“Perfect getaway”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at the M hotel from May 30th to June 1st. If I would have known how wonderful it was I would have stayed longer. The first thing you notice is the lightly scented aroma everywhere you go....very subtle but exotic and welcoming. I was amazed at space between the banks of slot machines in the casino. I finally felt like I wasn't sitting in a strangers lap when I played. My room was beautiful with excellent appointments. The bed was incredible and the bathroom was spotless and beautiful. I ate at the deli and had one of the best burgers ever although everything else was great too. I highly recommend this hotel even if it's just a day trip to get away from the strip.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place is perfect for about a 3 night getaway. It is an incredible resort. The deli has great food and a wide variety (fish n chips, burgers, chicken, subs). That is where we ended up eating all of our meals, as there was never any reason to go anywhere else. the line to the buffet was always long. i knew they were supposedly the #1 buffet, they have to find a better way to get the line thru quicker.

The room was truly impressive. Not that big of a tv but definitely sufficient. The view was just crazy, push a button and the screen comes up and the drapes go away and overlooking the pool and in the distance, the strip. crazy nice shower, bathroom/sinks and tub. the beds were very comfortable.

The pool looked great. We walked out by it but never got in.

I was disappointed that wifi wasn't included even though at the front desk we were told it was free. when we logged on we had to choose an option of 15 bucks a day. i understand there are costs to them having it, but if you are away from the strip you need to be providing it and if you have to raise the price 5 bucks a night to cover it.

there is a shuttle to the strip, but it is very limited in capacity and it drops off way on the north side of the strip - unless you are there pretty early you wont get a spot on it and if it is not close to where you want to go,there is no point to it. about a 35-45 buck cab ride.

for the casino part, the dealers seemed pretty friendly. the table games are not usually busy, if you play a different game like let it ride its not always available, just later in the day.

the sports book was very nice, had enough action going and plenty of tvs and chairs.

the 32 degree sports bar was alright, sometimes the service was slow. and one time we were passing thru and the bartender charged us a few bucks for a coke. i was thinking, seriously , we have spent how much $ in here and you're charging us for a non alcoholic drink? Ridiculous.

Despite a few negatives i mentioned, it was nit-picky and overall the place is great. i would definitely come back especially for a short trip, if i didn't care about going to the strip.

Room Tip: ask for room with pool/strip view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ohioguy0301
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed at the M Resort in May 2014 for two nights on business. What a pleasant surprise. The rooms were immaculate - not only was it nicely appointed with every amenity today's traveler has come to expect, including complimentary WiFi, but the level of cleanliness was among the highest of any hotel that I've been to. Hardly gambled at all but the casino, again, like the rest of the hotel, was remarkable clean and a higher level of clientele than you see at other Vegas Casinos. Got to the pool briefly and it was a pleasant atmosphere - not the scene that you see at other places - ate at the deli and the food was terrific and walked through the Buffet to see what was on the menu and it looked quite expansive. As others note, the hotel is far from the Strip - but if you're only going to be in Vegas a short while and have no need to be at the heart of Vegas, the M is a terrific place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is gorgeous! Luxury abounds, from the hotel lobby to the rooms. Nice big comfy beds, spacious bathrooms and a nice deep tub. The only real downfall this hotel had was that the pool area closes at 7:00 p.m. every night. This means you can't use the hot tub. After a long travel day, I was looking forward to a good soak in the hot tub. Not the same thing but I did use the tub in my hotel room instead. I did find out however, that this is common practice in Las Vegas and all the hotels shut down their pool area between 7 and 8. Not sure why that is.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed here on June 8, 2014 and was given a room on the 10th floor, overlooking the lights on the strip. Absolutely beautiful! The room was spacious, a nice sized bathroom with a walk-in shower and a huge tub. My husband was impressed with the small TV in the bathroom mirror. We had the car valet parked ($5) to ensure safekeeping of our belongings and tipped the guy who delivered our luggage ($5). When we were ready to leave in the morning, our luggage was picked up and taken down to valet parking where our car was ready for us. All in all a wonderful stay! While the hotel is further down the strip, it made for a nice view of the lights at night. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I was here for a business meeting and the hotel really is gorgeous. Big hallways, gorgeous meeting rooms, and great staff surround you at every turn.
However, the location is so far from the beaten path that I'm not sure many will ever see it. Vegas may build out to the M eventually, but for now it's too far from town.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron H
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked a one night stay here on Saturday June 7th for $175. The rest of the week I had already booked at Encore so this was a last minute change to our trip. Check-in was quick, but once we got to our room i saw they gave us 2 queen beds rather than the king I had reserved. The check-in person didn't mention this to me of course. Then I went to turn on the TV and discovered we had no remote. I called down to the front desk and they had someone send up a remote right away, but when i mentioned that there were 2 queen beds and not the king i reserved she just told me they were sold out tonight and room type is not guaranteed. There's no way this entire hotel was sold out so I assume they close certain floors down completely to save expenses. Not a big deal, but aggravating. Food at Fusion was good, not great, but good. The next morning we went down to the pool (which doesn't open until 9 am) and were told we could not enter because we did not have photo ID with us only our room key. I've never been to any hotel anywhere that needed photo ID in addition to your room key to enter. This would have been good to know before we walked all the way down there. So we went back to our room, packed up, and headed to Encore early. Upon mentioning this at check-out I was told that yes, you need your ID to enter because they let locals use the pool for a fee. OK????? But I had my room key, apparently that's not enough. Would have been nice to know ahead of time or nice of someone apologized, OR if they let us in and said next time just bring your ID as well. For $175 I suggest staying on the strip. I expected a bit better from this resort. The room itself was ok, starting to show some wear but overall nice enough. The bed wasn't great though. Nowhere near the caliber of Wynn/Encore/Bellagio/Cosmo etc. I would consider this a 2nd tier resort by Vegas standards. Casino was nice, clean, and big enough.

Room Tip: Overpriced for what you get, make sure you bring photo ID and pool key if you want to use the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stguesser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Enterprise
South Point Hotel
South Point Hotel
#40 of 264 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!