2,337 results
All reviews east tower off the strip pizza rock pool area sand beach food court resort fee whole foods movie theater las vegas shopping area beautiful resort bell desk station casinos mandalay bay feast buffet business conference
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Green Valley Ranch Station in August of this year and were very impressed with the room, the Casino and the friendliness of the staff there. I had gambled and eaten there before but I had never actually stayed there. I am happy to report that the hotel was nicer than I had expected (and I expected a nice place). I don't know if I got a larger than usual room but it was very roomy with a large, clean and modern bathroom. (That's important, by the way!)
As with most Station casinos, the buffet was above average and very nicely priced. The Food Court, where we ate once, had every kind of choice that you could want: Fatburger, Panda Express, coffee place, and chicken and sub shops. My wife had an early-morning meal at The Original Pancake House and liked that also.
The pool is very nice and has lots of deck chairs, which always seems to be a problem at some other casinos. There is also a separate area for younger kids and families. There is a bar that wasn't open when we were there and the Spa is located right there also. I didn't try either of those last two choices so I can't report on them.
I was hesitant to stay so far off the Strip but the casino is really just a short drive from there with easy-on, easy-off highway entrances and exits so the hotel is actually only about 10 minutes from the Strip. But what a difference those 10 minutes make as far as peace and quiet goes! The Green Valley Ranch Station has everything that you could ask for in a Strip casino: a large floor with lots of gambling choices, a great buffet and Food Court, a very nice pool and a quiet and clean hotel! But what it had that a Strip hotel doesn't have is peace and quiet and a much less hectic pace. My wife especially liked the fact that there weren't masses of people ebbing and flowing around her as she moved through the casino and enjoyed the gambling action. There were a lot of people at the casino as it is a popular one but the floor was big enough that there was still plenty of room to move around. And within walking distance from the hotel there is a pedestrian "lifestyle center"-type shopping area also. I didn't walk through there this trip but it had all of the national chains that one would expect to be there.
The one thing that I liked the most about the hotel and casino is the friendliness of the staff. They were always friendly and helpful, even at 3 am when I realized that I left my hotel key in my room and I couldn't get through the security doors to knock on my own door and have my wife let me in. At the hotel desk (after I proved who I was) they cheerfully made me another key so I wouldn't have to wake up my wife. Even at 3 am the staff was friendly and cheerful!
I have recommended this hotel and casino to others since I have been home and I don't hesitate to recommend it to the readers of Tripadvisor also. Give it a try!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaintPaulPete
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I looked at a lot of Hotels on the strip and read the reviews, there were a lot of "Party Places" but I wanted a relaxing vacation. Green Vally Ranch and Spa was that and more. The Service was outstanding from check-in to check-out. The pool is wonderfull , it even has a "sand beach" were the kids of all ages can build sand castles and have fun. The Place is Big, so you can get a good walk-a-bout as my Aussie Friends say The casino is also Big and the choice of where to eat is also Great. From the $4.50 buffet breakfast to the Food Court and Beyond there is something for every tase and budget. Bottom line I will be back.

v/r
PC1 Dominic J. Mc Glade, U.S.Navy ( Retired )

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have stayed all along the strip from TheHotel Mandalay Bay to Wynn and found Green Valley to be a refreshing alternative. The elegant but laid back feel was complimented by the friendly staff. The pool areas are decked out in high tech Cabana's with separate pool (150.00 weekdays from 10-6pm) and the main pool has a sandy beach at one end to the delight of the little swimmers. The food choices by the pool were extensive and reasonable. The Cobb Salad was my favorite and large enough portions to share.
The Casino is of course smaller then any on the strip however I liked that as we gamble very little while vacationing but did pull 300.00 on a dollar slot machine and then lost a little back playing black jack. My husband enjoyed the sports betting area particularly on Sunday when they had every game playing as well as beer and hot dogs for $1.
The dining ranged from buffet to fine dining on property. My favorite was Tides and the Halibut was perfect. Right outside the casino is the District which had Rachel's where on Sunday we had a great breakfast with Mimosa's and live music and Lucille's a tasty BBQ place. There also is shopping in the District so if you don't feel like Prada and Gucci you will find more reasonable shops in this area.
The Spa was the best for me and I wish I had gone there on the first day instead of the last. They have a private couples jacuzzi, steam rooms, sauna, rain showers, a private area to order food and eat in front of the fireplace all included in your resort fee. Of course my facial with Elaine was amazing. Full Spa menu and full salon all on site. You would not have to leave the property to have a great vacation.
We did go into the strip on the free shuttle which also picks you up at the airport. Call ahead to get the schedule so you can coordinate times as a cab will cost you 35.00. That would be my only suggestion is they run a shuttle back from the strip at 10 instead of 8:30 as the 7 pm shows get out at 8:30 pm. They have several bars back at the property however the younger set may still feel compelled to go in and pay the 30-60 cover many of the night clubs are charging.

Room Tip: We were in East Tower facing the District but just on the back side of the pool. We were offered pool side for a little extra however there was a beer fest event at the pool that evening so we took the quieter side but still had quick access to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed at the Green Valley Ranch over Labor Day weekend and it was our first time at the resort. We were very impressed and pleased with everything during our stay. Can't say a bad thing about the resort. Have been to Las Vegas over 25 times and stayed at many Resorts, Green Valley ranks up there with the best of them. Would stay her again, you can't go wrong staying here. Perfect hotel, thanks again to the staff for making it a memorable stay.

Buffalo, NY

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Beautiful resort that's not on the strip, but only a few miles away. The staff is unbelievably nice. They say they cater to locals, but I felt extremely welcome and appreciated as a visitor too. Facilities (pools, spa, fitness center, restaurants and casino) are lovely. Rooms are big and very comfortable. There's a free shuttle between the resort and airport, as well as to Mandalay Bay, if you want to experience the strip. Even the buffet restaurant in the casino is inexpensive and high quality. I would come back to the Green Valley Ranch in a minute!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business