“Pizza ordering experience. Interesting”
Review of Papa John's

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Ok, so it is not a restaurant. Friday night. Wife and I did not wish to cook or go out because we had to work the next day. AHA! Pizza!! There is a commercial on TV for Papa John's. We can have it delivered. So I dissappear to the study to "order on-line." Half an hour later I am still trying to complete the order. The ad says "ANY large pizza - 11 bucks. So why does my checkout cart say 26 bucks for a Double Pepperoni with extra cheese? I call the pizza store and the young man answers, "thamnkyouforcalipapajohwouyoulitoordalargpizzafoelevdollars?" Elapsed time for this announcement was about three seconds. I know because I asked him to repeat it and it was the same speed and I timed it. By now, wife is getting cranky because it is time to start for bed. She calls Papa J and places the order for pick up. It is 11 bucks plus a couple more for the extra cheese. I enter the store and am greeted by a nice looking young man who is probably the one who answered the phone. "HiweltoPapajoareyouheretopickup?" Either I spent too much time sitting too close to the speakers at rock concerts or this kid just had oral surgery. I gave him my name, he hands me the pizza. I open the box and the ring of dough around the rim of the pie looks like an old fashioned white wall tire. Between an inch and three inches of crust circling the pie with the normal amount of pepperoni. I asked if this was a Double Pepperoni and he replied that it was. "You mean a regular Pepperoni is HALF this?" To which he offered to make a new pie. While waiting for the new pizza I had the opportunity of watching the crew in action. A couple dozen pizzamakers at work. They were pounding and stretching dough and adding the sauce and stuff. In the center of the store was a small waste basket. Same size as sits under my desk. As wrappers and box lids were torn off they were thrown in the direction of the waste basket. Since the basket was full, all the trash was landing on top of or near the basket. I counted several boxes and four large sheets of waxed paper and a 30 inch long, 2 inch wide piece of heavy plastic from a topping can lid that was thrown into the mix. During the 20 minutes I stood watching and waiting for someone to slide on the waxed paper, nearly all the crew stepped over or turned sideways to walk past the rubble and no one seemed to notice, move it, or pick it up. Interesting.
The second pizza had a much smaller whitewall and was pretty good.

1  Thank MoviemakerLasVegas