“very nice”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed April 11, 2009

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Partyposie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed April 1, 2009

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank joegregs
Reviewed April 1, 2009

3  Thank snowlover18
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Actually havn't stayed over here yet, just did the late night hang out.
Did the lounge with the rock star impersonators (the Cheap Trick guitarist is a hoot),
and stepped out onto the connected patio. what a great setup.
Almost all the resturaunts and lounges have attached patios that you can sneak out onto to have a smoke and gaze at the stars. Something that is sorely lacking at most properties.

Strolled over to the the beer bar, 32derees, with it's impressive selection of nitro tap beers. Won't have to drive to the Crown n Anchor for a Tetleys !
Right out the back of the bar there is the sports book, so you can hang, and watch the games too. also a section with a couple couches to lounge on means a great place to hang out with friends. Nice little resturaunt with quick foods right next to the sports book and beer bar is a thoughtful touch too.
After a couple beers, its off to the lavatory, bit of a walk, but they turned out to be clean, spacious, and quiet. good design always shows in the lavs.

Baby Cakes, the bakery, was already closed, so just breathed heavily on the glass, plenty in there to choose from, will have to get there before 11pm next time.

Took the elevator down to the wine cellar, but they didn't have it up and running yet.
Really like how it is down in the basement, but still has a entrance onto the pool deck.

Ah, the pool.
Wasn't open yet, but looks like a great layout, lots of sun, and lots of levels to choose from. at least two large bars, (don't know if there is one at the Euro pool) and center pool cabanas give the main pool a real resort look. Two large jacuzzis are up by the bandstand, away from the main pool complex, and i hope to be in one during an outdoor concert there someday.

The show resturaunt looks fabulous, with interesting menu, and a comfortable amount of room between tables, and with the other little lounges scattered around the perimeter, you can always find someplace to tuck away into.

Will definitely make the effort to stay here next time i am in town, as i always drive to Vegas,( it's WAY off the main strip) and have heard the rooms are nice as well.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Morganism
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at the newly opened M Luxury Resort on the south end of the strip in Las Vegas, and I must say we had a marvelous time. The resort is different from other Vegas resorts as it is filled with natural light and is quite easy to navigate, unlike the dark, mazelike monstrosities on the more northern end of Las Vegas Blvd.
My husband and I had an Executive level room and it was beautifully modern with floor to ceiling windows, motorized shades, flat screen televisions in the bed area and bathroom, cordless phones, and Bose radios to mention a few things. The rooms had every imaginable amenity including his and hers robes, and slippers, turn down service with gourmet chocolates at bedtime and free newspapers in the morning. The bed was incredibly comfortable with lots of pillows to choose from. We slept very well on the pillow top mattress.
My husband and I tried out Terrzetto restaurant (steak house / oyster bar) and were not disappointed. We had reservations and were seated right away. With the exception of not serving pomegranate martinis, our meal was delicious. My husband had oysters on the half shell and a NY sirloin with glazed carrots. I had lobster and avocado citrus salad and the petit filet. Both of our streaks were cooked perfectly and the appetizers were extraordinary. The next morning we tried the Buffet. The Buffet was much better than average, but the 2 hour wait to get in, was not fun. We waited because we just wanted to try it, but I will never wait that long again for the Buffet.
My husband and I also enjoyed massages in the Spa Mio and I had my nails done as well. The spa was quite nice and relaxing, and although I have had better services at other spas and salons, but the spa was beautifully decorated, very clean and had jacuzzis, saunas, relaxation areas and 16 treatment rooms along with a full salon. The staff was very friendly and attentive and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our spa experience.
Actually that brings me to one of the very best things about the M Resort that truly distinguishes it from other Vegas hotels.....the service. Every single person, from the front desk people, to the bell man, to the janitors, maids, restaurant servers and spa technicians were friendlier than just about any other hotel/resort I have stayed in. They greeted people with smiles, learned your name and always asked if there was anything they could do to assist you. I have never had that level of service in any other hotel in Las Vegas, and with the exception of one particular hotel in Rome and one in Singapore, I can say it was by far the best. I truly hope this type of service continues and I wish the new resort much success. I'm sure we will return often. As for those who are reluctant to stay at the M because it is located a little ways from the main portion of the strp, don't worry, there is shuttle service.

6  Thank vegaslvr2007
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We live in Vegas, and a few times a year we stay at one of the casino's for special occasions. This is one time I wish I would have went with my first instinct. I had booked a getaway weekend at the New York New York, but we received a promotional offer in the mail for strip view rooms for 50.00 a night on the weekend, plus a coupon book for many discounts. I booked a room for two nights I requested a king room, approximately 3 weeks before our visit. Check in is where the little voice in the back of my mind started saying "Big mistake". We checked in around 4pm, I asked for a king room and was told none were available, however I could wait if I wanted, but based on the previous weekend the desk clerk told me it could be 3 to 4 hours before one was ready. I took the double she offered, and on the south side of the resort (Desert view). When we entered the room at first glance it was beautiful, everything brand new, however upon closer inspection the room had not been cleaned well, dirty under desk, the entertainment center had not been dusted and worst of all the painting above the bath had some kind of scum and stains all over it. I went and found a housekeeper to clean the painting (afraid to imagine what the stains were!). Then as previously reported by others, to get the lights and TV to work you need to place your room key in a slot by the front door, this is a great energy saver when it works...our lights went out anlong with the TV and stayed out for approximately 3 hours. When I went to the front desk (phones were out as well) I was told the computer system had crashed, including the front desk so there was nothing they could do about it. Not exactly the response I was looking for when I am paying for a room, and needing to get cleaned up to go out to dinner with friends. Needless to say we cancleed our dinner plans since we didn't want to try and get showered and dressed in the dark. We went up to the Veloce for drinks and on the way I asked the girls manning the reservation desk if I could add one person to my reservation on Saturday night, they told me they would have to check with the manager because they were booked solid Saturday night and they could not just add a person. After waiting about 10 minutes they were unable to find the manager, I left my name and room number and asked they call me with an answer. When we went up to the bar at the top of the M the manager was there I asked if I could add one person to my reservation Saturday night, he said no problem at all. Saturday morning we ordered room service nothing to hard I thought, crepes, coffee, and juice. It took almost an hour and a half to be delivered, however the presentation was excellent. My wife went to the Spa and I went to the gym, both were good only complaint in both the men's and women's sides the jacuzzi's were cold. Spa and Gym staff are excellent wait on you hand and foot. Saturday night we had dinner at the Veloce great view of Vegas, good food, service average. Funny thing when I got back to my room I had a message from the girl at the Veloce reservation desk saying they could not accomodate my request to add one person to my reservation. I don't mind being told no, but it is sad when someone has to lie in order to cover up the fact they never did ask the manager.
All in all I would have to say the M is barely average for Vegas, if you are going to stay off the strip you need to have a reason such as excellent customer service, and superior rooms, unfortunately for me this wasn't the case. The M send me a automatic generated thank you for staying and asked if I would care to comment on my stay. I basically wrote the same review I did here and funny thing no-one contacted me. Bottom line stay on the strip, if you want a really nice off the strip property go with the Red Rock.

5  Thank Mopar05
Reviewed March 20, 2009

One night was enough to give us a flavour of this resort, but not enough to experience it all. The rooms are large. Enjoyed the view from the wall of windows. Yes, there is a $25.00 resort fee. This includes access to the internet anywhere from 12.00 to 25.00 at hotels on the strip. The women's spa needs a rethink. Look forward to positive changes there and to the pool opening. I agree with previous reviews not sure how long they will be able to keep up things like the complementary drink stations, ( right outside the deli, who is going to pay for a beverage there.) The buffet was extremely good. Not a buffet fan, however it was more like fresh food cooked before your eyes and then help yourself rather than heated food waiting for you to arrive. Did not do dinner buffet but understand that beer and wine is included in the reasonable buffet price.
Nice concept of 32 degrees bar. Nice selection of beer. Casino easy to navigate, though there were some problems with all the machines accepting tickets when I was there. New yes, glitches yes,overall will return to try pool and wine bar.

5  Thank moonkwean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Enterprise
South Point Hotel
South Point Hotel
#40 of 264 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#13 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!