“Not impressed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went there with my family while visiting on vacation. After waiting a really long time for a table the service was extremely slow. Then I ordered the Prime Rib which I had been craving for a couple of days. I ordered it Med-Rare which is the most a Prime Rib should ever be served. The food took forever to be served. When it finally came out I cut into my steak and it was almost shoe leather. It was easily Well Done. I told the waitress and she at first argued with me and said "no that is what med-rare prime rib looks like." I asked to speak with her manager. When the manager came out he also tried to argue with me and tried to tell me that Prime Rib is always served on the more well cooked side. At that point, I told him that I used to work professionally as a chef (which is true) and that I am still a chef, and I knew full well that what he was saying was a pant load. He then weakly apologized and offered to get me another steak, but by that point everyone else at the table was half done with their meals.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I unfavorably reviewed The Claim Jumper a few months ago. We gave it another chance last week and were WOWed by server, Rene. There were a couple snags in the delivery of our order and not at all her fault. She should be the Poster Child for Great Service at this restaurant chain. We will be back.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I like the planked salmon and tend to order it every time I visit. My husband has a different dish each time and it is one of his favorite places both for drinks and dinner. He frequently meets business associates at the restaurant as it is easily accessible from the interstate.

1  Thank jojobo69
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Ordered a Lemon Drop Martini -tasted like a really delicious lemonade, however I ordered a martini and expected alcohol to be in the drink. I told the server that I thought the bartender must have forgot to put in the alcohol, so he took it back and returned with a drink that tasted exactly the same. He asked how it was and I told him it was the same. "Well it's a happy hour drink" (indicating that because it was happy hour they didn't put in the proper amount of alcohol.) Wrong way to do business. If it were my restaurant, I would want the food and drinks to be served as good a quality as any other time of day or night so that I could expect return business. Most people don't visit restaurants only at happy hour, so it only makes sense that drinks should be made properly. Customers have a lot of restaurant choices in this town. Why should I go back to this Claim Jumper?

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Huge portions, fresh tasty food. good service. They also have some very good deserts.