“Maganificentaly AWESOME”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
San Gabriel, California, United States
“Maganificentaly AWESOME”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was amazing when I first walked in through the DOOR! The smell did not smell like smoke one bit. I was glad about that because the smell of smoke just makes me feel sick. When I was at the M it was so fabulous. I loved Anthony's, a fancy smancy place for lobster and shrimp cocktails and others. It was fabu, the lobster were cooked just right, Shrimp Cocktails come with 4 shrimps, but they're big. Vig Deli = Vig Delicious, the wings there are really good, and the hot dog isn't bad either, just an average Deli, but better. Baby Cakes was like a normal Bakery, but good service and good goodies. The former restaurant (it's closed) Veloce was really good, but I'll miss it. It had the best view of all of the places in the M. StudioB Buffet, MMM MMM MMM, so good, so many choices I had to go back for tenths, it's just that the lines are long and sometimes the food might be a bit cold but besides that it's fab. The rooms, REALLY clean, new, and the best part about it is the TV IN THE BATHROOM!! The rooms really depend on which one you get. The highest I got is the Loft suite and it's FABU. The others are good, really good, it's SOO CLEAN. Highlights: Good food, OK service, clean look and clean rooms
Flaws: Location is like 10-15 minutes + optional traffic away from the strip, needs a sushi place (Veloce, the former sushi place closed).

Room Tip: Try to get a host or upgrade, I'd also recommend looking for good deals on their websites.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The M is a fair distance from the strip (free shuttle service) which makes for a much more relaxed and peaceful stay, with the strip accessible if you feel you can't live without the tackiness.

Very nice new hotel with big rooms and good facilities. I'm not really a gamer so I can't comment on the quality of the casino but seemed fine to my untrained eye. Good restaurants, good service and nice pool area.

If you're heading to the canyon then the M is very handy for the Henderson airstrip.

Room Tip: Two choices, "mountain view" and "strip view". I went for strip view as it was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank steved_scotland
Emmett, Idaho
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at the M Resort and Casino for two nights-a beautiful resort with every imaginable amenity. The rooms are much larger than those on the Las Vegas strip, beautifully appointed with super comfortable beds, a large bathroom, large screed television in the living room and one to boot in the bathroom. Everything smells fresh and new (it is a fairly new resort) and friendly efficient staff to assist you with whatever you need. We ate at the buffet---the choices are endless to satisfy the palate of the most discriminating customer (salads, meat stations, pasta, sushi, soups....and the list goes on and on) and complimentary wines/beer throughout your dining experience. The casino area is large with a variety of gambling denominations for all kinds of gamblers and (is it my good luck or what) much looser than the strip. A truly enjoyable experience and worth the extra drive to find this Jewel in the Desert. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is located at the very end of South Las Vegas Blvd. and you will need a car if you intend...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gpkai2003
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was invited to a video poker tournament, called the number, left a message that I would be interested in attending. Lady calls me back and leaves message on my phone that I am confirmed for this tournament, Part of the offer was 3 complimentary nights at the hotel but when we arrived there, there was no reservation in my name or my husbands, then they proceeded to tell me that I could rent the room at their casino rate and that the reason that I did not have a reservation was that I had to make the reservations myself. I thought that was part of the offer. the offer did not state that, so we didn't stay because I was able to get comped at the New York, New York for 3 nights. I think I will stay with M-life rewards from now on, they are the best. I won't be going back to the M-Resort anytime soon because they are rude and incompetent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My first time at this hotel and loved it! Away from the craziness of the strip and mid aged people rather than the crazy younger ones. Nice and clean rooms. Loved laying out at the pool! Not crowded and you do not feel like you have to compete with the younger crowd. Great overall experience!

Room Tip: Higher strip view rooms are going to be the best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a free 2 nights stay sent to us in the mail... So glad we came. The entire property was awesome. Great staff. Rooms were really new and cool. They give you $5 for food or the spa if you don't want the housekeeping. Great food options on the resort. Casino was nice and clean. Our whole experience was great. It's a nice place to relax from the hustle bustle of the strip.

Note: not located close to the strip but offer shuttle service to and from. No charge.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Il
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed at the M Resort and Spa several times, and it is always wonderful. The rooms are clean, fresh, comfortable and quiet. We didn't have much of a view, rooftop with a peek at the strip, but we didn't care. The rooms were comped; one in my name, on in my husbands, and one in my brother's, so we had 3 rooms. They kept us on the same floor which was nice. The bathrooms are clean and spacious. Love the hot water- as soon as you turn it on, it's HOT!! Pretty cool, and I love not wasting water, especially in the desert~ The toiletries are SO NICE. They are the best of anywhere we were; Caesars, Wynn, Mirage to name a few. We were right next to the elevator, and heard nothing the whole stay. The casino was clean, quiet and fun, with plenty of waitresses with free drinks. The gambling was pretty even all over; I can't say one was much better than the others. They have several great places to eat here, and we hit quite a few this trip. Hash House, Buffet, Burger place, several bars. All were very good, and our food was comped. We have stayed in LV at many, many places, and this is one of the best. We don't miss the strip at all, but we have seen everything we want to see. We golf during the day, so we find the M perfectly positioned for our trip to Primm. I cannot recommend this place highly enough; we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: I don't think the M has a bad room. If you like to look out the window, make sure and ask for a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#12 of 262 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 262 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 262 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!