“Once in a lifetime experience!”
Review of Sky Combat Ace

Sky Combat Ace
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Viator Exclusive: Fighter Pilot Experience in Las...
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in the desert playground of Las Vegas, Nevada, Sky Combat Ace(SCA) provides a different level of adrenaline. At SCA, you’re not just a passenger on a joy ride, You are a steely-eyed fighter pilot at the controls of your very own “fighter jet”, pulling Gs and squeezing the trigger. Of course, we teach you everything you need to know about Basic Fighter Maneuvers (BFM) before you fly, so you have all the knowledge needed to successfully own the skies. We have a cadre of highly experienced pilot flight instructors with civilian and military backgrounds that have extensive experience in training aerobatics, basic fighter maneuvers (BFM), and formation training. Our civilian trained aerobatic instructors have over 20,000 hours of instruction given and our combat veterans that have flown everything from the F-15 “Eagle” to the F-16 “Viper” to the A-10 “Warthog.” A typical mission profile includes in-processing at the Squadron where customers are fitted with their own flight suit, followed by a briefing on basic fighter maneuvers. After that, we strap you in our brand new state-of-the-art, +10g/-10g, fully aerobatic Extra 330LC and our wingmen are thrust into the ultimate aerobatic thrill ride or dog fight. With a qualified Certified Flight Instructor in back, wingmen are taught the art of aerobatics and/or aerial combat. Complete with high-g maneuvering, all the aerobatics you can handle, military style training maneuvers, and actual head to head dogfighting. The whole experience is caught on video by one of our 4 mounted cameras, perfect for immortalizing our wingman’s first “kill” in a DVD. SCA utilizes all of the latest technology to give the wingman the most realistic simulation possible, including a gun reticle, an electronic targeting system that triggers “smoke on”, and complete visual coverage from 4 different angles. After several engagements, the 2-ship returns to base with the Las Vegas Strip as an unforgettable backdrop. Once our wingmen return from their adventure, they get to truly appreciate our meticulously rennovated hangar that celebrates the history of combat aviation with colorful murals, scale models and of course, decorated with our fleet of high performance aircraft. Once settled in, flight leads and wingmen swap stories, play pool, shoot darts and share the special camaraderie that only exists between pilots after a successful mission. …Fight’s On!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My boyfriend is a pilot & booked this, since he'll probably never get the chance to actually fly this way again! He rode with Stroke, who was amazing at giving him clear instructions, letting him fly on his own, & doing a great job talking & switching camera for the video ($200, raw footage).
They broke free from the other planes to do more stunts on their own, which my boyfriend appreciated. He got a little queazy after flying inverted & breathing engine fumes, but kept his cool the whole flight. He wants to go back again!
I was allowed to go outside & take pics of the planes & him standing in front of one. Maybe that's because he bought the photo package? No one said anything about NOT taking photos.
The hanger is setup like a night club: leather sofas, dark, party lights on the ceiling, loud club music playing, popcorn....It's comfy to wait in while your plane is getting ready or while you're waiting for friends to return from their flight.

1  Thank Cindy U
"post flight"
"pre flight briefing"
"amazing pilot"

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a great experience. I was picked up on time from my hotel with a friendly driver. The briefing was excellent and very informative."Flash" was my pilot. I felt very safe in the plane especially with the parachute. Got to fly and do maneuvers. I did good till i did one too many hammerheads then my stomach got to me. The pilot kept asking how I was doing during the entire flight and he was very helpful. We did nothing i was not comfortable with. Ashley did a excellent job with the video and the pictures came out good as well. Had a great time.

1  Thank OUTLAW40314
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I purchased the Top Gun package and it was truly an Amazing experience. Everyone needs to experience this type of flying. A once in a life time experience, however, I'll probably do it again when my boys are a little older when we can dogfight! The staff at SCA are the best. My pilot "Hollywood"....Ashley (in charge of photos/videos)...our driver who picked us up and dropped us off and everybody else were superb and professional. They helped to make this experience unforgettable. Do something different. When in Vegas...fly SCA!

1  Thank hydrofiner
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife got me Top Gun experience as surprise 50th birthday gift. What a gift.

From hotel pick-up to returning to the hotel the set-up is 10 out of 10.

My pilot was "Stroke' and he was excellent. The safety briefing put me (and my wife!) at ease. He ran through what would happen during the flight and covered off the safety aspects.

My fears (yes I had many) dissapeared as soon as I was strapped in the plane. The next 40 minutes flew by (sorry for the pun) with numerous acrobatic stunts, low level flying and best of all being allowed to take the controls for a few turns. With a clear blue sky, Vegas in the background and such a professional outfit it was a winner.

If you want to do something amazing THIS has to be the Vegas number ONE.

1  Thank Jill1056
See more reviews
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have to agree with Ian R and his review. When my BF read about the oportunity to fly these planes there was no going back, it was a must on our trip to Vegas. To get things started on the day we were picked up at our hotel by their shuttle driver who reeked of alcohol, upon SAFE arrival at the facilities my bf recieved a small instruction and was then taken to the plane. He was debating weather to purchase the video or not due to the high prices (i suggested he decide upon landing if he wanted to purchase it or not, like you do on rides and stuff etc...) after all you are already droping $1000 on the flight then they charge you $200 for the raw footage of the video.

We are finally taken out to the plane and while my guy is getting ready to board the plane I am forbidden from taking any photos, which basically means if you dont pay the $200 your not taking home any memories. Not theirs and not yours. You dont even have a photo package for a lower price than $200. So we finally agreed to pay for the video, since I'm a graphic designer I figured I would edit the video for him, I go on to take pictures, suddenly the girl who takes the photos is furious because we havent paid for the video package... My guy is on the plane and I explain to them that we haven't even paid for the flight (no one even asked us to pay up front) we just assumed its done after the flight. Aparently not, they charged the flight the night before on our credit card without any notice. We thougth they needed it to hold our booking or in case of canceling. I explained to her that as soon as he takes off I would go inside and pay, so as to not delay them. After all I was staying on the ground. What surprised me the most was the answer she gave me, she said that we must pay NOW because we might run off without paying for our videos!!!!! Seriously??? I just layed down $1000 for a flight, my guy is in the plane about to take-off, I'll be sitting in their lounge for the next 45min and We'll be going back to our hotel with their drunk shuttle driver and you think im going to run off without paying you for the video!!!!!!!

My guy had to get out of the plane go inside and pay, so that I could continue to take photos!!!! My guy enjoyed the flight very much, its a once in a lifetime experience but the terrible customer service really takes away from the entire thing, had it been me I would have walked away before even flying. Afterwards the same smelly driver drove us back to our hotel!!! A few days later we recieved our Raw video, the audio is awful you can't understand anything that is spoken and every time the pilot comunicates with the other plane there is video interference. Which means they should probably check their equipment!!! I would suggest you try this with any other company out there, this one will say and do anything to sell and then afterwards they will give you the worst customer service and probably even charge you to use the bathroom!!! Good luck if you decide to fly with SCA!

*The guy who drove the golf cart was really nice and friendly!

8  Thank Mns1020