“Outstanding Resort”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
CA
“Outstanding Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My first stay here and it was outstanding! Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. I loved the oversized jacuzzi tub with the glass partition that looked out to the room. The dinner buffet was the best $25 I spent. So many choices, and beer and wine was included. The pool was already closed for the season but it looked amazing. The wine cellar was the hidden gem of this property. 160 bottles of wine by the glass! The cellar was like a nightclub with neon purple lights, comfy couches and great music. The spa was so luxurious! I had a fantastic massage and enjoyed the steam room and hot tubs. The cranberry pineapple tea is my new favorite refreshment. The fitness center was clean and well-stocked with water, towels and fruit. I don't have enough good things to say about this resort; I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank erzsikeCa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great location and besides the beautiful outdoor pool,the Gym is a must visit.Its nice and clean.Free bottled water and fruits.I mean I always get me a banana for the Gym out there its part of the experience.

Room Tip: Their rooms have a great view and mostly sunny.I would choose a higher floor one for less A/C unit n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

The M Spa is so AAHH! The staff is friendly and extremely considerate. The spa is beautiful and spotlessly clean. This is a great place to spend a wonderful, relaxing day! And there are discounts for locals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharit1000
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here the weekend we got married. Beautiful Property, too bad the staff was misinformed on a few items. Pool was closed for a private party our first night there. Buffet was fabulous for the price but breakfast was a bit overpriced. Rooms were awesome; beds were very comfortable. I would go back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the M Resort after reading quite a few good reviews on this site and wanted to share a review of my personal experience. Below, I have broken up my review into individual categories so that readers of this review may focus on what is important to them.

*** Location ***

It should be no surprise that this hotel is located far away from the strip. This can be both good and bad. I viewed it in a positive fashion as it allowed me to get away from the (sometimes) overwhelming nature of the strip. Some may view the location in a negative fashion as you will more than likely need to rent a car if you plan on going anywhere outside of the hotel. There was mention in other reviews about a shuttle service. If such a service existed, I cannot comment on it as I rented a car. Even with having to rent a car, I was not bothered by the location. I traveled back and forth to the Bellagio each day for a conference and was able to make it in about 20 minutes each way (using I-15 which is located about half a mile from Las Vegas Boulevard and runs the entire length of the strip).

*** Customer Service ***

Overall, the staff at this hotel was extremely pleasant. It seems like I read other reviews indicating that the staff was rude. Those that feel this way must have encountered staff on an off day. Anytime I had a question about something, the staff was (mostly) willing to assist. I say mostly because I did run into one issue that I felt was not adequately taken care of (see the section on rooms for further information).

*** Rooms ***

The rooms and hallways to the rooms were immaculate. My understanding is that this hotel is only three years old so perhaps this is why. The rooms have either a view of the strip (which might be nice after dark) on the north side or a view of the mountains on the south side. My room faced the mountains. It was a nice view but I didn't spend too much time admiring the view. My only complaint about the room was that there was this annoying *clicking* sound that appeared to coming from somewhere in the wall. I am the type of person that once I fall asleep a freight train wouldn't wake but any sound such as this *clicking* sound will prevent me from falling asleep easily. I mentioned this to the front desk staff. They indicated that they would check it out. Either they didn't check it out or were unable to figure out what was causing it because it persisted throughout the entire stay and I did not receive any contact on this issue from any of the hotel staff after initially reporting it.

*** Dining ***

I didn't dine at all of the restaurants so I can only comment on a couple of them (the buffet and the burger bar). The food at the buffet was very good. A few locals that assisted me during travel asked where I was staying. When I told them where I was staying, each of them mentioned that the buffet was very good. The burger and fries I had at the burger bar were quite tasty as well (and very filling). It may have been a bit pricey ($21.00 after tip) but there is not much in Las Vegas that is not cheap. In an attempt to *go green*, this hotel offers a five dollar coupon for each day you do not request new towels for your room. It's not much but it will save a few bucks. This may not work well for multiple people in one room but it worked well for me since I was by myself.

*** Shopping ***

I don't recall seeing a lot of shopping options which is fine with me. I also don't utilize the spas at any hotels so I cannot comment on this either.

*** Casino ***

Despite losing some money here, I will try to provide an objective review. As with the rooms and other areas of the hotel, the casino was very well maintained. Also, it was not full of smoke (a bonus in my opinion). The cheapest blackjack tables I found all week were ten dollar tables, which is a bit much for me when all I can seem to do is lose. I had never tried craps before so I tried this and they had five dollar craps tables all week (even on Friday evening when the minimums go up at other places). If you are one that likes to avoid the casinos, I found that you can actually get in and out of your room without ever setting foot in the casino here. I parked in the west lot each day and entered on the ground (spa) floor. The casino is located on the next floor up from here.

*** Other ***

This hotel does not charge a resort fee. However, they do charge $15 each day for use of internet service and $15 each day for use of the gym. Most will probably be fine with this but it is important to be aware of. I thought there was a bit of a snafu with the internet service. I was supposed to get complimentary service with my booking through Orbitz. When I tried to access the service, it appears that I was going to be charged for the service by the hotel. After a few phone calls, this appeared to have been taken care of (at least I hope).

*** Summary ***

In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel. In fact, if I return to Las Vegas in the future, I will definitely give this hotel another look, especially if I get the same low rate that I got this time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JuryRigged0001
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been guest of this wonderful establishment since it opened. We have loved every stay and almost never have any issues, which is saying alot. It's home away from home.

There are a lot of things I appreciate here, like the wonderful floral smell as you enter. It does'nt have a smelly odor like most casinos. The buffet is always good. We can ALWAYS count on a good meal there. We've been so often we know some of the cook staff.

The Steak House Resturant (Anthony's), has the best steak I have EVER tasted and one of my favorite things to do there is visit the wine cellar (The Hostile Grape). There is good music and I'm not kidding, the BEST wine I've ever tasted. I'm not a alcohol person, so thankfully there was an expert ( we'll just call him a wine-ologist) to help me find the right wine for me. Hundreds of wines to choose from. It was fun.

The rooms are always neat and clean, "ALWAYS" and the staff is very, very nice and helpful.

The spa is nice also. Its really top notch. Even the gym is nice with really good quality equipment.

My sister and I come here every October for our birthday and this last visit we mentioned it at check in. Moments after arriving to our room, a nice tray of chocolate covered Stawberries with a big happy birthday written across the plate. That was very thoughtful and welcoming.

Baby Cakes Bakery is the best. My ritual is early in the AM, hit the gym then Baby Cakes and read the paper or a magazine with a pastry and fresh coffee or tea. Ahhhhh yes, it is very relaxing.

We prefer to stay here everytime we visit Vegas. It is truly our Home away from Home.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank csthreatt
Encino, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you are looking for a beautiful resort with beautiful rooms AWAY from the strip, the M is great. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous and spacious. The staff is pleasant and friendly. Their buffet, although a little more expensive than most, is fabulous and includes all you can drink wine and beer for lunch and dinner. The good and the bad of the place is it's distance from the strip. Even though they have shuttles to the strip, it's not an easy place to stay without a car. If you WANT to be away from the hustle and bustle, it's perfect!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!