“Horrible experience”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Let me first start by saying I never write bad reviews for anything and I never complain. That being said I would never stay at the M resort again. It first started when we wanted to check in at 4 PM and are room looking towards the strip was not ready. Saying check in is 3 to 5 when I was told it was at 3. I said ok since the "resort" was not close to the strip anyways and the room would be 20$ cheaper looking at the mountains. After it gave them my debit card they then told me I would have to pay an additional 150$ for a security deposit! I was already paying 322$ for the room now they wanted to add 150$ for a deposit I was never told about. I said fine again as this was for New Years and figured finding another hotel would be a hassle I didn't want to deal with.

Now we go up to the room, and the casino and hotel do look very nice so that is the one advantage this place had going for it. The room was nice and it was clean so no complaints there. While we were in the room the bathroom has a TV in it was well but did not work. I called and let the front desk know and that is all that was done.

After we settled in for a bit we decided to go down and grab something to eat before we went to the strip. We went down to Anthony's burgers at the front of the casino just past the front desk. After getting seated by the manager, we were left for dead and did not get service until I had to go ask for service. That took 15 minutes for us to get some water and greeted. By the way they were not busy. I talked to the manager who seemed to think it was not a big deal introduced are waiter and never came back to the table to check in on us again. They did offer a free dessert at the end of the meal which we did not take advantage of.

So now we go down to the strip and take a taxi since it is New Years and we knew we would drink. I asked when I called how much a taxi would run me and they replied about 20-25$. That is not true at all. The price it took to get us there and back 1 time was 80$ that is not including a tip. Also that is nt to the Wynn or anywhere far down the strip that was to Mandalay Bay.

Finally the night is over and we wake up and we check out. I see a manager and tell him I was really disappointed with are stay. He replies back "well I'm sorry about that". The whole time I was at this resort I feel that they did not take me seriously because of our age. I am 25 and like to spend a lot of money trust me I will not be spending any more of my money here.

Please take my advise and stay somewhere else it is not worth the hassle dealing with the management that do not seem to care about customer service.

8  Thank Andrew T

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in December. While the staff, rooms & food were really great - my room had the TV in the bathroom as well as the bedroom - if you do not like gambling, you are really stuck. The hotel contains > 92,000 sq ft of Casino space that includes most of the restaurants. Warning to those sensitive to cigarette smoke, because it is allowed in public places & you will encounter it as you go through the casino to restaurants. The fitness area charges a daily fee; but is only open until 7 pm. Coming from the Eastern time zone, I could have really used a coffee maker in the room (which there isn't) since I was awake in the early hours waiting for something to open. There are no trails or garden paths to walk or run around next to the hotel. I walked around the parking lot. So, while this hotel did not work that well for me, I know that my business colleagues who did gamble had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We waited for 2 hours for the buffet and it was really worth the wait! The crab legs and prime rib were just an appetizer (and delicious) had many many other entrees to taste, and we topped it all off with some amazing delicious gelato!!! Also the waiter Yoan from Cuba was so attentive and kept the table clean and the drinks fresh . The coffee and the wine was great too and we didn't have to pay extra fo the drinks....this was the best food I've ever had at a buffet in Vegas by far!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

On my way to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, I need somewhere to stay in Vegas. My good friends live in Henderson, so they suggested the M. It has all the luxury of a 4-star Vegas resort without the d-bags and frat boys. The food was excellent, especially at Anthony's. And the "Hostile Grape" was a quiet little highlight--one of the best wine bars I've ever experienced. Great selections! Also, check out the Spa--very clean, low-key and relaxing. Nice to know I don't have to avoid Vegas anymore. Really superb staff and customer service. The best! Oh, and for those who care, it's off the strip, just over the Henderson line. Very close to the action, but still quieter than that mess down the road. P.S. I had my first cronut at the bakery. Very scary.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Food excellent. Buffet the best in town. Bakery has cronuts ... Yummy. The comps, in my opinion, the best anywhere. Drinks are outstanding. Cocktail servers friendly, beautiful, and always around. Cage employees professional and friendly too. Was very impressed with Paul (customer service) remembers our names and always greets us when he sees us. Hell, have a hard time remembering my name at times. Rooms have great view and layout. However, miss the poker room (only negative thing). Come to Vegas often and always tell my friends to go here. Oh... Slot machines are great too. Outside the casino looks like a office building but don't be fooled it is solid class inside.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here last week and after we checked in we found a staff worker at our door delivering chocolate covered strawberries and sticks......it was our 33rd anniversary! What a first class gesture from the M Resort!!!! I have been coming here since they first opened. They have beautiful rooms, Big and so classy, a fun casino, great bars and one of the best buffets in town. The staff are always friendly and willing to help you in any way possible. To us this is a 5 star Resort and always a pleasure to come to.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful. Some face the strip 10 miles down, and at night they are beautiful to l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I concur with the majority of the reviews, the hotel is pretty nice.

I would rate our room pretty high as it has electronic push button room shades as well as push button electric bathroom privacy bathtub shade.
The hotel is contemporary, hence the rooms have expansive glass picture windows, as the bathroom does. Pretty neat!

Full mini-bar.
Great hidden closet space.
COMFY beds & linens (the best part)....slept like a brick! Nice!!!

The hit of a switch turns your exterior illuminated "do not disturb" panel on!

What's not to love!? One thing we would NOT repeat, Studio B (buffet ) absolutely undeniably does NOT warrant the hefty price tag! Below average at best!

Crab legs-looked like toothpicks (thin).

Filet Mignon- stuffed with (???) who cares when it does not work, horrible taste. Waste of a great cut of beef :/

Mexican & Thai stations were just okay...not $40 plus dollars great! Far from authentic on any level. After a 2 hour wait line we it was a horrible let down :/

For a tastier higher end quality buffet check out Green Valley Resort & Spa...to boot it's 1/2 the price.

Wanted to add our Studio B experience unto our hotel review as it was the "ONLY" negative experience we had at the M.

Highly recommend!!!

Mussels- cold.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#13 of 263 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!