The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Siena Suites(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
1,405 results
All reviewsrick's cafeupper poolmoroccan themeping pongpaddle boatsheavenly bedlake las vegasbasketball courtfire pitpool sidesushi restaurantbreakfast buffetpalm treesresort is beautifulself parkingfree shuttlecoffee shop
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for a trade show and was pleasantly surprised to find that this wasn't a typical "las Vegas" resort. Lake Las Vegas is about 40 minutes from the strip but literally feels worlds away.

The resort sits on the lake with picturesque mountains surrounding. Off of the main lobby area there is a multilevel deck that overlooks this landscape with tons of comfortable seating options to just take it all in. Closer to sunset, they light the beautiful fire pit on this deck, making it even more enjoyable.

My room was a suite with a separate living area. The decor could stand to be updated but frankly, i was very comfortable and the room was spotless. My view was of a parking lot but i was hardly in my room. I would get my coffee each morning and just sit on that deck. There was a mini fridge in the room as well as a Keurig type coffee maker. Complimentary bottled water was replenished daily. The restaurant choices are a bit limited at this resort - only one was open when we were there Rick's. The food was ok, not spectacular. They have free shuttle service to the Village at Lake Las Vegas which had several different dining choices which were very good.

There is a spa on site but since i was there for business, I didnt get to enjoy that or the pool. I would like to come back one day for a vacation and give the spa and pool a try

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your great review. It seems like you truly made the most out of your time here at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we're pleased that you chose to share your experience. We hope you'll visit with us again to rejuvenate at Spa Moulay and take a dip in our pool.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Without a doubt the views are breathtaking! The facilities are magnificent and provide for plenty of space. I never left the resort for meals, and found them to have enough variety and selections for a short stay. Really was impressed with their coffee snack shop (can't recall the name), especially for the health conscious.

As you would expect, the gift store is ridiculously priced though. I forgot sunscreen….paid through the nose for it!

I have read some other posts about customer service and can’t concur with this. From my perspective I found the staff extremely courteous, saying “my pleasure” with every request and very concerned with meal satisfaction. My only observation is that they may have been a little understaffed at the moment, but what they lacked in quantity they definitely made up for in quality!

All in all, very relaxing and would highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. It's wonderful to read just how impressed you were with our coffee snack shop, Marrakesh Express. We are always grateful for any feedback that we receive from our guests and our sincere apologies if you did not find our items inside our gift shop to be at the best possible value. It's very encouraging to read your kind comments regarding our staff and we thank you for sharing your impressions with us. The next time you are in our area, we hope you'll visit with us again at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The property is gorgeous. We were there for a Symposium, breakfast and lunch included. The food was very good and the service prompt and well handled for several hundred people. The rooms were comfortable and afforded beautiful views of the pools and lake. The only negative was the shuttle. We went into Las Vegas for a show one night and made a reservation to take the last shuttle back to the resort. The concierge was very misleading as to the location of the Westin Las Vegas in relationship to the MGM where our show had been. As a result, we were 7 minutes late. The shuttle left without us. Although the valet tried to call the resort in Henderson, by the time someone reached the shuttle, they were half way home and unwilling to come back for us. We had to take a cab back to the resort. the cost was about $85.00. When we complained to the manager, he apologized and said he was unable to do anything more that offer us 2 coupons for free drinks! The manager said he had reimbursed guests once before and gotten in trouble for it. Given the whole problem began with poor information from the concierge, we did not feel well taken care of by the Westin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JayCee7030

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'd like to once again apologize for the miscommunication from our staff. We understand any frustration that you felt and deeply regret any inconveniences that you experienced. We hope you'll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were checked in around 9pm by a pretty disinterested clerk but luckily he was the only member of staff we came across that wasn't friendly, helpful and professional.

The rooms were absolutely fine; beds comfortable, bathroom good though a little tired. Our lake view room was a bit of a cheat; yes, you could see it, but you could see far more of the hotel than the lake!

Took a wander round the resort and lake the following day and I think it's a great place for families, with a couple of pools and a small lakeside sandy beach. Not quiet though!

We had breakfast outside both days and found the service exemplary and the food both good value and excellent quality. So a big thanks to the staff there.

All in all, this was a good place to recover from a transatlantic flight for a couple of nights. I thought the price was fine and aside a couple of niggles, have no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We'd first like to extend our sincere apologies if your experience at check-in did not reflect the high standards of customer service that we've set for our resort. We greatly appreciate you sharing your review and impressions of our property and we'll certainly pass along your gratitude and kind comments to our restaurant staff. We're always thrilled when a guest finds us to be at a good value and we hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Thank you.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, but service is horrible. They make promises they can't keep. We paid for a lake view and received a dingy dark room with a peek-a-boo view of the lagoon. We were told 3 times by different staff members that our room would be moved and this never happened. I was told I was going to be notified as soon as the new room would be cleaned. They completely forgot about me and never even apologized. Everything at this hotel is very unorganized! They could not even get my meals right. I haven never been treated this poorly at a hotel in my life! So sad because this was one of my favorite resorts :(.

• Stayed: April 2013
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We appreciate your honest feedback though we deeply regret to learn of your experience. Please know that this is not reflective of the high standards of customer service that we've set and we deeply regret any inconveniences during your stay. We never want a guest to leave our hotel feeling disappointed and can assure you that your comments are being shared with the appropriate departments. We appreciate your loyalty in our resort and hope you'll give us another try to fully impress you in all areas of your stay. Thank you.