“Relax In Vegas”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Edmonton, Canada
“Relax In Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I really enjoyed my week at the M Hotel this past summer. I was there with my son, his wife and granddaughter as the Granny Nanny and found the facilities inviting and the staff accommodating. It was truly relaxing at the pool and our rooms were very clean and comfortable. The food options offered at the buffet was the best I have ever experienced. The other food venues were affordable and a nice option. My daughter in law loved her Spa Day. The baby and I slept peacefully in our quiet room while my son and wife were at the casino at night. All our needs were met at the M.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bamachula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Outstanding Casino and Spa. Food is absolutely outstanding. Baby Cakes Bakery delicious.
Very clean run Casino. Will definitely be back. Our room was clean and the bathroom facilities
sparkled. Great place to stay when in Henderson, NV. 5 Stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank I S
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

In June, as we were staying on The Strip, we heard about the M Hotel and Casino, 8 miles south on Las Vegas Blvd. in Henderson (you can't tell where Las Vegas ends and Henderson begins..). We drove there to check it out...gambled a bit, had a niced buffet lunch...we were very impressed with this clean, nice, big casino off the Strip. Upon returning home, we started receiving the usual coupon mailings, and for our October trip decided to give the M Hotel a try...two free nights with a coupon, and we'd pay for the other two nights. We arrived late on Monday October 8 and checked in...and encountered our one and only hiccup of the week...no King Rooms left. We accepted a Double Room with the promise of a King Room in the morning. Arriving in the room we were impressed with how clean and comfortable it was, with a great bathroom, bathtub with a spectacular view of the Strip (yep, right from the bathtub!), and 42" flat screen on the wall. Slept well in the VERY comfortable bed.
Next day, sure enough we had a King Room waiting for us at noon. After a 5 minute move (same floor) we had our King Room (very spacious) for the rest of our stay. We gambled at the casino, drove to the Strip a couple of times, saw some shows, did the Vegas Thing, all the while based out of the M. And we were VERY happy with the stay. Checking out on Friday, we stopped by the VIP office, met our personal concierge Cathleen, and were promptly comp'd the other two nights! That sealed the deal -- we'll be coming back to the M, using it as our home base for our semi-annual Vegas trips from now on! No, you can't walk to those overpriced Strip hotels, but if you have a car it's an easy drive. Try the M Spa and Casino -- you will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: Two sides -- one with a view of the mountians (OK), the other a view of The Strip (fantastic at nigh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Geotype
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

M Resort is on par with any four or five star hotel on the Strip. I stayed here for one night before catching an early flight. I had booked a King Mountain View room and was upgraded to a high floor Strip view upon check-in. Beautiful room and bathroom, comfortable bed, great views. I was very disappointed that I was only there for one night and did not have an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants and other amenities.

While this hotel is on Las Vegas Blvd it is NOT on the Strip, it is several miles to the south of any Strip hotel. A trip to the strip will require a car, shuttle or taxi. When in Vegas I prefer to stay off the strip and away from the mega hotels so this was not a problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aashleyjc
Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room was clean and housekeeping did a great job! The Spa is really nice and so is the salon. Karen gives a great massage and puts you to sleep. Danielle was a good hair stylist.
Babycakes has great cupcakes and coffee. The M Buffet always good. Saturday nites they also have champagne at dinner. Hash House not great service and their iced tea was horrible.
Check in and check out was good. Did have to go down because we had 2 promotions and they locked us out. Also had to call for the door not locking but someone came up pretty quick after the maid called down. Didn't care for the Deli their take on a club sandwich was not quite what we liked. Slots were not paying from our experience and other guests agreed.
I would stay here again. Short drive to strip.

Our room was close to elevator with no noise issues. View of strip was nice.
I did find people working not having the knowledge of other areas. I wish people would find out instead of giving no answer or the wrong ones.

Off topic: Found slots at Stratoshphere, Cosmo, TI and Wynn paying this trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brannie
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I came here on a free offer and received horrible service. Complaining did not help. Was treated poorly and was insulted. Will NOT return ever again. I have stayed at all the hotels in Vegas over the last 37 years. Spend your money elsewhere. This place is also very isolated and away from everything. Went to nearby South Point and was much happier. It was also closer to the strip. Management at the M did not care about my concerns...could not even get my room cleaned by 11 pm. There are many other nicer and cheaper hotels. Don't waste your time here

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank MileHiLor
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is top notch. It was my first trip to Vegas and I would go back to this hotel. It's nice to be away from the Strip's 24 hours of craziness. Definitely rent a car if you stay here because it's hard to get a taxi (see the last part of my review below).
We booked a few months in advance and got a really great rate.
Restaurants are very good but a bit pricey.
Guest rooms are large, spacious, well decorated, and the bathrooms are all marble with a large shower and tub.

Here is the part I'd like to warn others about, my interactions with the staff when trying to get information:
I rated the staff knowledge low due to FOUR separate occasions of being told completely inaccurate information.
1. At check in I was told by a member of the staff that the main pool was closed for the season and we would have to use the smaller private pool in the spa during our stay. This was not true, it was closed for the day due to a private event.
2. I was told on numerous occasions that since my reservation included free internet service (booked through Priceline) that it would not even show up on the bill because "they would see it and have it removed". Low and behold, when I went to check out of the room there was an internet charge for $14.99 on my bill. Because of this, I had to wait in line at the front desk in order to get it fixed.
3. I called on Saturday morning around 6:45am to make a reservation for the Hash House. I was told to call back after 7am because the restaurant was not yet open. So I called back and was transferred to the restaurant. After someone very rudely answered the phone with "hello" as if he was being bothered, he told me that they do not accept reservations on Saturdays. If I had known this from my first phone call I would not have wasted my time to call back after they opened.
4. And perhaps the most egregious...My flight home was late Sunday night. Around 7pm I called the front desk to inquire about a taxi. I was told that "we have taxis waiting out front all the time, 24 hours a day". I went downstairs to go to the airport and found NO TAXIS and after being shuffled around amongst the valet staff as no one wanted to take responsibility (including being told by one of them that he would call the taxi service right away yet I never saw him pick up the phone) I was told there was a 45 minute wait for a taxi and that due to the location "they could not make a taxi come there to pick someone up". Luckily I had family at the hotel who were able to drive me to the airport but this VERY LARGE oversight could have made me miss my flight home.
All of the staff was extremely nice and attentive; however, I am not sure if they are properly trained on what is ACTUALLY going on at the hotel. If I return to this property I will have previous knowledge of how things work but I pity anyone who doesn't know that what they are being told might not be the truth.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators. Even on the 2nd floor I had a great view overlooking the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!