“Unimpressed, took 5 hours to play 9 holes!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wildhorse Golf Club

Wildhorse Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This championship layout offers 18 holes of adventure thorough hundreds of trees, shimmering water hazards and greens flanked by strategic bunkering.
Las Vegas, NV
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Unimpressed, took 5 hours to play 9 holes!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

I played this course because I had a 'groupon' and wanted to try a course in Henderson for a change. The staff was very polite and friendly, however, neglected to inform me when I called ahead that day to schedule my outings that there would be a 5-15 minute wait per hole due to the amount of people playing. I had called ahead to book a tee time and was told that anytime after noon it would be easy to get on. When I arrived, I was told there would be an hour wait. Once I was on, (and there was no option to play solo or with your own group) they put us in with another twosome) It ended up taking 5 hours to play 9 holes due to the wait at each hole! We never got to play the second nine, by the time we got to hole #9 it was getting dark and cold. The staff did'nt even bother to apologize or offer a refund or future tee time for the second nine. There were several groups that were upset and complaining. I think at least one group got a refund, but the line was so long and it was such a miserable wait, it just wasn't worth it. The greens were poorly maintained, ragged, and the water holes were very neglected. The water features/'fountains' were suspeneded on each side by rope and the water had a horrendous, fould, sewage odor that could be smelled some distance away. I would'nt call this a horrible course but definitely did not live up to the hype. The layout is actually very nice and challenging. For a municipal course at a reduced rate, it would have been a decent round, however, the speed of play made it impossible to enjoy. I will add that the highlight of our game was chatting with the marshall. He was extremely friendly, jovial, and kept us from pulling our hair out during the long waits!

Visited February 2011

Henderson, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great locals choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I' ve played here for 3 years course improves each time. City is doing a great job Played yesterday and was provided a free lunch (Pro said lunch included all summer long. great burgers) Front 9 is sporty 9th hole a tiger. Back 9 some long tough holes but fair and you don't feel like you're playing down a street, holes aren't lined with house on each side

3 Thank NVKeithFr
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Course!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

What a great experience! Came to Las Vegas for a vacation last month and had the pleasure of golfing around town. We played a few courses that were ok but a little over priced for what they offer. We played Wildhorse last and my only regret was that we didn't play it first... we would have gone back and played it again! From the minute we arrived we had someone waiting to take our clubs, the Pro Shop staff was very helpful, the Snack Bar & Beverage Cart attendant couldn't have been friendlier and the course was in great shape! We ended the round with lunch and a beer in the restaurant. The food was excellent and the views were amazing. We were shocked that this was a Municipal Golf Course. We come to Vegas every year but this was our first golfing excursion. We will definately be back next year and look forward playing all our rounds at Wildhorse!

3 Thank lena56ny
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wildhorse look elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

Paid 108 dollars, locals pay 38. You should know this is a municipal course run by the city of Henderson. People are nice, but if you are from out of town you are being ripped off. The course is not in great shape. Fairways have many dry patches with the desert sand peeking up through in many places. Sand traps are concrete and the greens are ragged. In short, all the foibles of of your local muni are here. While you may be able to overlook these problems on your own local muni, they are hard to overlook when you've paid over 100 dollars. Don't do it.

1 Thank seattleguy60
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WIldhorse--awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2008

OK, this course is absolutely awful. Firstly, if you have a handicap under 45, you will have to play from the back tees, which is no fun. The tee boxes aren't marked in any way. So it takes you at least 30 seconds to find it. And then you just put your tee anywhere you want because there are no markers. The fairways are not in good shape--lots of brown spots. The greens are in bad shape too--putts don't roll true. The course itself is extremely crowded with each hole squashed next to another. The sod is extremely thin with some kind of gravel underneath it so you can't even push your tee all the way down for iron tee shots. Landscaping is minimal.

Golf is normally a peaceful, quiet even surrounded by lush luxurious greenery.

My experience at wildhorse was anything but that.

For $85, goto the Legacy. And if you have a car, drive 45 min to mountain falls (WORTH IT!!). Honestly, forget wildhorse.

1 Thank mrzinwin