“Sweet Deal”

Black Mountain Golf & Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A semi-private golf and country club, this full service facility boasts 18 holes of world-class golf, comprehensive practice center, golf shop and clubhouse complete with restaurant and bar.
Las Vegas, NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweet Deal”
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Was in Vegas for a short visit and wanted get in a round of golf. I asked a friend who lives there and he suggested Black Mountain, as he had not ever played there also.
We checked the "tripadvisor" for any comments and was surprised to see one comment that wasn’t very positive, but we went anyway. What a great golf course! The course was in great shape and the service was fantastic. Also, don’t forget to try the “club sandwich” in the lounge…..it will knock your socks off!! I will stop back there again whenever I am in Vegas.

Iowa
“A Worthwhile visit and great value”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We were looking for a moderately priced round of golf and ended up at Black Mountain.
What a surprise for us to see what a beautiful course it is with quick and well-maintained greens. I understand that they have taken out over 50 acres of turf to become more eco-friendly. This doesn't detract at all, but actually enhances the beauty of the course. It's nice to see a course that is concerned with the environment. This is worth your visit. We give it a five star rating since value to price is difficult to match anywhere. Keep up the great work, Black Mountain staff!

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not overly impressed”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Came out to Vegas last month on a Golf vacation and this was one of the first courses we visited. To be honest, it was ok. 27 holes was a plus but after the first 9 I could have skipped playing the rest. The course conditions weren't that great for the price we paid and the overall experience was mediocre. The staff was friendly but didn't seem to go out of their way to be helpful. Not sure if it's because we were from out of town and they seem to be more interested in their members? That's just the feeling we got. We felt rushed while playing by the group behind us (which we believe were members since they had their own Golf carts) and we were not slowing down play at all. The Beverage Cart Attendant was very friendly but we skipped lunch in the restaurant afterwords. Didn't really feel the need to stay there any longer then we already had. We plan on returning to Vegas next year but I don't see us booking another tee time here.

1 Thank lena56ny
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Overated and overpriced”
Reviewed December 16, 2006

We golfed Silverstone the day before. Had a great time there. Showed up at 10 am for a 12 noon tee time. Really twilight rates. Unlike Silverstone getting us out early and not extracting more cash they wanted an extra $25 per person for a total of $75 per round pp. That would have been fine if the course was awesome. It was not. They should fire the greenskeeper. The first nine I believe was on Desert and the fairways where it was overseeded was not done well. Many times hitting on dead grass in the middle of the fairway. The second nine was better I think it was Horizon. But still not up to par. The greens were not good either. Again it falls on the greenskeeper because they looked like no one had ever repaired a divit. Beautiful views but overall a disappointment. At times I felt it seemed like what I would expect from a muni course.

2 Thank kjmorris2023