“PARADISE AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been staying at the Green Valley Ranch for the last 5 or 6 of our trips to Las Vegas.

We just love this property!!! We love everything about it. The staff are all so very friendly and
always have a smile and a pleasant greeting for you. My husband and I are from Hawaii so our
vacations are very important to us and are always sad when we have to return home after having
stayed at GVR.

One of the most important assets to GVR is our Casino Host, J.R. He is always so cordial and
friendly with us and is a valuable asset to the Green Valley Ranch. It is always so important
that your first impression and introduction to the hotel/casino. We are ecstatic and so impressed
with J.R.! Senior Management should be so proud that you have J.R. to represent GVR!!!!

We will continue to return to GVR!!! Keep the great work!!! GVR is such a beautiful property and offers so many wonderful services.

Thank you to all the staff and to especially our Casino Host, Mr. Juan Rojas (J.R.).

Love and Aloha,

Rodney and Pat Nicely

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I spent a week in Las Vegas the early part of July at a resort away from the Strip. My granddaughter was part of a dance convention held at Green Valley Ranch Resort and I attended with my daughter and granddaughter. I wondered what it would be like since all my annual trips are spent at hotels in the 'thick of the Strip'. It as delightful, and the difference was amazing. It was quiet, although much activity was going on with the dance convention and competition. The in-house restaurants were somewhat efficient, however I saw some room for improvement. The housekeeping staff was prompt, in and out, and thorough. What more can you ask? The Spa was excellent, away from the hotel a few steps, efficient, good massages, allow their customers to use their sauna, whirlpool, etc., as long as they like. The gym was efficient and to my daughters satisfaction. She is in the fitness business so she's very critical.
Pool was fun for moms and children, I make a short visit, but with temperatures over 100 I didn't stay long.
My only criticism was getting to and from various locations within the hotel. Our room was extremely convenient to the lobby, spa and pool. However to get to the Casino, restaurants, and the lower level where the dance events were held we had to: leave our room on the 4th floor, take the elevator down to the 2nd floor, walk down the entire hall to the end, go through two doors, that opened into a large area, next to the Grande Cafe and casino. As a senior I found the distance since we went to these areas often each day a bit unreasonable.
On the plus side there was a shopping area directly across the street from the resort which we enjoyed on several occasions.
The restaurants inside the Resort served good food, no problem. The Grande Cafe, which is open 24 hours, was a bit inefficient as the hostess also in addition to seating people, had to take the money from patrons when leaving, and serve bakery items and coffee from the front. Sometimes the patrons leaving the restaurant had to wait a long time before she could 'get to us'.
All in all I would not hesitate to go back to the Resort. I found their Casino employees friendly and helpful. There were not overly crowded, for which I was pleased. I was told many local people frequent the Casino, restaurants, and also go to their Cinema which is located on the lower level and plays current films.
A good time was had by all.

Room Tip: Depends on what you plan to do when there. The walk to get to the Casino from our room which was ex...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momaclown
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a great hotel & I would certainly recommend it if you want to sleep away from the craziness of the strip. We stayed on the strip for 2 nights prior to booking a last-minute 1 night stay at GVR because we couldn't get a Sunday flight home. They had a priceline deal for only $43 for the night! The location is great, very close to the airport which was a plus because we had an early morning flight out.The rooms were very elegant and included amenities I wouldn't have imagined in a hotel...they seemed to have thought of everything! The bed was super comfy. My husband enjoyed the casino which he said "deals cards the old-fashioned way" ie no automatic card shufflers/readers. The only issue I had with this hotel was that a nearby group played loud music and talked pretty loudly on and off all night. I'm sure the hotel would have done something if I had called and complained but I was too exhausted to bother. Also, their entire system was down so we couldn't do the express check-out from the room as promised but still had no problems when they emailed my receipt after the fact. I didn't check out the spa but my aunt who traveled with us said it was amazing. We will definitley have to make a repeat trip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Green Valley has one of the best buffets in Vegas. The Casino is large but comfortable. I like the slot games they have there. waitresses and nice and friendly and the patrons are pretty cool too. They have a large sport betting section and a little snack type restaurant where the prices are really reasonable. They have 3 or 4 upper class type restaurants and the prices there are relatively reasonable for top shelf dining.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

GVR is a beautiful resort. The convention services are wonderful and the hotel staff excellent. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The casino is smaller than those on the strip but very fun with all the good table games and plenty of penny slots. Dealers were all very nice and helpful. Pool is also lovely and this would be a great family vaca spot. I was here on business but would definitely bring my family back. One last note, the China Spice Resturant in the casino is not very good. The servers and managers were very nice and accommodating but the food was all very heavy and fried. I would not recommend this Resturant but all the others seem ok.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just returned from spending 3 days at Green Valley Ranch and we were all impressed with their customer service. The service from the time we drove up to check out time was fantastic. The staff was all genuinely nice, which is a pleasant change from the busy Casinos on the strip. The food at the buffet was good and the kids enjoyed being able to pick whatever they felt like eating. The pool was nice and kid friendly. Highly recommend it if you have little ones that want to spend the whole day at the pool. More importantly the drinks at pool side are reasonably priced between $6 for beers and $9 for specialty drinks. A special thanks to Gia, the lovely young waitress at poolside, who kept the cold beers coming all day. The rooms are clean and the normal size you find at most Casinos. The web site indicates that the rooms include a coffee maker, but they have all been removed, since they just opened up a Coffee Bean in the food court. My only complaint was the bed. The bed was very uncomfortable when you laid on it; you sank to the middle and felt & heard the springs all night long. Some of the other reviews state how nice the beds are, I unfortunately got stuck with one of the old beds that definitely needs to be replaced. Overall I recommend GVR if your looking to spend a couple of quiet days with the family and not want to hassle with the crowds and fast pace of the strip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Adri1195
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We lived in the area years ago and stayed at Green Valley Ranch while visiting family. The hotel is nice and has all the standard Station Casino things like a restaurants, food court, buffet. There is a large movie theatre on the bottom level. It has a very nice pool. Close to the freeway and the airport. Way off the strip so you have to drive. There is a little mall attached with some shops like Coldwater Creek and Pottery Barn. The hotel is nice. Great bathroom with a soaking tub with separate shower. It was a bit of a far walk to our room from the casino.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PAmomroadtripper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#51 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#15 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!