WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Denver, Colorado
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was a beautiful hotel. The only problem is I felt nickle and dimed. There was a resort fee that we weren't aware of until after we booked. One of my favorite places to gamble is at the bar at one of the high-top machines. The bartenders have stupid rules that they needed to follow to comp your drinks ie you have to always bet max. I have NEVER had a casino do this to me!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my third or fourth stay at GVR. The rooms are quite comfortable, and the staff is friendly. I stayed this time on a promo that offered $75 free slot play and $50 meal credits. I didn't get either. When I asked about the slot play, I was told that I merely needed to swipe my card at a "rewards" kiosk, and it would be added. That didn't happen, and the players club foks in the casino refused to offer any assistance. When I checked with the hotel front desk, I was told that, yes, I was entitled to this, but that the casnio concierge (or VIP rep?--whatever) would have to fix, and he/she wouldn't be back until 8 am next morning. At that point, I decided to quit pursuing. The hotel and pool area are very nice, but if you play in the casino, forget the slots -- tight as drums!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 8May
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent 4 nights in this property ( June 28-July 2). I absolutely loved our room (in the west tower). It very spacious, clean, quiet, nice bed and bath linen, super comfortable bed and pillows (very rare). The bathroom was large with separate bathtub and a corner shower. Everything in the room looked new or very recent. The pool area is a definite highlight. It is large and there was never a lack of space/chairs. The loungers are super comfy and the wait staff service is very good. There could be more umbrellas though as to find a shady spot was a bit of a challenge at times. The fitness centre is very well equipped and has a nice view of a separate lap pool and was never crowded. We had a buffet breakfast ( very good choice and variety of breakfast items) included in our room charge, however we found out that Sunday was an exception because every Sunday there is a " champagne brunch" , i.e unlimited mimosas and therefore the price is higher and not included. I was not informed about this and I found out only by chance when I spoke to the front desk about something unrelated. They were not willing to offer any compensation. The only critique that I have is the wait at the front desk. There seems to be always a line and the wait is long. The wait for buffet breakfast is usually fairly long, however when it is included in your room rate you can skip the line and go through the other lane, which is either empty of very few people in it. There is also a hotel shuttle that operates to/from the airport and to/from the strip. However, we arrived at the new terminal and the shuttle leaves from the main terminal only. We did not know this and therefore missed the shuttle. The taxi from the airport to the hotel is about $40. We also took a shuttle to the strip and it brings you to the Mandalay Bay hotel, which was convenient for us. The last shuttle from the strip leaves at 8:30 PM. The hotel is located close to the small but very nice shopping area with REI, LOFT, Pottery Barn, Panera Bread, Whole Foods, the Cheescake Factory etc. Overall, I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to everyone, especially the families.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ciao050
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went to GVR on July 4th and what a treat! As a previous patron,I expected "quality",and I wasn't disappointed. First,it sprinkled when we disembarked from the plane ,so the weather was perfect for us Chicagoans, who had left a 90ish degrees climate! .I enjoyed the ride from the airport with their own transport.( We were met by a friendly driver.)

The desk staff was friendly and personable.The room was better than I had remembered 5 years ago, so I was pleasantly reminded of the bathroom, which had a separate "water closet" room with a tub AND shower.
My first problem was with the Fourth of July feast. The lines were long,and I expected to get a slab of ribs,corn on the cob,salad and a slice of watermelon,you know, a typical southern or soul food menu. Instead, I able to get a few separate ribs,half a corn on the cob ,salad and watermelon chunks ,like institutionalized food.Anyway, the food tasted"okay".

I REALLY enjoyed the Swedish and Reiki massage treatments! I was SO relaxed when I left the spa,having preceded the massages with a good workout in the fitness room.

Oh, as an an avid shopper, I really liked seeing a couple of my favorite stores in the District. I found good deals at Chico's,Coldwater Creek,REI, And Down East,an H&M- type boutique.
The Fourth of July was a good way to see how the diverse crowd appreciated the fireworks.The display was up "close and personal" which the kids liked.
The second downside of my stay was that when I left early ,on the 6th, I left my battery (not phone) charger still plugged in .When I realized my loss and called GVR immediately,after arriving at my next destination ,the person from housekeeping neglected to call me back(which was BEFORE CHECKOUT time,so the room hadn't been occupied by the next patron).I am still waiting to hear from them,after sending them a follow-up email.

1 Thank PrOInfo
Corona, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a quick weekend trip to Vegas (Henderson, actually) with our two boys. Been to the property before but this was our first time staying there. The property is quite nice with a separate entrance for the hotel and casino. Upon arrival we were quickly greeted by the valet and we entered the hotel. A large group was checking in when we arrived and I was surprised they had to check in with other guests. There should have been a separate check-in area for them because we waited over 30 minutes in line to check in. After checking in we were given a room in the east tower. In order to get to the east tower from the front desk one must traverse several corridors with limited signage ( few signs make for a more quaint image, I suppose ) and take two separate elevators. Upon entering our room we found it to be quite nice except for the trash in the waste basket and the rolled up pair of pantyhose in the closet. The room was large and comfortable with great and rather quiet air conditioning. The web site states that wifi is included with the resort fee but whe I tried to connect it only showed two choices for slow and "faster" wifi both of which required a fee. I called the front desk and was told I could connect one device to the slower connection and would not be charged. My wife and kids have their own "devices" so I had to create an ad-hoc network with my laptop so we could share one connection. The $15 Internet fee still showed up on the bill at checkout and I had to call to have it removed. Also, the tv in the room was not HD.

We spent of the weekend at the pool. The pool is very nice with a sand-bottom shallow end and the water temperature was perfect. There were kids carelessly jumping into the crowded pol but the "lifeguards" are more focused on socializing and their tan lines to enforce the clearly posted "No Diving" signs. The waitresses were awesome and kept the overpriced drinks flowing. The food was also excellent, although pricey.

We ate breakfast one morning in the cafe which at one time was a franchise of the Original Pancake House. The food and service was much better as the Pancake House. Now it's just another hotel cafe with typical fare at hotel prices.

Overall we had a great weekend. The hotel tries to be a first class property, but it's just another Station Casino with fancier wallpaper.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank B0OGIE
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Initially found this place on Living Social but, booked directly as they were not able to accommodate the LS room for our dates (same price was honored). Resort is located about 10 miles from the strip. I really appreciated being away from the craziness.
Rooms were very clean and surprisingly large and spacious. Beds were somewhat comfy. All linens very nice (bed and bath). Loved the large bathroom.
Pool area very large and though there were a large number of children I didn't seem to sense them due to the size of the pool/lounge area. They have a really cute sand bottom pool, thats where all the children were gathered and many building sand castles. :o). There is an adults only pool but, I didn't go into that area.
Restaurants, our room package included the breakfast buffet but, I didn't get an opportunity to eat there both mornings. The line to get into the buffet was ridiculously long even though there were a number of empty tables. Both mornings we waited about 30 min and we barely moved in line. Really bad planning on the part of the hotel and restaurant management. You have the empty tables with lines of people waiting to occupy them, make them available and put on a bit more staff for the busy hours!
One our first morning, after waiting in line and getting nowhere very slowly we went to the Grand Café. What a huge disappointment. My friends Corned beef hash just so so. I ordered eggs, sausage and waffle. My waffle and sausage were room temp only hot item on my dish were my eggs. These items must be made up ahead of time and placed under a heat lamp for later use! The charge for my meal was taken off the bill. On our 2nd night we went into Hanks for drinks, atmosphere was very nice and bartender was very good - she made a great mojito. Also had live music which was very good.
All in all I enjoyed the resort and would recommend it to others.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed in the Geneva Suite - huge living room dining room 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms. The casino was first class all the way. Service in the casino, the restaurants, and the hotel were first class.

Room Tip: Look to upgrade online. We upgraded to the suite life package and ended up with the Geneva Suite.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 16,560 reviews
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 26 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,181 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!