“Very nice”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed September 22, 2012

You are about a 15/20min car journey from the Strip, so don't choose if you want your typical vegas hotel

Massive hotel, layout very confusing,

very good value for money compare to the prices on the strip

food/drink always available

staff friendly

room a little old fashioned but good shower and comfortable bed.

our room had a view of the car park, not great,,, if you can get a room with a view of the pool (or strip in the distance then all the better)

security good and lots of staff available to help.

free towels at the swimming pool area , which was nice although the drinks waitress seem to be there to strut their stuff rather than get drinks for you! there are areas were mist is sprayed which is great in the 40+ degree heat we were in!

not a lot to do in the immediate area, only thing is the hotel spa which was very expensive!

There are newer reviews for Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Green Valley Ranch and Resort is a nice property, except for the West Tower, which smells bad, and needs cleaning/updating to say the least. The contrast is striking as the lobby and public areas are very well appointed, immaculate and clean. The pools are great, the spa pool is especially nice, private almost, and enough room to swim laps if no one else is using it. Fitness center is huge, lots of new Precor equipment.

We were impressed by it all except the West Tower, which is where our room was. The smell reminded me of public restroom that had not been cleaned well, carpet on the hallway was stained, unclean and worn. Smell was not overwhelming, just lingering and annoying. Our room was much the same. Air conditioner and commode did not work properly, view of front entrance canopy, complete with huge pieces of debris. We did not ask to be moved to a different room because we feared ending up with worse as we had already paid for the four days and the trip was non refundable.

The room did have a great bed, premium bedding and pillows, towels not so great, but plentiful, loved the scented spa soap. Average food at the buffet, think a lot of it was precooked and packaged, not worth the $40 because we don't eat that much. Closes at 9:00 and the night we were there at 8:00 almost everything was overcooked and not being freshened. So if you don't get there between 5 and 7, best to eat elsewhere. Opens late as well, 8:00 a.m. for breakfast, long after we have left for the day.

I would stay at this resort again, have a lot more exploring of national parks in and around the Las Vegas area, including Utah and the airfare is cheaper to Vegas than elsewhere. Just won't allow them to put us in the West Tower. If enough people complain perhaps they will get the message and clean/renovate it.

Room Tip: Stay out of the West Tower and away from the front entrance, very busy and very noisy.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Despite some mixed reviews, I tried this as an alternative to the full strip experience. While still large, it feels warm and friendly. I really thought the staff had been coached well and were nearly without exception very helpful. The room was nice size and well appointed, I don't need marble or granite everywhere. I agree with the reviewer who said the mattress was too soft and the towels in the room seemed a bit tired. I REALLY liked the fact that you can swim laps in the spa pool anytime after 6:00 am, something most Vegas hotels don't offer since their pools don't open until 9:00 or later.
One gripe - while they charge and tax the $25 resort fee (they all do), they still billed me $15 for internet access when I used the in room checkout. The front desk took it off but that made another stop necessary. Shouldn't happen.
I liked the option of grabbing a small meal n the food court and the big restaurants are there if you want them but there are alternatives. All in all, a pleasant comfortable alternative to the strip experience.

Room Tip: The strip views are preferred, I didn't have one but would request one next time.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We Just got back from another great trip to the GVR. I have reviewed this place in the past, but the level of service is so high it needs another pat on the back.

It started great with the front desk at check in, I requested a feather free room upon my arrival and it was ready just 40 minutes later. The rooms are really high standard. Luxury is all around. My wife considers this her favorite hotel.

It is also located next to an area called The District with some nice shops and a few nice resturants. Sometimes it is nice just for a chnage of scenery.

Every employee we met was very helpful and went out of their way to be nice and helpful. The spa is excellent, again getting top marks from my wife.

Thanks again GVR

Room Tip: Sign up for their email alerts to get a deal on a room. Also rooms that face the pool are a little...
Reviewed September 19, 2012

GVR ruined our Vegas vacation. A day and a half into our Vegas trip Donna, the night shift manager, informed us that the hotel was over booked and we were to be moved. I explained that we did not wast to move and that my sister had taken ill. I was then told the decision had been made and I had NO Options. When asked if our friend would be moved also? I was told no. When asked if the place we were being moved to was comparable? Donna stated in a snooty tone of course not. We're a resort! They're a hotel! We asked to speak to another manager Donna stated she was the only one there. I toldl Donna I no longer wanted to speak with her and my friends and I walked to the front desk. We ask the concierge to speak with a manager other than Donna and we got Armondo. We explained to Armondo our problem and he preceded to tell us that they over book all the time and that he was standing next to Donna when she spoke to us on the phone. He goes on further to state that they are management and can do whatever they want. He also staes that because we booked with Groupon the we along with people who booked with expedia and travelocity are the first to go. As though we were second class citizens. We attemped to call Christy Herrera Director of Hotel Operation. Our call was not returned until we were transferred to the Sunset Station Casino.When speaking to Christy she apologized stating she was just getting wind of the situation. I told her how Donna stated she had been in contact with her last night and had been asked to call us but had not. Christy stated that Donna left her a message stating we were fine with moving and that she had sent a bottle of wine to each room. All of which were LIES! We were suppose to be in a suite but there was nothing sweet about it. There was chipping paint,peeling wallpaper, stained linen, carpets and ceilings! The casino was more like a convalescent home with a bingo hall. I had never seen so many oxygen tanks, hoover rounds , wheelchairs, crutches or canes! The average person appeared to be 60. The average person in our party was 37. Christy did send a car to take my sister to the to the minute clinic. I do thank her for that. The only person worth their salt was Ryalyn Sicolo the morning Assistant Manager. There is way more to this story however I had shorten it so I would not run out of space. Tarissa Stanciel

Room Tip: Choose a Different Resort all together!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Tarissa S
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just returned from 4 nights here. The hotel is lovely with very tastefully appointed rooms. Bathroom is large with separate toilet, shower and large bath. The hotel was apparently booked out but still quiet. Gorgeous pool and day beds, seating areas outside were plentiful and not crowded. The sandy beach part of the pool was great for kids, and kept them "away" from more adult/bar end. Loungers were plentiful.
Our only complaint was the very poor signage on arrival. We literally drove around roads for half an hour trying to find the hotel entrance which is separate from the casino. When we had this discussion with their staff, we were told many people have the same problem as us finding them. Though this made us feel less silly, maybe they need to sort the problem out! The hotel is too nice to be ruined by such a fixable problem.

Room Tip: Stayed in East wing on 6th floor. Other side of wing would have had strip lights view
1  Thank ironfamilyNewZealand
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I checked into this place, I had one poor experience after another. Check in staff not friendly at all. Then, when I arrived in my room, I was met by a messy and obviously uncleared room. (in all my years I've never had this happen.) So, I go all the way back to the front desk to tell the front desk staff what had happened, and they couldn't care less. Sent me on my way with not even N apology.

Next out by the pool, I asked one of the pool attendants if she would locate a lounge chair, and was told to "get it myself." So, now I just want a drink to calm my mood, and the bartender at the pool was a comete jerk.

The grounds are very pretty, and the pool is great for the kids, but don't expect anything close to five star service. They missed the mark BIG TIME.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Esqtodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#51 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!