“Absolutely beautiful place!”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Wirral
“Absolutely beautiful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had my wedding here on 2nd October and it was such an amazing day. I can't praise the hotel and the staff enough! The hotel and surroundings are just stunning and it really does look just as amazing as in the photographs. My wedding photographs are amazing given the stunning location and surrounding mountains! Obama was staying here the day we got married so it was a little chaotic getting into the place with security searches, sniffer dogs and secret Service staff everywhere but it certainly was an experience. The staff handled it exceptionally well and i was still made to feel the day was all about me - even though the president was staying!
I didn't actually stay the night here but i was given a suite to get ready in and the room was amazing with gorgeous views out over the lake. The whole place was immacculate and the grounds were well maintained.
We had our wedding meal in Rick's Cafe. Rick's Cafe makes it sound like some sort of little bistro but the place was lovely. We had our own seating area which was sectioned off from the main area by white drapes - all very tranquil and exotic! The food was delicious and there was pleanty of it (by british standards anyway!). We had our own bar staff and it seemed i had my own personal waiter too - unfortunately i can't remember his name but he ensured my drinks were always topped up and was even there to push my chair in each time i got back to my seat - very attentive!
The only downside to the food was that a few of my guests commented that they couldn't have their steak well cooked and it had to be brought out to them first and then they had to send it back to get it well done. I didn't find out about this until the next day thought and although it wasn't a major issue - just something my guests commented on!
The resort also provided my wedding cake, which again, was amazing. Fluffy light sponge, filled with strawberries and topped with a gorgeous white chocolate icing. Shame i only got to have one slice as my Husband ate the rest of it back at our hotel room - and he doesn't even have a sweet tooth apparently?!!
Overall, our wedding day was amazing from start to finish. We stayed on the strip and only came to the resort for the day to get married but it was wonderful to get away from the craziness of the strip and step into this calm oasis. It's just a shame that the day went so quick and i didn't feel i got to experience all that this resort had to offer. At sunset, the firepits were all lit and people were relaxing outside having a few drinks. I'd already arranged transport for my guests back to the strip so didn't stay late into the evening. I would definately recommend staying here if you want to relax in peaceful sorroundings with stunning views. It is about 30 - 40 minutes away from the strip so if you want to neon lights and bustling atmostphere of the strip then you're unlikely to find it here. I will always have fond memories of this place. A place where i had my dream wedding and a place which far outweighed my expectations. If you're thinking of getting married here, you wont be dissappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We can't thank you enough for sharing your beautiful review with us. We are truly honored that you chose to celebrate your wedding at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, as it was our pleasure to help you create the wedding of your dreams. We're overjoyed to learn that your experience at our resort exceeded your expectations and we sincerely appreciate your kind recognition of our staff members. We are truly grateful that you took the time to relive your experience, as we're delighted to learn that your big day was everything you had hoped for and more. Thank you for sharing your lovely description and we wish a lifetime of happiness to you both.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Yes, it's 30+ minutes from the strip, but that's a small price to pay for the quiet and being away from the hustle and bustle. Rooms are typical of Westins - tasteful stylish and very comfortable (one of my favorites). The hotel is not too large either - and seems personal - the opposite of the impersonal mega-resort hotels on-strip. The staff here are welcoming, polite, courteous, and have time to take care of you. They genuinely seem happy to help out. The pool areas are great - drinks can sometimes be a little slow to arrive, but if you're here, you're not likely in a rush! I used the kayak rental a couple of times during my stay - it's actually included in the resort fee you pay - and spent a pleasant few hours paddling the lake from end to end.

The only gripe would be that after midnight there is nowhere in the hotel to get drinks, apart from delivery to wherever you want to drink (and the extra delivery fee attached to that). The late night dining menu is very limited too. For late night drinks, the casino in the village, 1.5 miles away, is where you need to go.

I'll definitely consider coming back for a retreat and weekend of R&R here. The perfect place to switch off, and easily pop onto the strip when necessary.

Room Tip: A lake view room. Some of the higher floor rooms have thinner walls though, so if you like quiet, ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your lovely description of The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. It's always wonderful to learn when we can provide our guests with great quality service and we'd like to thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding our staff members. For any inconveniences that you encountered that may have impacted your relaxing getaway with us, we truly apologize. It seems like you truly made the most out of your time with us and we hope that you'll choose to visit with us again, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Earth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here 9/17-9/19. It was just after 2 large groups had departed the day before. We had the property almost to ourselves! Beautiful grounds and buildings. The lake was unswimmable due to a recent monsoon there which created some bacteria. We stayed on the 9th floor which had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding area. The pools were very nice and the staff put us in a comped cabana due to the quiet time we were there. Suzanne the pool waitress was very helpful and told us of President Obama's visit a few weeks before. Looks like he was there again the day before the debate according to the Wall Street Journal. We ate at the Japanese restaurant on-site but didn't find much on the menu to choose from. Another night we ate at an Italian restaurant in Montelago Village which was very good. Very nice location away from The Strip, would stay again.

1 Thank k4jdp
It's always nice to read about our guests' experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we truly appreciate you sharing your impressions with us. We regret that you weren't able to enjoy the lake due to the unfortunate effects of the storm and hope that you'll have the opportunity to experience all that our resort has to offer during your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return.
virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I am returning to this resort because of work and this is the chosen spot booked for our group. While the resort is pleasant, I am really miffed that there are no tennis courts. They offer a half "sport court". This is not good enough for a place that calls itself a resort and has plenty of grounds, but no tennis?? Is this not the town of Andre Agassi??? I will try my best to enjoy my return there this week, but without tennis I feel something is missing. Management, please tell me why there is no tennis court?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tennisphotog
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We appreciate you reaching out to us about the tennis courts, as we always want to ensure that each of our guests receive the best possible experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. While we do not have our own tennis courts, there are private courts offered by Lake Las Vegas. More information about this option is available on our website, as we do suggest making a reservation prior to playing. Thank you for your review.
New Brighton, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel is beautiful with lots of sitting spots overlooking the lake but smoking was allowed in this area ruining the view. It was larger than I thought with lots of meetings going on all over the place which makes it quite busy. Our king suite was beautiful with a beautiful sunrise view. The staff was welcoming. Rick's Cafe was spendy and the food wasn't the greatest. My husband ordered a hamburger which costs $14.00 plain. You add $1.00 for each topping including cheese. No sauce of any kind on it so it was very dry even when he asked for it medium done. The lake is coffee colored so I wouldn't want to swim in it but they rent kayaks, paddle boats and paddle boards. I am used of the clear lakes of MN:)

1 Thank Cindy6074
It's always a pleasure to learn about our guests' impressions of your stay and we'd like to thank you for sharing your review. While we appreciate that you chose to dine with us at our Rick's Cafe, it's disappointing that you didn't find us to be at the best value and we regret any inconveniences. Your feedback is more than appreciated because it allows us the opportunity to improve for our future guests. We regret that you missed the opportunity to enjoy the exciting lake activities and hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The check in was smooth and efficient, but a little too quick. I kind of wish that the front desk agent had given me more info about the hotel, especially about the recreation activities. Felt a bit lost there. The resort is gorgeous with architecture and interior design that are reminiscent of Morocco. There are trees and mountains everywhere, and the lake is omnipresent. I wish I could have had a longer stay to be able to enjoy this pleasant hotel a bit more. One more thing to add: if you are planning to head to the strip, keep in mind that the hotel is at least 30 minutes away. It is a long drive.

Room Tip: Save on taxi fare by using the free shuttle to the strip, but make arrangements early! The shuttle f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Moremi O
We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback. While our front desk staff is always willing to answer any questions or concerns throughout your stay, your comments regarding your experience at check-in will be immediately passed along to our team. We feel it's essential for our guests to remain well-informed about our resort and activities and we appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope that we get the pleasure to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Westin when my girlfriend ran the Ironman championship race. The hotel was beyond our expectations. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We had access to Lake Las Vegas via a sandy beach right on the property. Julie was able to do a 2 km swim before the race which was really great. Both restaurants served great meals and the hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only improvement necessary was to the wireless service which was weak. The wired Internet service worked great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
How exciting! Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa for the Ironman championship race, as we're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your girlfriend and we're glad that she was able to get a swim in before the race. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our Internet service and hope that the next time you are in the area, you will visit with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Strip
4.5 of 5 bubbles 15,480 reviews
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 25 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,268 reviews

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!