell you that when you are booking), the spa and casino were a very long walk from our room. I would not stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the West Tower and you won't have to walk so far. Stay away from the 10th flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kathie L
Fairfax Station, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Green Valley Ranch due to his business conference attendance. Although some of the trip I participated in business, I was basically the "wife" and therefore had more time to explore Green Valley and the surrounding area. We stayed in the West tower and although we didn't have a view of the pool, the room was beautiful nonetheless. I had read previous bad reviews regarding the West tower and was a little concerned; but everything was great! It should be noted that I have stayed in MANY luxurious hotels around the country and prefer only 5 star rated hotels, and this one was right up there. The common areas of the hotel were beautiful, the pool grounds were so beautiful and the people were sooooo nice!! It was also great that The District shopping was right next to the hotel and further, at about a 10 minute walk, there was a Whole Foods! I love TripAdvisor and do rely on it for my hotel bookings and so I do have to mention that we did have the trouble with the Check-in process that was noted on some of the other reviews. The front desk staff was minimal (2 people) for the size of the hotel on a Saturday afternoon and the process itself was archaic. They basically had said that the room wasn't ready, check your luggage with the bellman and keep checking back with us after 1PM- they wouldn't take anyone's cell #s to contact them when the rooms were ready. My husband and the rest of the lobby patrons were surprised, but I wasn't since I had read the other TripAdvisor reviews. It's a shame that this happened as the first impression of our stay because everything else on the trip was awesome! All the other employees that I came in contact with were extremely sweet and truly hard-working! Hopefully this type of thing will be resolved by the hotel management; I did explain the Check-in issue to the hotel manager since our return from Vegas and she was apologetic and is going to resolve that aspect of their service. I recommend this hotel to couples, families (there's actually a movie theater inside the hotel!) and business patrons. (Should also mention that after we completed our 5 day business stay at Green Valley Ranch, we then went to stay on the Strip and had a 2 Star experience at the Bellagio hotel!-- that will be discussed in a separate review, but just keep in mind that the Bellagio should NOT have a 5 star hotel rating on several levels.)

Room Tip: Always mention to the hotel if you are celebrating something special during your stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Researchgirly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Best pool and spa I've ever been too. I would definitely go back. I swam laps in the lap pool in the morning, and drank near the wading pool in the afternoon. Front desk staff were great. Casino was fun. The mall next door is a nice touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#9 of 267 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 14,411 reviews
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#36 of 267 in Las Vegas
4.0 of 5 stars 15,981 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!