“Just got back from a weeks stay”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked this hotel through Expedia based on the positive feedback from other reviews. When we first arrived we asked the clerk if we could have a room with a view of the pool and he unfortunaley said that our view was facing the parking garage. He offered us a view of the pool and the strip for $20 a day but he eventually reduced this to $10 dollars a day. The room itself was clean, comfortable and large enough for both my wife and I. When we booked Expedia had a promotion that we would receive two free breakfast buffets each day at the Feast Buffet. The buffet was good and had an omelet station and soft taco station and all usual breakfast food. The pool area was very nice and lots of sitting areas with umbrellas. The hotel staff were all very friendly. All-in-all great stay, great location for off the strip and friendly staff.

Pros
- Friendly staff
- Good buffet
- .99 Margaritas at the Sports bar.
- Tip the waitresses and you will see them often even playing the nickel slots.
- Good location for off the strip.
- Reception area has bottled water for free.

Cons
- Long walk to the rooms.
- Food at pool is expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the GVR for 10 days in Aug 2013, and we enjoyed it. It's fairly new, or at least looks it, and the prices are reasonable. Meals at the restaurants and buffet are about half of what we've paid at many places on the Strip. Our money lasted longer in the slots, which is a nice benefit. Our players club cards got us several free meals. Line-ups at the buffet take forever. Service and friendliness of the staff was uniformly very good to excellent. Location is right off the freeway, so it's easy to get around LV if you've arrived by car. There's a free shuttle to the Strip (Mandalay Bay), which is 9 miles NW.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We (husband and 5yrs old daughter) stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend in August. I would recommend this hotel for families with kids as they have an arcade, movie theater and a nice pool with sand area where kids could play/swim. They do not have kids club/kids quest as compared to their sister casino Red Rocks. I would not recommend this hotel if you plan is to party. The strip is still the best area.

Check in and check out was quick and the front desk staff were friendly. Check in time is 3PM and check out time is 12 noon. Concierge/costumer service was a disappointment as I tried to call after entering our room to ask questions but she put me on hold for a long time which I ended up hanging up on her (the same happened to one reviewer that I had read).

They do have resort fees which is now common on most Vegas hotels and everywhere. Resort fees includes the use of internet, pool, tub and spa where you can use their sauna without booking on a spa service.

Our room was on the west tower where the hotel lobby is located and farther walk to the casino as compared to the east tower. Our room was clean and had a comfortable mattress. The room does NOT have coffee maker, fridge, microwave nor complimentary water. They do have a mini bar and fridge full of some goodies for sale. I liked the separate tub and shower and toilet with door for privacy. Bathroom comes with clean towel and shower amenities.

I thought the pool/garden area was nicely landscaped and decorated. They have lots of lounge chair but the front row close to the pool gets crowded esp on the weekends. The pool bar serves food and beverages but stops serving food at 5PM. We enjoyed our cocktail which has a good mix and not water down (compared to other bars in the area).

Their restaurants and buffet was good with their pricing. Its worth trying them while staying here. The casino was good as other casinos in the area.

I would recommend a car when booking on this hotel esp if you plan to visit the strip and other nearby areas. Valet was quick and staff are friendly. We use it multiple times during our stay coz we were in and out all the time.

Room Tip: West tower is where the hotel lobby is located and farther walk to the casino. The east tower is clo...
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night before heading out on an REI adventure vacation. This was a perfect location because the REI store was within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel is pretty far off the strip - and it is huge! There was a very long walk from the front desk to our room. But I supposed that's the way most hotels are in Vegas. The room was very clean, large and comfortable. We slept very well. I was worried about hearing lots of noise in a hotel with a casino - but nothing disturbed our sleep.

We did have a chance to use the pool area. It is kind of neat - they actually have a beach area leading into the first part of the pool. Kids could play in the sand. It looked like beach buckets were available...and they also had free water. And they had poolside service for food and beverages. But my son was disappointed there wasn't a slide or other fun pool stuff...so he did get a little bored after a bit. (spoiled child!)

We were lucky and were able to take advantage of their shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. However, it does not on demand...but only every 1 to 1.5 hours, so you could end up with a long wait at the airport, or may just want to spring for a taxi.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My stay was OK, but far from great. I was lured in by the low price only to find out that a extra resort fee was tacked on. I expect that when staying at the big names on the strip but not here. I didn't use any of the spa services. The casino was fine but nothing special. My room was somewhat dark and not completely clean. The waste basket had not been completely emptied. It's a pricey cab ride if you are planning on visiting the strip. Next time I'll pay a little more and stay on the strip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had previously slammed the GVR for closing the Pancake house but on my second stay at GVR this year I gave in and tried their restaurant that replaced it. I must say that the food and service at breakfast as well as dinner were great! I'm sorry to the GVR for dissing you about this earlier its just that old habits die hard. The ambiance is quieter and you don't have to stand in any long lines to get a table. Of course the buffet is always recommended to do at least once during your stay at GVR. Another discovery is the burger shop that is hidden behind the Sports book area - they do made to order burgers for a very reasonable price; just be willing to wait for them to make your burger - would highly recommend, I got this take out to the airport since its much better than airport burgers.
I highly recommend staying at GVR as long as you have a car for sightseeing since it is not on the strip. Their spa is also a must use, you don't need to purchase a service to enjoy it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank furikake
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I checked in at the property for my birthday, I told the check in agent what I was there for and she did not even acknowledge it. It's ok. They charge a resort fee but nowhere in the room or in the key packet telling guests what it's for. I called at 11pm to inquire about the resort fee and was placed on an infinity hold I had to hang up. I took a shower that night and when i got out of the shower, i was shocked to see water was all over the bathroom floor. I had to use all the towels to dry the floor. No coffee maker in the room, but has a mini bar. of course, they need to make that $$. The next day, I wanted to speak with the manager. She wasn't available. Agent took my cellphone number and was supposed to call me back, but never received any call back.

3  Thank rosecel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#49 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!