The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson(Henderson)(Great Value!)
$89
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Express Henderson(Henderson)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
$139
$128
$65
Best Western Plus Henderson Hotel(Henderson)(Great Value!)
$96
$87
Sunset Station Hotel and Casino(Henderson)(Great Value!)
$63
$45
M Resort Spa Casino(Henderson)(Great Value!)
$145
$142
VEGAS.com
  • Pool
1,405 results
All reviewsrick's cafeupper poolmoroccan themeping pongpaddle boatsheavenly bedlake las vegasbasketball courtfire pitpool sidesushi restaurantbreakfast buffetpalm treesresort is beautifulself parkingfree shuttlecoffee shop
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights in Feb 2013, and it was generally fine in all the fundamentals. I hadn't realised how far the hotel was from decent (outside) restaurants or the strip, but that's on me and not them.

Westin apparently bought this property last year (2012) and are slowly working improving it according to the guy at the front desk. I found the staff unrelentingly positive and pretty good, though the concierge seemed a little flustered when we asked for a day-long drive-around itinerary. A surfeit of nice, and the staff were mostly competent.

The one thing that really kind of annoyed me was that a separate 'resort fee' was charged, of $22 per night. As I paid for this trip with points, I was really unpleasantly surprised to be handed a cash bill at the end. Included in this fee are what I think of as the basics when you book into a 'resort and spa', such as use of the pool and fitness room. This also annoyed me to no end at the time.

I made a serious suggestion to the front desk and don't know if it resonated. It was this: their fitness room is left over from the old hotel. You're in this beautiful location with gorgeous winter weather, miles and miles of trails and options like outdoor swimming, and then you go for a workout and the room they have with the gym is somewhat cramped has no windows. It's literally a basement room and just...crappy for what they're charging and trying to project. I would love to go for a kind of fitness vacation in this area, and that would fit their motif with the spas and relaxation thing. If you're looking for that however, this is not the place - yet.

The thing that I appreciated deeply about the hotel was that they had a self-serve laundry. That's a rare, prize feature for a four / five star hotel for some reason, and very useful when you have a pile of sweaty clothes and no expense account.

Something else I appreciated was that I could buy a quality salad and a coffee at the downstairs mini-cafe, which was a pretty good deal and convenient in the morning.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet although we were right next to the ice machines.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank accha
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your experience. Your perspective is greatly appreciated and we can assure you that your feedback regarding our Westin WORKOUT Gym is being taken into consideration for the future. We are truly grateful that you took the time to reach out and share this suggestion with our front desk staff. We would love the opportunity to welcome you again and hope you’ll take a moment to visit our website to learn about our new fit-cation package. We apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with our resort fee charge and hope to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent property without all the Vegas clutter. The Japanese Sushi bar is excellent and attracts tons of locals which is a testament to its executive sushi chef who's extremely personal and knows many of the regulars.

The grounds are stunning. Westin workout, pools and spa are all spotless clean and updated. My biggest pet peeve was exceeded in this hotel with blazing fast wireless Internet speed throughout the property.

I was in a junior suite and the rooms were very comfortable, but a tad outdated visually. You can't go wrong with the room prices, but the incidentals will creep up on you it you're not careful. I will come back for a stay my next time in LV.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MKristian

We truly appreciate your kind compliments to our Chef. We’ll certainly pass along your review. It truly warms our hearts to read your beautiful description of our property and services. It was our pleasure to comfortably accommodate you at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we look forward to your return. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a workshop at this beautiful property about 30 minutes from the airport. It is a little depressing to see the brown grass of the closed golf course on the drive in, I can imagine how nice this area was when all the hotels and golf courses were open. Pulling up to the property, we were promptly greeted by the doorman and check in was quick and efficient. Every staff member I encountered was helpful and friendly. The Restaurant Marssa was fabulous and the bar had a great staff and live music. The room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed and well maintained furniture and fixtures. The workout area had a good assortment of cardio and strength training machines as well as free weights and stability balls. There was cold water and chilled towels as well.

Room Tip: The lake view is nice
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Triptek

Above all, we’re delighted to read that your experience with us reflected the high standards of customer service that we’ve set. Since we strive to create the perfect setting for our guests to maintain a daily exercise routine, we’re happy to read such positive feedback regarding our Westin WORKOUT Gym. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

As someone who visits Las Vegas many times. I took a chance and stayed away from the normal Vegas strip area and busy streets and hung out on this amazing property that I had no idea was even there. It's twenty minutes away from the airport and the hotel does have a shuttle that goes to the strip 4 times a day. I will say a taxi ride was about 50 to 60 dollars from/to airport not to bad. I chose to stay in the area and there is a small casino around the lake at casino monte lago and that area to me was quite charming. The Westin was spotless, they had 3 places to eat on the property, one of them being a really good Sushi spot. Awesome views of the lake, spacious rooms, pleasant, warm friendly staff and those great heavenly beds. I had a good time and would love to put this on Las Vegas list of favorite hotels. Granted some folks don't want to be away from the strip but if you give it a chance, I hope you will enjoy it there as much as I did.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AdrianS779

We’re glad that you found your way to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Our sincere thanks for taking the time to for share such a glowing review of our property. It’s always a pleasure to read when a guest has such an enjoyable experience with us. We’re happy that you enjoyed our Sushi Bar at Marssa and appreciate you sharing your helpful feedback regarding our shuttle to the Las Vegas area. We hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful! The service is very good. My daughter said " I love this hotel, I wish I could live here!" The only issue is; you Really Need a car. Even with MapQuest you may still get loss finding it!! It is way out in the hills of Henderson. Beautiful site, wonderful service - but a bit too far out!

• Stayed: February 2013
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Reading your daughter's comment truly warmed our hearts! It was our pleasure to accommodate you at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions. We hope any inconveniences that you may have experienced with our location were minimal during your time with us. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again.