“Luxury feel, great for group meetings”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Luxury feel, great for group meetings”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd company meeting at the Green Valley Ranch. Such a nice facility, so clean, so spacious, and the pool is beautiful (though I haven't used it).

I was on the 2nd floor and had a great balcony looking over the pool - I only wished I could have spent more time enjoying the ranch instead of being in meetings all day.

Room Tip: The layout can be confusing. I have been on the East Wing and enjoyed the rooms. Be sure to ask fo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank edubbs5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
RALEIGH, NC
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just finished a week at Green Valley Ranch. The temperatures hit 100 each day. Could not get our room to be as cool as we wanted the cooler fan would eventually shut off even though the temperature it was set at was not reached. Another room problem was the lack of water pressure, don't expect a good shower, took extra time for enough water to wash off soap in ones hair. The shower and tub grout showed some mildew, something that indicates housekeeping has ignored this area over time. The room was very good size and the staff very friendly and helpful. The casino is a long way from the rooms so expect to do some walking. Had problems with the Grande Cafe but we'll do separate review on that. My wife and I will return but only when weather is cooler.

1 Thank Michael G
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel to spend time in Vegas away from the strip. Lots of great shops and dining within walking distance as well as all of the amenities in the hotel including theaters. Beautiful decor and pool and spa areas are tranquil and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I loved this hotel for its pool and pool side service.
I went to Vegas for a little bit of sun and relaxation and that is what I got.
I would go back in a heartbeat.
Also, loved the shuttle back to the airport, it worked great for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for a family vacation and in conjunction with my father's navy reunion. Although I had been to GVR a few times before, I had never actually stayed in the hotel. Rooms were good size, nice, clean. Bed was pretty comfy. The hotel itself is divided into two wings and getting around is a bit confusing. Apparently they are adding more signage which will definitely help! Pool area was lovely! We went during a pretty quiet week which probably helped with the pool experience. Gym was decent size and, while I did not take advantage of the spa services, the facilities were quite nice. The Feast buffet is a good value and has something for everyone. However, we particularly enjoyed the Grand Cafe. Very friendly service and great breakfast and lunch. Very reasonably priced. Could not be bothered with some of their other restaurant offerings due to the price. Casino is ok. Not a great variety of slots in my opinion.

My husband and I had been here many years ago...when GVR was the only thing in the area. It has definitely changed a bit! Lots of new restaurants and shops around the hotel so it feels a lot less isolated. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor of the West wing. This is the same floor as the casino and close to...
iowa
Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! Very pretty - room and bathroom spotless.
We had breakfast several times at then cafe and the food was very good. The Bloody Mary's at the Irish bar were some of the best I've had anywhere and definitely the best in Vegas!
Loved the cushions on the chairs at the pool along with the mist at the palm trees - just a light mist to cool you off every now and then. And the music at the pool was nice - not overly loud like at most places. All of the people that worked there were very nice. And helpful.
The only negative thing I can say it is slots are VERY tight - I never expect to win much but expect to be able to play a little vs the machines just sucking up the money with hardly a token credit or two given. Lost interest very quickly with the gambling.
Will definitely return but stay out of the casino!

1 Thank IowaScaredycat
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been staying at Green Valley Ranch for 10 years+. I have to say that while some of my comments may be negative for this stay, it is still a good hotel and we will continue to return. We actually stayed one night at the beginning of our trip and two nights at the end. There have been some subtle changes over the years which takes this from a great place to very good. the service used to be the best around, well this time it was lacking. We arrived early on Monday morning and rooms were not available when we arrived. This was not a problem however I was told they would charge us 25.00 for an early check in before 11:00. This is new and early check in was never a problem in the past. We reserved four rooms and were told to come back about 12:30, which we did. At first we were again told that rooms were not available, but all of a sudden all rooms were ready for check in. The staff at the front desk were not as accommodating as in past stays. This was not the case on Friday when we came back to finish the vacation. The decline in service extends into the casino as well. My friend waited over ten minutes at the cashier while the staff dealt with an employee paycheck issue. The little things that made this place special, no longer exist. I realize that companies make budget changes due to the economy, but service and staff training should not be one of them. The buffet while still a good value, lacks in attention to detail also. No longer is the meat carved for you at breakfast, but cut up in self serve pans. The handles of the tongs that everyone touches were in the pans touching the other food. There no longer is coffee in the lobby--which was a nice touch. I know that many of these things are small changes, but I hate to see a place that we really love go down hill. Many of the areas could use some updating. The east wing still has not been updated and is beginning to look tired. We are in Las Vegas 2-3 times a year and always love to end our trip here as it is more relaxed than on the strip. The beauty of this city is that there are so many choices of places to stay and the one thing that can make or break a hotel is the customer service. I want this to be a place that we always want to come back to. It's always been a gem. We will give it another try on the next trip. I hope it will not disappoint.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank barb7000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#12 of 263 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 15,568 reviews
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 25 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,284 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!