“Return trip”
Review of Bernard's Bistro - CLOSED

Bernard's Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The menu is California/European with a heavy French influence also modestly priced items and generous portions - all served with the "Finest and Freshest Ingredients along with Chef Bernard's signature personal touch.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We love Lake Las Vegas and stumbled upon Bernard's 3 years ago and loved it! We ate inside and found it to be comfortable and interesting. From the decor, the formal dress and professional attitude of the waiters, we expected higher prices. The menu is unique and interesting. The food was excellent! My husband is a fussy eater and doesn't eat many vegetables, but he loved his loved his lunch as did I enjoyed mine. We returned this trip to Las Vegas and were able to eat on the patio and had the same pleasure. My husband had the quiche and found it excellent. The salad served with it would have been a full meal for me. The waiter misunderstood me and brought me the beef salad instead of the beef sandwich. I didn't tell him because it looked so good and it was interesting and delicious. I only wish Bernard's Bistro was in my hometown so we could enjoy it more often.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food and service. Loved the pistachio crusted salmon. Would love to go back. Tucked in a little Italian village by the lake.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Got seated quickly, drink order in and the bread was quick to arrive. Ordered the Rack of lamb not sure what the wife ordered. The Onion soup and crab cake appetizers arrived and were quickly consumed. Mmm good... Rack of Lamb was cooked to perfection We will return again. Highly recommend to all..

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked 4 days at a Lake Las Vegas property as a home base for nearby activities. We took the advice of our resort bartender and walked down to the village at the lake to allow the Chef/Owner of Bernard's Bistro Bernard Tordjman, a native of Versailles, France, to prepare a meal for us. Our first impression was . . . . well . . . . impressive! The Titanic theme was done right, and the Bistro featured a piano bar and patio dining. In fact, we feared right away that we may be in over our head as far as menu prices. Not so!! This is no Applebee's to be sure, however the price point for the cuisine was more than fair. The service was anything but stuffy or inattentive. The staff treated us like old friends.

There was a modest wait for the main course which was rendered insignificant as the artistically presented plates arrived. I enjoyed the Herb Crusted Rack Of Lamb In Rosemary Brandy Sauce served With Garlic Mashed Potatoes And Seasonal Vegetables. Fantastic!! She ordered the Provencal Seafood in Lobster Creole sauce with Shrimp, Scallops, Calamari, Mussels and Lobster Ravioli. Shut the front door, this food was absolutely epic!! In fact, we came back the next evening after a day at the races, ready for more. We hardly ever do that with so many choices available while traveling.

The second night we ordered the Pistachio Crusted Salmon in Lavender Sauce
Served with Pesto Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables. The sauce was delightful, and the fish prepared perfectly. What a unique and palate pleasing offering that you just don't find on top of every white table cloth! Coffee and Tiramisu finished off our second evening here with a promise of more good things to come later back in our room!

I cannot understand the one bad review down the list here as both evenings spent at Bernard's Bistro were satisfying in every way. I suppose one off night can happen, however we could not report even one flaw. I don't think that this review could entice someone to make a trip all the way out to Henderson from the Las Vegas Strip, but if you are up for old world elegance instead of just another buffett, this is the eatery for you.

1  Thank RedRockSunrise
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very quaint. The flavors of the main courses and desserts were all fabulous- it is a little pricey but seems to fit with prices in Lake Las Vegas as a whole and gives some great options. My friends said the lamb was cooked perfectly, the soups were great as well. They offer indoor and outdoor seating and service was good.