“Nice part of town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Acton, California
“Nice part of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I like to stay at GVR due to the area that the hotel is located. It is a clean and safe area just outside of Vegas. I have been to this hotel many times. I love the shopping and restaurants outside of the hotel. There is a Lucilles's BBQ, PF Changs, and a Cheesecake factory. The only down side of this hotel is that it is not laid out very well. It is very confusing and its almost like you have to go through a maze to get to your room. I was in the west tower this time and they seemed to be doing some painting on the floors below. The workers were very loud and I had to change rooms. I was moved to the east tower and was delighted to have peace and quiet. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. I would recommend this hotel. Just know that it is a bit confusing to navigate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank BeckiandJames

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Casper WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We travel through Las Vegas twice a year so that's as many as of four stays at GVR/year and we've been staying here for several years so I consider myself a veteran guest of this hotel/resort.

The hotel itself is lovely, everything is clean, the rooms are great (hint: east tower is a little more Mediterranean in decor, the west tower is slightly more modern) but recently our casino host that rocks, Pete Scarpa Jr., has been putting us into some of the suites which we have really enjoyed. Pete never fails to personally greet us whenever we arrive and we're not that big of gamblers but it's always nice to receive such personal attention.

We started staying at GVR because we tow a boat along with us on vacation, and they have ample parking for vehicles with trailers, RV's and just about any sized vehicle. Their Security is top notch and we have never felt worried about leaving our packed boat in the parking lot.

This past month a cousin and myself stayed at GVR. It was her first visit and I was reminded through her fresh eyes as to why this property is so special. She really enjoyed the feeling of Las Vegas with all the lights and action, but at the same time there is a feeling of being so much more cared-for. The floor staff is incredible, we had some very interesting conversations with personable slot attendants that made us feel so welcome. We love the new T-Shirt $1 slot area just outside Sushi/Saki and the mini jackpots every few minutes were great too. I won over $500 in casino quick cash drawing during my stay just for having my player's card in a machine. She also appreciated not having to walk three miles to get from one end of the complex to another and she has decided her days of staying on the strip are officially over!

SO many places to eat in the hotel, there are independent chains at the food fair (Panda Chinese, Fat Burger, Frozen Yogurt etc) and outside in The District Shopping Mall. The restaurants onsite that are run by the hotel are varied: we really like the offerings at Tides Oyster Bar but there's everything from their award winning International Buffet to an Irish Pub, and upscale steak and Martini restaurant and everything in between including Italian and Japanese. A multi-screen movie theater completes the amenities. Still miss the Strip? No problem! There's a shuttle for that with a courteous and knowledgeable driver. They will also pick you up at the airport if you let them know you're coming. There is even a couple of rental cars right at the hotel available through the concierge if you want to take a day jaunt anywhere else. There are many bars with various themes on the property so you will never want for lack of some adult beverage time.

I am not a huge fan of sitting around a pool but they do have beautiful outdoors areas. There is a family-friendly sand beach pool, adult pools, lots of cabanas and varied seating areas.

The only negative (and this may change, given enough feedback) is that the management has made the decision to remove coffee machines from the rooms and have also done away with the coffee station in the lobby. This is happening more and more, I see it in other hotels too but IMO if the hotel cannot afford to offer complimentary coffee then at least put in a Keurig machine I can use a pod in, and offer pods in the in-room snack bar for purchase. I dislike having to get dressed in order to have a cup of coffee in the morning and I would much rather have the option to buy a cup in my room than have to traipse around the hotel with no makeup and my hair not done.

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa has always been our favorite choice for Las Vegas. It offers everything one would ever want in a Las Vegas experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank WYO_Canuck
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

nice resort, beautiful grounds, casino, spa everything you may wish except a coffee shop near the libby. to have breakfast or just a cup of coffee you have to walk a long walk to the casino area. i found this extremely annoying.
everything else is quite good

• Stayed December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Green Valley Resort couples a great Casino with a casual resort type atmosphere. There is everything one wants in a get-a-way hotel experience.High-end accommodations tons of things to do a good variety of unique restaurants and yet none of the pretense you may get in a downtown property. It feels like this place is really comfortable in it's own skin and transfers that easy feeling to it's guests. Loved it and would definitely return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you want to enjoy a resort that has a nice pool area, some good restaurants, and casino gambling without the craziness of the Strip, this is a good choice. Seems like a good location for families. The well appointed hotel is quite large but never seemed crowded. Green Valley Ranch also serves as a convention hotel for business meetings, but most of that activity is held in an annex, so that guests are not overwhelmed with the convention attendees. I found the hotel service excellent. The Terre Verde restaurant serves tasty Italian food. My only complaints were that the rooms can be a long walk from some parts of the hotel and that my room had no view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool area or at least a room with a view. All the rooms have a ni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This property is the crown jewel of Henderson. From the outside, it looks majestic and stellar. It's super clean, with easy parking and access to The District. From what I experienced, they were understaffed from the start. It took almost 30 minutes to get checked in. The room wasn't ready and it was nearly 6pm.
The casino and hotel are stellar, but please staff it properly Stations!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank jimmypop
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We only stayed one night at the Green Valley Ranch, because we were meeting someone in the area. After our meeting we moved to a hotel on the strip. I wish we had stayed at Green Valley as the room and location was much more comfortable. I felt that the casino was expensive and wasn't overly impressed with the food that was offered, but the hotel itself was beautiful. My husband and I enjoyed just walking around the hotel grounds. We sat outside for quite awhile and enjoyed the fact that you could hardly tell we were in Vegas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mgtg23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand
#13 of 266 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 11,252 reviews
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#9 of 266 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 13,993 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!