“Amazing hotel but beware of information given by staff!!”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is top notch. It was my first trip to Vegas and I would go back to this hotel. It's nice to be away from the Strip's 24 hours of craziness. Definitely rent a car if you stay here because it's hard to get a taxi (see the last part of my review below).
We booked a few months in advance and got a really great rate.
Restaurants are very good but a bit pricey.
Guest rooms are large, spacious, well decorated, and the bathrooms are all marble with a large shower and tub.

Here is the part I'd like to warn others about, my interactions with the staff when trying to get information:
I rated the staff knowledge low due to FOUR separate occasions of being told completely inaccurate information.
1. At check in I was told by a member of the staff that the main pool was closed for the season and we would have to use the smaller private pool in the spa during our stay. This was not true, it was closed for the day due to a private event.
2. I was told on numerous occasions that since my reservation included free internet service (booked through Priceline) that it would not even show up on the bill because "they would see it and have it removed". Low and behold, when I went to check out of the room there was an internet charge for $14.99 on my bill. Because of this, I had to wait in line at the front desk in order to get it fixed.
3. I called on Saturday morning around 6:45am to make a reservation for the Hash House. I was told to call back after 7am because the restaurant was not yet open. So I called back and was transferred to the restaurant. After someone very rudely answered the phone with "hello" as if he was being bothered, he told me that they do not accept reservations on Saturdays. If I had known this from my first phone call I would not have wasted my time to call back after they opened.
4. And perhaps the most egregious...My flight home was late Sunday night. Around 7pm I called the front desk to inquire about a taxi. I was told that "we have taxis waiting out front all the time, 24 hours a day". I went downstairs to go to the airport and found NO TAXIS and after being shuffled around amongst the valet staff as no one wanted to take responsibility (including being told by one of them that he would call the taxi service right away yet I never saw him pick up the phone) I was told there was a 45 minute wait for a taxi and that due to the location "they could not make a taxi come there to pick someone up". Luckily I had family at the hotel who were able to drive me to the airport but this VERY LARGE oversight could have made me miss my flight home.
All of the staff was extremely nice and attentive; however, I am not sure if they are properly trained on what is ACTUALLY going on at the hotel. If I return to this property I will have previous knowledge of how things work but I pity anyone who doesn't know that what they are being told might not be the truth.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators. Even on the 2nd floor I had a great view overlooking the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for M Resort Spa Casino

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding, and found the hotel quite pleasant. Service and housekeeping were great. Although, if you have kids, the rooms may not give you the privacy needed at times. There is a big window in the bathroom looking out in the room. It does have a powered shade that comes down with a push of the button however there are gaps. Also, the glass doors in the toilet, and shower don't bode well for sharing the bathroom.

I found the beds very firm and uncomfortable, and the TV did not have a very good picture. Was very fuzzy.

The casino and the restaurants were very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed on the Strip but rented a car for the express purpose of visiting M. I don't know whether we hit the casino on the right day or whether our experience was the norm, but we found the slots there the loosest of all the casinos we visited. And M also had the greatest variety of slots. Earning 300 slot points entitles you to a free lunch buffet. It was not at all difficult to earn the 300 points. The buffet was so good I would have paid for it without complaint. It's very different from other buffets in line arrangement, food variety and entertainment. Yes, I said entertainment. While dining you are entertained with a constantly shifting array of scenes projected high up on the walls. Though we stayed most of the day, we still regretted leaving. The only drawback to the casino is that it's far off the Strip. Even so, I would consider staying there the next time I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank smr76
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I recently checked in to The M after a very unpleasant experience at another hotel. The people at the M from the front desk, to the valets, to maintainence me, waiters, waitresses etc . went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful and just plain nice and friendly. We have no complaints about the quality of the room, restaurants, casino or spa. go and enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We walked in the lobby on Sept. 15th at 3:30 pm with advanced room reservations for a King room. The clerk told us they did not have a king room, but only queen beds. We told her we made a room reservation for a king room. She said “Just because you have a reservation for a king room does not mean you will get one”. We told her to cancel our room and walked out. This forced us to scramble at the last minute to find a hotel in Vegas (on a Saturday night) that did have a king room. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

8  Thank jetbiker
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I would like to start this report by saying that i have stayed in Vegas in 10 or more hotels in the last 6 years for either business or pleasure as well as working in the travel industry and staying in above 100 hotels worldwide in 4 years or so . So i believe i have a good understanding in quality and services provided by hotels of all levels and standards .

This place is a hidden gem for Europeans and Americans a like as this is off strip hotel and isn't particular advertised around in Europe and perhaps in the USA .However the hotel is around 10 miles/16k from the strips mayhem but please don't let this put you off , the reason i say mayhem is that if you haven't been to Vegas before then you will soon appreciate what i mean especially on the strip , Thursday thru to Saturdays with all the hassle and bustle including the flickers( why o why do they do it) , perhaps there is business for them for certain people . However if you wish to stay at a first class hotel with all the amenities available at only the top class hotels around the world then this is the the place for you , as i stated before this is a real hidden gem , and if you wish to go to the strip they provide a free shuttle service to the fashion mall opposite the Wynn and also a free shuttle service to the airport (subject to timetables they have ) .I would also like to thank All of the staff at the m resort for my stay with friends that we persuaded to come to the m resort instead of the Wynn hotel. What a great stay we had and incredible feel to a local yet exclusive [hotel is is .Below is what i rate all the facilities that are at the m resort including eateries and recommendations .but before that,I would also like a to mention persons who have made mine and my wife's along with my friends stay absolute fantastic on out last stay at the m resort . Great thanks , especially to Cathleen Regalado for a fantastic service as a host at the m resort and Richar Fitoussir who was amazing and a fabulous guy to meet and vp of gaming , What a credit to the m resort they are , if your thinking about gambling at the m resort then these people will help in any way they can to provide the service form a top hotel casino establishment , Richar i found to be pleasant and professional and accommodating far more than another other casino's in the las Vegas area , He has also devised an new roulette game that is unique to the m resort and that you can win at odds of 1200-1 , this guy is very astute and has great vision too ( double wheels on one roulette table with odds of 1200-1 unbelievable and it pays too )

1) Hotel 5 star (but rated 4 , why i really don't know why )
2) Rooms immaculate
3) Food , many restaurants , some independent , but all above par including buffet
4) Drinks and service fantastic , although tractor bar has cheaper bottled drinks(hash and go)
4 Gaming machines generous especially the hangover game and batman
5) poker , full of locals yet cheep and great fun
6) Gaming tables , good and easy to place bets without the hassle to get to a table (win or loss depends on your luck )
7) Clientele is locals 70% , all good people,
8) Internet you need to get a package unless you have to pay the resort fee for internet for it $12+
9) Gym great facilities , again need to be incorporated in your package or its $25 a day
9) Shuttle service , to the fashion mall every 4 hrs use to be 1hr then 2hr after the 2nd year
10) Shuttle service to the airport every hours (please check though0
11) Swimming pool, is fantastic.
12)Spa fab and great service and price

now for concerns as a guest

Shuttle service to the strip used to be every 1hr then changed to 2hr now 4hrs , this is not that good all although you can work around it if needed (taxi approx $45 dollars including tip)

Pool, very big disappointment , not the pool its self and the surroundings are beautiful , but , why o why do you open this year at 10:00am where all other hotels including the strip open at either 8 am or 9 am ?

Cabanas and daybeds , all empty , never offered any through our stay at any rate ? . if not filled by 12:00am , why don't you ask clients if they want them at a rate ?

Bar top level closed down , and now open for weddings and other functions, why as this happened as it was one of the highlights of the m resort with a strip view where all people wither working there of locals or guest would congregate together.

Players club should go international ,. although i have spoken to Richar/Cathleen on this matter and due to restrictions in Europe it isn't possible at the moment but perhaps la

Great stay, Great rooms < Great people . recommended 5++++++++

Room Tip: Any all are Great (5 star)
3  Thank bossey
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We did not stay here but we did visit this casino and hit their lunch buffet. One of the best and resonable buffets, loved it. Beer and wine is offerred with the buffett, OMG!!!!!

The casino itself is nice and smells fresh. The pool area is beautiful. Loved it and would come back and maybe stay here. It is off the strip though!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
ARIA Resort & Casino
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!