“Very nice location,...”

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed November 4, 2013

....first I was a littlle shocked about the dark room, the design and the furniture, which looked very used and old - I never saw this with another Westin! But the bed was very comfy and the amenities in the bathroom were nice! We had to wait for about 45 minutes to get a small snack at the bar and after that we received to many beers, which we didn't ordered. We explained all to the waiter and she apologized gently. We couldn't use the pool and other outside amenities, as the weather was very windy and cold. So no rating for that, sorry! The hotel is approx 30 min. away from the blingbling Las Vegas, but we really enjoyed the possibility, to be far but anyway near to all the lights and the nature too. I really can suggest this hotel for a family! At check-out, I asked if I could print one paper from a mail! I tought, that this is possible, as this could be included in the resort fee. But I had to use the business center, where a minimum of 7.50$ has to be paid to use the computer! The print-out of one page costs you another $1 - don't like!
Thanks to the lovely staff from the valet parking! You, guys, make this hotel really special!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your detailed review regarding your recent visit with us. We always appreciate learning how our guests choose to spend their time while with us at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa! We do regret the length of time that you waited to be served at our bar area. We hope any inconveniences that you encountered were minimal during your time here and that you'll have another opportunity to visit and enjoy a dip in our pool!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for a weekend getaway on October 25th, and after reading many reviews, I was skeptical at first about the staff (which seems to be the chief complaint) but I was pleasantly surprised. Front desk was very helpful and made us feel welcome and secure. They were all bright and shiny even though we checked in late (around 10pm or so). We were given a map and directed to our room, and even though there were people behind us we did not feel rushed. Check in was very personalized, as the attitude from the front desk was not a get-in-get-out-get-on-with-it attitude. The lady even offered to help us with show tickets because the concierge was not in at the time. Just so nice! The valet boys were just lovely! Couldn't have been more helpful. Wait staff inside of Ricks was also great. The beds are over the top comfortable! The only problem we encountered was locking ourselves out of our gorgeous lake view room. When trying to get new key cards, the lady at the front desk informed my brother-in-law that they would need photo ID from me to verify that he was allowed to be given access to our room, because his name wasn't listed on the reservation (oops). Some may find this annoying, I however found it comforting. They have high security standards and I appreciate knowing they won't allow just anybody into my hotel room. I will definitely be traveling from California back to this Westin for many future vacations to come!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank alwysonthegogo

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We couldn't be happier to learn that we were able to pleasantly surprise you and exceed your expectations upon arrival. Your kind recognition of our staff members is truly appreciated. While we do regret any inconveniences that your brother-in-law experienced at our front desk, we want you to know that the safety of our guests is always a top priority for us and we do have strict policies in place. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! Nice to get off of the strip. Great paddle board trip. Also hiking and bike paths are awesome in that area. The paddle to the core group were great. Also ziplined! Great romantic place. Fireplaces and fire pits by the lake are a nice touch at night

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

It seems like you enjoyed quite the trip and took advantage of many of our amenities and activities throughout the day and night! Thank you for sharing your Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa experience with us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back for another relaxing experience by the lake.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Decided to stay here with the wife for a long weekend "stay-cation". We chose this property because it is dog-friendly. We have a 2 year old lab/pointer mix.

Property is beautiful and relaxing. We enjoyed our stay. Free parking, rooms are nice and most have a view of Lake Las Vegas.

If new to Vegas, this location is not close to the strip.. it feels quite secluded.

My only complaint is that the front desk always requires a wait, no matter what time of day you come by.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing you and your wife's staycation with us. It was a pleasure to accommodate you both, as well as your lab/pointer mix! We always enjoy learning how our guests spend their time with us and want to thank you for your review. We regret if you experienced a wait at our concierge desk and hope any inconveniences were minimal. We would like another opportunity to welcome you to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We hope you’ll visit us again and bring your lovable dog, too!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you are looking for a "strip experience", then this isn't the resort for you. If you are hoping for a quiet, relaxing, and comfortable stay; book away. We spent five days in the Las Vegas area and the most enjoyable days were spent at the resort. Good food, great drinks, numerous activities, and most of all polite and courteous service.... Relaxation at it's best. We interacted with the staff at the bar, pool-side cafe, restaurant, concierge, and front desk; all were commited to delivering exceptional service. Also, thanks to the lifeguard that explained the best way to go "fast" on the slide. :) Seriously, the staff worked hard to make our stay enjoyable and it showed. Thanks!.......... FYI, make sure your have a vehicle or rent a car. There is lots to see and the trip to the strip is about 30 minutes..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DFW_Texas2013

Thank you for sharing your photos and A+ rating! It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed such an exceptional experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and that our staff could help make your time here so memorable. As you've pointed out, there’s certainly a lot to see! We do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Las Vegas entertainment. Feel free to visit our website to learn more!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Come to this hotel if...

1. You want to get away from the crowds on the strip.
2. You're hosting an event. (The event staff is AMAZING and very accommodating.)
3. You want an extraordinarily comfortable bed. I want to sleep in a Westin bed every night.

Avoid this hotel if...

1. You want attentive and prompt service at the front desk. The front desk is woefully understaffed. The few employees they have appear exhausted and indifferent to customers. I was not told about the resort fee, and it seems ridiculous to pay for something I'm not going to use, especially when I'm there on business. (Yes, the resort fee is on the website, but you won't told about it. I've worked in the hospitality business at places similar to this one and it was required that we tell every guest about any additional fees. It's common courtesy.) Note: This is why I only gave their service 3 stars.

2. You want a relaxing atmosphere. For whatever reason, they CONSTANTLY play techno music in the lobby and other common areas. It ruins what would otherwise be a very serene resort.

3. You want personalized service. I accidentally locked myself out of my room. The young lady at the front desk didn't seem to care, and told me that security would meet me at my room. I waited 20 minutes (mind you, I was there on business and this was not 20 minutes I could spare) for the security guard. He apologized for the delay, but the hotel needs a better system for getting guests into their rooms if they've been locked out.

Overall, I would say this is a great place for events. I loved my room, and the bed was amazing. (And you definitely need a good nights rest if you're there for business.) I wouldn't vacation here, but I don't enjoy large resorts that don't have a "personal touch."

Room Tip: I've read mixed reviews about the beds, and I get the impression that some are newer than others...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ReviewerD

Your thorough review of our property is greatly appreciated. We first want to extend our apologies if any area of your visit fell below expectations. We regret if our lobby music was not to your liking and will keep this in mind for the future. Furthermore, we regret if you were not made aware of our resort fee upon arrival and will be certain to make sure our charges are made clear in the future. We are sorry to learn that your experience did not reflect our usual high standards of customer service. Our goal is to provide consistent and attentive service in all areas and it is clear that we need to improve. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We hope to welcome you back for another comfortable stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had some business in Henderson and didn't want to deal with staying in Las Vegas. The surrounding property of the hotel is beautiful and serene. The non-gaming hotel is a little dated and the mattress needs to be replaced. The room was clean and the service was was very friendly.

Room Tip: Lake view is worth the additional charge
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing the highlights of your visit, as well as the specific areas that may need improving. We always appreciate constructive comments from our guests and will pass your remarks concerning our mattresses to the appropriate department heads. We feel that our guests deserve an above-average visit, each and every time. We hope you'll allow us another opportunity to provide the exceptional experience we know we are capable of providing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#51 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas
The Strip
The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
ARIA Resort & Casino
#15 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!