“Worth every penny”
Review of Vegas 500 Air Tours - CLOSED

Vegas 500 Air Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Vegas500 Air Tours is the premiere Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam Air Tours company. We offer a range of tour destinations in multiple levels of luxury. Weather you’re in the mood for a pleasant relaxing night tour over the Hoover Dam, or a full day of exploring the Grand Canyon in all it’s natural beauty, we have the perfect tour to maximize your enjoyment.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a great deal. We had a short wait to be briefed on our upcoming experience. The pilots were fun and knowledgeable, and included us in all the exciting tricks. I would recommend it to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Vegas 500 Air Tours

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I understand 4 trips a day are possible. 2 morning flights (7am and 8.30) and 2 afternoon flights.

We booked the morning flight on the web as we were told this was the smoothest air. When we rang the carrier to confirm 3 days before we were due to fly we were told we were scheduled on the 7am flight.

However, due to the age of the children we did not want the 5.30 am collection. The company (SCA) were amazing and accommodated our request without question. I guess the moral of the story is to specify the preferred flight time upon booking (if possible of course)

We arrived at the airport 25minutes from the Venetian Hotel, booked in and within 15 minutes we were off.

smoothy flight on a fixed wing aircraft with amazing views. configuration of seating was a one - one so everybody gets the view and as the wings are above the fuselage it is a wonderful experience.

Upon landing we were transferred to a helicopter for a trip down to the raft. The raft trip was very special as we were down there before the rush happens. The boat powers up a mile and then you drift back. Very cool both in terms of temperature and the experience.

Helicopter straight back up and then wait 5mins for a bus to the skywalk and then bus to lunch at Guano point.

flight comes back approx 1pm and while a little less smooth it was no way a problem.

We are told the busses from Vegas get there approx 10 - 11am so it does get busy but I guess taking AM or PM flights does avoid the rush.

The pilots (plane, helicopter and boat) were all fantastic and enhanced the experience immeasurably.

Well worth the money if you can go the extra bit and do the Helicopter and raft.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Everything was perfect. Very proffesional, and we felt very taking care of at all times. We got a meal in the Canyon, which was actually very good , and with a view to die for :-) We had the tour with a plane ride, helicopter, and boat ride. And everything was very good. Thank you!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I did extensive research on which company I should join for Air-ground tour to Grand Canyon west rim. I've called Grand Canyon airline and Scenic airline and eventually choose Vegas 500 tour. The main reason I choose Vegas 500 tour because of the small 9 passengers flight which guaranteed everyone gets a window seat while other airlines do not. I think I made a great choice as the whole travel experience is wonderful! The whole tour runs very smoothly from picking me up at the hotel, waiting for the plane at the airport, got plenty of time (3+hours) to explore the Grand Canyon and return back to hotel on-time. I got upgraded to co-pilot seat which is truly awesome experience. It's breath-taking by viewing grand canyon from the plane. Highly recommended this tour. Another advise is to choose morning flight, you have to go to Grand Canyon before all other crowds and bus tours arrive. The lunch is so-so but that's ok...as I don't expect that there is 5 star restaurant operating at Canyon anyway. The extra $100 money spent on air tour worth every penny, which saves me for at least 5 hours on travel time compared to bus tour.

1  Thank Piyo C
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Horrible trip – we were sold this trip by a representative in the hotel where we were staying – she told us the trip we booked allowed for the longest time on the ground to explore and walk around. We flew from Henderson by plane to the canyon; a helicopter took us to the bottom, pontoon boat on the river and flew out by helicopter, bus to late lunch, bus back to shop and flight home. We spent the majority of our time waiting on helicopters, as they did not have enough to keep up with the crowds. We had a total of about 45 minutes to eat and walk around, before we had to leave. We did not receive what we were promised or paid for; this trip was to celebrate my daughters 13th birthday in September. I wrote to the company and they have not responded – certainly not good customer service.

3  Thank Jackie V