“Amazing Pool/hotel/service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Arizona
“Amazing Pool/hotel/service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked through a discount site, but I think I'd be willing to pay full price for this place. It's easy to get to, directly off the 215W, and near the airport.
I booked a king room, but at the last minute a friend wanted to come, so the gentleman at check-out was very accommodating and upgraded me to a 2 queen bed for no extra charge. The resort fee included a free drink, free waters at check-in, free desert at one of the restaurants...the room was beautiful, oversized, and there is a fully-stocked mini-bar (not that I used it!). The bathroom has a separate shower, and a large tub. Full-size spa toiletries. Really beautiful furnishings, clean, and there is security throughout the hotel.
The pool is the amazing part...it's huge, with several levels, and both shallow and deep pools, as well as a "beach" area for children, with sand and shallow water. Waiters come by to take orders for the bar. Lots of shady areas for families.
There is a coffee shop directly off the the elevator, and there are several restaurants throughout the adjoining casino, which is also quite large, and has tons of slot machines and table games, and every single employee I spoke to was pleasant and helpful.
I noticed there was a movie theatre in the hotel, which I didn't have time to check out. There is shopping nearby as well. Parking was free.
I really want to go back and take the kids next time. I would be willing to pay the full price, but if I can get is discounted again, I would be even happier!!!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the east tower, as it is directly off from the coffee shop, and opens out to th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

OK, its expensive and not on the strip (thank God!) the spa and health club are fantastic! you pay for it but you get what you pay for in spades. Food and beverage is very good for a hotel/casino. Room service, excellent. For those on a budget, the food court has excellent choices including a FAT BURGER and an excellent sandwich shop. A movie theater on the ground floor and for those with "young adults", a very well equipted play room with all the lastest video games. The service is excellent and staff was calling me by name on my second day there. THe rooms are very well appointed and unlike most casino hotels, excellent entertainment in the rooms on the TV including free HBO and pay for movies. And a clock in the room which most casisno's don't have. I have stayed there many times over the past 10 years and would always recommend it. Booking on line is a bit difficult and I find I get the best rooms if I call.

Room Tip: Call and discuss room types on the phone, They have many different style rooms and suites depending...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dalton, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time at GVR and thought it really was a great value compared to the strip casinos.
Loved my room as well as the facility itself.
Enjoyed several places to eat on site as well as used the spa.
All top notch.
Small draw back, I wish the pool was bigger...seemed a little overrun with kids for a Vegas pool.
Wasn't awful, just a little tight.
The casino also has shopping and even a movie theatre.
I play a lot of table games and it was nice to be able to play in such a nice place with reasonable limits to play.

Had a great time.
Will be coming back next time we head west!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from our stay at the Green Valley Ranch on 6/19/2013.

Overall the stay was pleasant and the hotel was very nice.

Pros -
Very nice rooms, ample size and classy finishes
Beautiful pool that is great for kids, complete with sandy beach
Perfect size casino floor, not too small or too big, easy to manage
Good food options from a quick bite at Fat Burger to a dressy steak house
Great band played live rock music at the Irish pub
Excellent buffet
Located next to more food at The District shopping area
Regal movie theater on grounds
Top notch fitness center, entrance included in resort fee

Cons -
Poor check in service, payed to upgrade room view and even after that was placed on 2nd floor, had to argue for floor upgrade
Pool service is auto gratuity and the service suffers, 20 min to find server, another 20 to get your drink
Pool side bungalows were quoted to me by server at $250/day on weekdays, got one for $100/day at MGM Signature on weekday
Pool drinks are not cheaper than strip hotels
The casino reeks of smoke and cigarettes are sold at discount to promote smoking there
The District shopping area is very mature female focused type of stores
Hotel guest parking is far from rooms, almost forced to Valet
Small gift shop with few exclusive products to Green Valley Ranch, mostly generic products

This was a really nice stay minus the hassle I received at check in and the bad service pool side. The hotel is beautiful as is the pool area, grounds are kept magnificently. Good gambling and great food. I have sent this review to the hotel in hopes that they will make some corrections.

Room Tip: Upgrade fees will apply and check in time is anywhere between 3PM-5PM making it tough to get a speci...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Im very surprise how this 4 diamonds resort react to cocaine in the guest room. My family and I check in on Saturday, June 22, 2013. We told the child not to eat anything snack from the snack bar once we got in. But to be safe we decided to move the tray to the top shelf and to our surprise a small bag of white powder felt from the bottom of the tray. My husband open the bag to see what was inside and it was cocaine. My husband called the front door and they told us they will send security. The manager did not check if we were ok or to come by to see what they can do. The worst part is when security came it was no big deal to them. It made me felt like something like this happens all the time at this resort. One of the security said "ok thank you we will flush it down the toilet." We have to young kids and lucky it wasn't them who found the bag. Who knows what will have happen if the children thought it was sugar and tasted. .

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
13 Thank DivaTravlers
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Excellent, larger than normal rooms with comfortable beds. Grounds are beautiful with various pools including a sand beach. Fabulous spa and good variety of restaurants. 10-Plex movie theater on site and next to The District, a great shopping and dining area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
beverly hills
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let me start by saying, I work for a law firm that specializes in hospitality, so maybe I expect a little more from a hotel, but I think I am extremely reasonable. My review of this hotel starts from check in - which took 4-1/2 hours! Why? I still don't know - 4-1/2 hours and 5 front desk people, all before we could check in, and we still wound up with a room overlooking the garage. While the hotel is absolutely beautiful and has really nice rooms and extra large bathrooms, the service is awful. The snooty attitude of the front desk and the spa is not to be believed. The hotel industry in Las Vegas has not fully recovered from the recession, so I am not sure why they have such an attitude. I contacted the front desk manager, Eric - who gave me some free drinks and desserts for our troubles. I then contacted the general manager, John who actually came to speak to me at my Cabana. Again, no explanation for the snooty attitude or what is being done about it, but on our 3rd day, the service personnel was a little nicer. While my family loved the facilities of this hotel, I will not take a chance and stay there again. The hotel is extremely clean and SOME of the wait staff is good, but we feel the only person we encountered that was worth a tip is Natalia at the Cabana. Also, make a note that there are two other pools on the property, which I did not find out about until the 3rd day. The Pond is available for anyone 21 and over and there is a Spa pool. Of course I found out about these by myself, not that anyone told us about them. While most pools in Las Vegas are open until late, the GVR closes their pool at 7pm (way too early), also I was told by 3 different wait staff that the pond was open until 9 pm - NOT TRUE! Every pool closes at 7.

The food was delicious at all the restaurants we ate at but stay away from the buffet - NOT worth it. The TV screens at the sports bar are out of focus and difficult to watch. The casino is fine - and has some interesting slot machines and I never had to wait to play. Had some fun at the bar, although the drinks at the lobby bar are not good, stick with basics. The movie theater and the arcade are both good choices for children. Walk out the back (by the movie theater) and take a stroll down the outdoor mall. Nice location. It would be nice if the hotel had pool activities for kids and adults.

My family has never felt this uncomfortable at a hotel before and while I don't want to speculate why, it was enough for us to unanimously decide that we would never return.

Room Tip: Stay in the east tower. Cooler room and less noise, longer walk to lobby. Ask for better pillows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cynthialuc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#9 of 267 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 14,371 reviews
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#35 of 267 in Las Vegas
4.0 of 5 stars 15,932 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!