“Wynn is better value”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Vancouver
“Wynn is better value”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

The M resort is nice. They have finally wised up and stopped that stupid $25.00 resort fee. DUH!!!! However they have cranked up their room rates to beyond sanity. It is much cheaper to stay at the WYNN!!!!! We stayed at the Wynn last year and the two don't even come close. The M resort smells. Yes they pump perfume into the casino that after a while makes your eyes smart and your stomach feel sick. What ever happened to fresh air? The Wynn always feels fresh. I won every day at the Wynn. The M resort felt like a black hole!!. The pool at the Wynn was classy, beautiful and relaxing. The Mresort has NO SHADE!!. It looks like a water hole in a parking lot!! They have rock bands in the evening at the pool that has every lizard for miles scurrying for cover. They are confused. They are trying to appeal to the affluent middle aged market with their style, retaurants etc. but operationally are like Hotters!! I played for hours at the machines and only once had a cocktail waitress come by. I tipped her $2.00. Is that not enough?? At the Wynn they were constantly there. As far as location there is no comparison. It is way out there!!! 20 minutes from the strip. Why not stay in Primm for $19.95? We contacted them last year because it was our 40th anniversary. We got no reply. However we got lots of other hotels offering us the moon to come for a week. Guess what.

I will give them one accolade. Thier buffet is great. Just plan to eat breakfast at 7:00 Am and supper at 3:30 PM. One hour line-ups are minimal and normal otherwise.

I honestly cannot frecommend this place. Stay at the South point, Wynn, anywhere. Come here for the buffet if you want.

2 Thank Canuckscout

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2009

This was the second time we'd stayed at the M Resort, the first time the reort had only just opened and I have to say was a better experience than this in that not all facilities were operational. I can't fault the accommodation, cleanliness or attitude of the staff but there were diffinately less staff available.
The biggest dissapointment was the Terzetto restaurant was closed both nights of our stay, on our previous stay we had enjoyed a great meal in this restaurant which we'd hoped to repeat. The pool was also closed for both days as was the buffet for breakfast which had been relocated to the Red Cup Cafe and was a very sub standard meaning we had to travel to the strip to get a buffet breakfast, not good enough.

Thats said, our stay was enjoyable and we had good food with great service in both Marinelli's and Veloce Cibo both of which are recommended.

If you want to be away from the strip I would still recommend this resort, hopefully all the facilities will be open when you visit, it may be worth checking with the hotel first if there is something specific you want.

colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2009

NO MORE RESORT FEES!
The rooms are lux, beautifully decorated and with awesome views from either side. Amenities even in the standard rooms include a separate tub with outside view, glassed in commode and shower, double sinks, and even a tv in the bathroom mirror. The pool complex is fabulous (and at least one is open year round, heated to @90 degrees). The parking and access to the hotel or casino is the most convenient I've seen in Vegas.
Huge casino with great ventilation, lots of tables, tons of new slot machines, and excellent floor service (good drinks, and even good house wine in real wine glasses). Restaurants and bars are plentiful.
The buffet offers tremendous variety, and wonderful quality, and includes free wine and beer, a very nice plus not seen elsewhere (who doesn't like a nice glass of wine with their meal?)
I highly recommend the M as a luxurious option (currently at a terrifically low price) away from the hordes of humanity a few miles down on the Strip.

3 Thank sylvia4
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My daughter and my future son-in-law became engaged last month during a romantic dining experience at Marinelli's Restaurant at the "M" Resort, Spa and Casino. The staff went out of their way to help make the evening extra special. The hostess, Christina, even took photos during the proposal. The food is the best Italian food I have ever eaten and the service is superb. The desserts are to die for!!! The atmosphere was perfect for the big event and our "thank you" goes out to each of the staff, especially the hostess, who helped make this a very memorable experience. I look forward to eating there again soon.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Pegster51
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband was in Las Vegas on business and we didn't have a choice of hotels because his company paid. The hotel's website advertised the gorgeous pool, which we found to be closed over our entire stay. Journey was going to be in concert in the pool area, so they closed it 3 days in advance to set up chairs. We didn't plan to use the pool much anyway, but it's worth noting because if that's something you plan to do, you should make sure there is not a big concert in the upcoming weekend.

Our room faced the Las Vegas Strip, which was rather pretty at night from miles and miles away. During the day, the view was disappointing: an expanse of sandy dry desert, construction sites, a housing development, and billboards along the highway. One novelty of the room was the huge marble bathtub that actually faced the Strip through a window in the bathroom with an electronic shade. The room was large and comfortable with a modern designer feel. I noticed I was very "stuffed up" during our stay which usually occurs when I'm in a dusty environment, so I'm not sure if the room was very clean. The wi-fi in our room worked perfectly, and we also enjoyed the huge flat-screen TV.

The hotel restaurants are nice, but nothing spectacular. The buffet may be a good deal if you can eat and drink your money's worth. They do offer free beer and wine with dinner. I'm a vegetarian and pregnant, so I probably lost more money at the buffet than at the slot machines. I did think there was a large selection of ethnic-inspired foods, and not just the typical meat/potatoes/seafood stuff.

The casino area seemed large and elegant. I noticed there was a smoke smell no matter where I was in the casino, which bothered me. However, it was not as bad in the morning, when the casino is practically empty. I enjoyed the fact that there was a complimentary beverage station in the casino with several kinds of sodas and ice water. There was also a pharmacy and a few other little shops to pick up anything we forgot at home.

The staff was personable and professional. The shuttle drivers (to the airport and to the Strip) were on time and friendly. I'm not a fan of Las Vegas anyway, so it's hard to say if I would come to the M Resort again, but our stay was pleasant enough.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Suze612
las vegas, nv
Reviewed October 3, 2009

The buffet is excellent...better than the bellagio...this is a beautiful hotel and pool area. Really pleased with every aspect of this hotel/casino. The 24 hour cafe is also very good. Look forward to going here again.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank cyberbelle
arlington heights, illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We just returned from our 4 day stay at the M Resort. All I can say is that this is one of the most incredible hotels I have ever stayed in. Certainly the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Las Vegas. The room we stayed in was beautifully furnished. The bed was SUPER comfortable. The bathroom had a large tub and a separate walk-in shower. The vanity had two sinks and a tv in the mirror. There was a large 42 inch tv in the bedroom/living area. This hotel is immaculate. The casino is very spacious and has a great selection of slots and video poker. Very good ventilation system so it didn't seem smokey at all. We ate at the Studio B buffet for both breakfast and dinner. The breakfast had a wonderful selection, but the dinner buffet has got to be the best in Vegas. Unbelievable selection of entrees, salads and scrumptious desserts to choose from. Also all the beer and wine you could drink was included in the buffet price. We never had to wait in line for the buffet, but we stayed Monday-Thursday. It could be more crowded on the weekends. If there is anything negative to be said about the M, it is about 12 miles from the strip. But to us, is was a plus to be away from the crowds and the traffic on the strip. The cost of this hotel was a bargain for such an elegant place. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We were VERY pleased with the M. I can't wait until my next visit!! We'll never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grandmaoftwo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#12 of 264 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 264 in Las Vegas
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!