“It's better than average, but.....”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
california
“It's better than average, but.....”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

BEWARE $27.50 Resort Fee.
We just returned from a 3 night stay. It certainly has a lot of "WOW". The interior is open, with a spacious feeling. It is quiet. somewhat opulent, but not overstated. We visit Las Vegas 4-5 times a year to see the kids. We are in So. Cal, and our son and his family live there. We try to stay at the newest properies, if they have promotional deals that are within our budget. We got a rate from Booking.com for $54.00 per night, and upon check -in we were offered an upgraded room for $10.00 more per night. Plus tax, and Resort Fee, a total of about $100.00 per night.

The Pro's: large rooms, lots of cool features, big bathroom, excellent bed, linens & pillows, good ventilation. The restaurants are very good! Theyy seem to have quality ingredients, well prepared, and nicely presented, and reasonable prices. Complimentary self-serve soft drink station. Check in was quick & easy. Staff is friendy and seem competent. We have stayed at the Wynn & Bellagio, and the rooms at the M, are quite comparable.
The Cons: Desk chair is not adjustable, extremely low. TV & phone system have glitches, they do not work properly. Room chairs are painfully uncomfortable. Our experience at the "Studio B" buffet for lunch was not good. Once inside it was exactly like any other buffet, and it is expensive. Sure, all beer and wine is included, but if you don't want beer and wine, you pay anyway. Coffee is weak, and water tastes strongly of bleach. You must bet "max" coins at any bar or lounge to have your beverage "comp-ed".

Overall, it is a nice hotel. The restaurants are above average for the price.
The "resort fee", @ $27.50, is not worth it. The only thing it actually includes is internet in your room, and you can pay for that at any hotel in Las Vegas for less than $12.00 per day. We may go there again to eat at one of their restaurants (never the buffet), but we won't stay at the hotel again. It seems like they are gouging for every penney, $1.00 per minute for internet access in business center! We overheard some employees discussing the upcoming layoffs.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oaklandv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
MO
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I've been to Vegas at least 40 times over the years. During that time I've stayed at a over a dozen different properties, including some that don't even exist anymore. (Hacienda or Landmark anyone?) I look forward to staying and exploring a new property for the first time; my latest entry into this category was the M Resort.

My initial impression was not very positive. I did not find the outside or inside signage to be very helpful, and wandered around a bit before a staff members saw the "I'm totally lost look in my face", and gave me directions. When I checked in they didn't have a King bed left, and instead had one with two queens. I'm not sure why, but I really don't like staying in a room with double beds. The counter person, who was very nice and apologetic, told me she's get me into a king room the next day.

However, over the course of my stay, I began to like the property more n. more. Here are some of the things I liked:

1. The customer service was absolutely first rate. I did not meet one staff member who didn't genuinely seem eager to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I asked each of the blackjack dealers I played with what they thought of the M. Everyone said it was a great place to work. One fo them had even left the Venetian for the M and said it was one the best decisions he's ever made.

2. I ate at three restaurants, and enjoyed two of them. The turkey/avocado sandwich at the Red Cup Cafe was fantastic and served very quickly. My second night there I had only a five minute wait to get into the Studio Buffet. Given the selection of food, free beer and wine, and reasonable price ($22.99), this was one of the best, if not the best buffet I've been to.

3. The rooms are great, especially the ones with a king bed. The bathroom was bigger than my first apartment, the room card into the light slot was a nice energy saver, the closet for the clothing and safe was a very good size, the the two tvs (one of which is in the bathroom mirror), were great. Of the many properties I've stayed at (including Rio & Venetian), I think this was my favorite room.

4. First rate ventilation system. The guy sitting next to me at one of blackjack tables was smoking like a chimney. I could barely smell the smoke.

5. I like both the size and location of the hotel. The property itself was very easy to navigate, and to me the distance from the Strip was a plus.

6. I hoped to use the exercise room and pool, but never got around to it. My room overooked the pool area, which seemed great.

Things I didn't like:

1. Let's just add $25 on to the regular room rate and be done with it. I did use the internet, and it was nice to not to be billed for it. I also made a few local calls and grabbeld a USA Today each morning on my way to the golf course, but I still think the resort fee is a bit misleading.

2. During the Friday night of my stay I ate at the Steakhouse. I liked the fact that they had two separate dining areas, the one by the bar more casual than the other, but the food was really expensive. I had a ribeye with a salad and two sides and endied up with a bill over $70. The steak was just ok (at least for the price), the asparagus was tough and tasteless. The garlic mashed potatoes were very good, but at $7 a pop I was hoping for a bit more.

Overall I had a very good stay. I grew to like the property the longer I was there. After the first night I was pretty sure I wouldn't come back, after checking out I had done a complete 180. If the price were right, I'd definitely choose the M again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank MOTiger
Ruby Valley, NV
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Just got back from M Resort. Let me start off by saying that I hate it when people harp on hotels and say how bad it was, and they don't give any details, or say anything positive. That being said, I will do my best not to be vague. My wife and I arrived at about 12:30 realizing we might not get to check in that early. We were right. No rooms ready (no Kings, but 2 queens were ready). They took our #, just in case something came up before 3 but it did not. At 3:00PM, we got to our room. The room was very nice. The best room we have ever had in Vegas. The view was obstructed because of things on the roof, which was right outside our window, but it was a partial strip view. Not too bad. The bathroom was incredible. Separate shower and tub. The tub had a glass wall which gave us our view of the strip. Bedding was nice, tv was nice. Overall, the room was the best part of the stay. Robes and slippers too. We tried to go to the buffet for dinner, but the line was way too long. We stood in it for ten minutes and we didn't move one inch. We left and walked right into the steakhouse. Simple menu but pricey. Nothing comes with the entree. Just a piece of meat. Salad was $7. Six pieces of asparagus, $7. It wasn't even good asparagus. The meat was very tender, good cut. I had prime rib, my wife had a filet. No seasoning, very plain. Wouldn't buy it again. Had the lunch buffet the next day, no line. Food was just OK. But the desserts were very good. The pool was very nice. As for the windy comment before, it was just the weather. It was windy at the strip too. We didn't mind being away from the strip, but it is pretty far from it. Now the resort fee. The newspaper isn't delivered to the room, they just leave a pile by the elevator. But they were all gone by the time I figured that out. We got water the first night, not the second though. No chocolates, as I read in another review. Didn't use the shuttle, and I still don't know what a nightly turn-down service is. Free self serve soda was very nice, and the casino floor was very open and clean. We would stay here again because even with the resort fee, it's still a good deal. One challenge for those who do visit. Try to find a waitress without a tattoo. We found one the whole trip. Nothing wrong with that, just an interesting observation.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RubyValley_NVRancher
Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stayed at the M Resort this last weekend. Although it is a very beautiful hotel, you don't get much for the money. The $25 fee that is supposed to get you a few extras was not worth it. First, they don't tell you that its $25 per night. The room was never cleaned, and the nights we were there we only got the turn down service once and they didn't include the water that was promised us either. The housekeeping services at every other hotel I've ever been to was far better considering there was none here. Our beds were only made once, sloppily at that. Also the air-conditioning is so weak that it was uncomfortably hot all night long. We left the AC on 60 degrees but the room never got below 75. So expect to pay $25 extra per night and all that will get you is wifi, which isn't the fastest either. Also, although the pool is probably one of the nicest in Vegas, this area of Vegas seemed to be very windy all the time making the pool unused. Maybe its just me, but the slots seemed to be quite tight, no winning going on here. The buffet was great, but the line moves excruciatingly slow, although there were only 20 people in line and dozens of empty tables it still took nearly an hour to get through the door. So, be prepared to pay a lot, but don't expect to get much out of it. They need to drop the $25 per night fee and start cleaning the rooms and I'd think about coming back.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bt2184
S.Calif
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We had high hopes for this resort but overall felt disappointed. I would stick with the resorts you would normally go to on or off the strip.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 29, 2009

Wow, wow, wow!!! This place is great. It's 10 minutes before the strip, you don't have to deal with the traffic on the strip. This is a a great mirage in the desert. Upon driving up to the resort, it looked kind small. Not like the big grand resorts you'd see on the strip. When I walked into the casino area, it kinda reminded me of Pechanga Casino. So that didn't wow me yet. Upon going deeper into the casino, I was impressed with the bar that's right in the middle of the gaming floor. The lobby was amazing. Waterfall and the details of counters and floor was great. Not to mention the lookout by the bar that gives you a fantastic view of the strip. The room was fantastic. Very high end. The pool area is to die for. I've never seen a pool area that open. There's a stage, cabanas, couches, a bar & gaming tables by the bar.
The casino floor has several self server soda dispensers that are open to everyone. The buffet has seafood night on Friday & Saturday for about $20 and it includes free beer on tap & wine. I've never heard of that before. And it's unlimited re-fills. I don't like their version of the fast pass for the buffet line. You have to go up to the counter and get the time slot for dinner. When it's time, you have to come back and get in line. I think they still have to iron out the kinks in this system. The table minimums are $5 & $10. Not only that, but 99% of the cocktail waitresses are playboy hot. You have to see it for yourself. And they come around all the time and they bring your orders out very fast. I guess that's one of the perks of a smaller casino. All in all, I would choose this as my primary place to stay when in Vegas. Oh forgot about the spa mio. This place is fantastic. Their services are great also.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Southern California
Reviewed April 27, 2009

All I can say is "Wow!" My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at The M Resort this past weekend, and were impressed from the moment we pulled into the parking lot. We were greeted by Complimentary Valet Service, a very friendly and helpful young lady at check-in and an impeccably decorated hotel. Every detail was considered. We proceeded to our room, which was two Queen beds with a Mountain View, wall-to-wall windows with shades to block out bright sunlight if you prefer. A really cool feature that I've never seen before, was your hotel key when inserted into a slot on the wall turns the lights in the room on or off, thereby saving the hotel on energy costs and giving you immediate access to lights when entering a dark hotel room. There is also a digital "Do Not Disturb" sign on the outside of your room, that is operated with a switch from the inside. Inside the room there are many amenities, from a TV in the bathroom mirror, marble shower and separate marble tub with a large window that you can see out to the bedroom area (it also has a shade that can be drawn for privacy), two closets one in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom, a 42 inch plasma TV in the bedroom, and much, much more. I was a little bothered at first with the Resort Fee of $25 per night, but it included bottled water, high speed internet, turn down service, chocolates, newspaper and usage of the work out area, which was nice.

The restaurants we went to were awesome! We went to the Studio B Buffet for the Seafood dinner, and it was great...there are so many different kinds of food, desserts and the atmosphere was fun. The other restaurant we went to was The Red Cup Cafe, and the food was also very good, I had the tomato/basil/mozarella omelet...yum! We had a window view of the pool, which was also absolutely beautiful!

Other visitors of this hotel mentioned the distance from the strip, and yes, it is about 10-15 minutes away, but we rather enjoyed that. The strip gets so busy, so it was nice to be away from the crowds. This hotel is self-contained, you don't really need to leave...

We loved it so much, we want to come back in a few months and enjoy the gorgeous pool area. Thanks Anthony Marnell III for a great resort experience!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mrkenne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#12 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 263 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand
#13 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!