“perfect for family visit to vegas, off strip, but enough vegas for parents”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hotel is off the strip, new, modern, and very hip...the pool area was lively with action from table card games, red bikini waitresses, generous poolside cocktails, concerts after 8, rockin DJ during day, gorgeous people, and yet friendly modest enough for young kids. There was also an adults only pool nearby. This pool was definitely the land of beautiful people. Shallow areas for kids, nice lounger chairs in the water, definitely the best place to be when it is 100 degrees. The towels are thick. The rooms are ample size. The buffet is pricy, but amazing food including oxtail soup, bamboo seared salmon, the variety and choices do not disappoint. The spa for a facial, mani, pedi was $200. There is a clothing optional single sex sauna, whirlpool section. This hotel resort does not skimp on anything, amazing quality off the strip. Had just the right amount of vegas without going over board. i never had to cover my eyes or eyes of those around me. Good balance.

Room Tip: Ask for specials

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Anthony Steak House and Marinelli's Italian Restaurant in the M Resort have some of the best "high end" food in town. I have dined at most of the expensive strip restaurants and the food quality here is tops. Happy hour prices can't be beat and there are no crowds to fight like down on the strip.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The stay at this hotel was a nightmare. They told us they provided shuttle service that was handicapped accessbile. They failed to tell us it was a 24 hour notice so our first day there we had to carry my dad in his wheelchair onto the regular shuttle. He fell getting off the shuttle because he only has one leg. They then promised us there would be a handicapped accessible shuttle the 2nd day and to go back to the airport on the 3rd day. Those days came and there was not a handicapped accessible shuttle. Terrible service. If they're not going to really accomodate a handicapped person, they shouldn't tell you they are. In addition, we tried to use our $50 comp for the room at check in and was told to use it at the buffet. We then tried to use it at the buffet and they wouldn't let us and told us to use it for the room charge even though we explained we already paid for our room so there was nothing to use the $50 against. So we later had to get management involved to give us a refund from the buffet for our $50 comp. They also offer free buffet with so many points on your card, but they don't tell you that you have to use it the day you earn it. So any points earned in the evening don't count because the buffet closes at 8:00. They don't carry over to the next day. The cashier did not know how to use a $5 coupon. We were supposed to get $5 coupons each day we didn't use housekeeping and didn't get them all days. Our room keys all got deactivated after our 2nd day there and we were staying 3 days. The A/C in our room was broke and maintenance could not get it fixed so we were hot the entire time. The dinner buffet, although a huge selection, was poor quality. Our local Harrah's buffet is much better. The only good things we can say about this hotel is that it is clean, nice (but I wouldn't say upscale like some other hotels), the pool is real nice, and the breakfast buffet is really good and a great price. I would in no way compare this to hotels like the Wynn, Encore, Bellagio, etc. You get terrible service for what it costs to stay here and although the rooms are nice, I wouldn't say they are anything near some of the other nicer hotels. This hotel is owned by one of our local casinos and they gave us 2 free nights, and we paid for a 3rd night. We would not go back if we got all free nights and all free food. It was that bad. The only thing that makes us feel better is knowing their slots paid pretty good so we came out ahead. But the handicapped incident is completely unacceptable for such an "upscale" hotel.

5  Thank Jamie K
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Currently here. In town for a week attending a training class and this spa hotel came recommended by the vendor. VERY chic! Very modern. Very comfortable. Very nice! Lots of free parking. Have a room next to the elevator (actually, telecomm room is between my room and the elevator - thankfully) and I was too tired to change rooms when I checked in. Not sure who messed up: my travel agent, or, the hotel. Oh well. Just a couple more nights. Next time I'll see about getting a room ending in an odd number (view of the Strip).

One MAJOR drawback (for some): It is about a 15 minute drive away from the Strip. Works for me, though. The gaming area isn't as crowded as ones located on the Strip. Wish I could say the same for the buffet line ;-) Supposedly home to the best buffet in Vegas. I wish I could tell you, though. Everytime I think I want to try the dinner buffet, the line is about a 30-45 minute wait. Sheesh! Had room service instead. Fast service and tasty!

Business types: Bring your network cable! Yes, the hotel and rooms have wireless. But trust me. You'll be pleasantly surprised (and spoiled) at the wonderfully FAST wired internet service if you plan on working in the room (like me) during some part of your stay. Gotta say it seems just a little faster than work, and definitely 2.5x faster than home (at least from the numbers I see).

Will definitely check in again the next time I'm in the area for business. For fun, though, I think I'll have to try a Strip hotel. (Sorry, M.)

Room Tip: Request a room ending in an odd number for a view of the Strip
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LarrySF0523
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Best deal in Vegas!! Beautiful room. Not crowded. Maintained nicely. As good as wynn. Without the crowds. Makes you feel like a Vip. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was our third stay at M Resort and, as always, the service was exceptional. From the time you set foot outside of your car/taxi, you are treated like royalty. The rooms are top notch and the entire resort is spotless. We dined at Hash House and Marinelli's and both were exceptional. We were greeted by staff each day that asked us not only how our day was and did we need anything to make our day better but all of them were genuine and were truly happy we chose to stay at M. We were able to check out Hostile Grape which is a great way to try new wines without a huge commitment. You just purchase a card and choose each wine you want to try and serve yourself. The atmosphere is very relaxed and they had music one of the two nights we stopped in. And...the spa....ahhhhh the spa! There are specials for hotel guests and it's very reasonable for a Las Vegas spa. It's the best for relaxation. The pool was great and we loved that they added more chairs for the baja deck (portion of the pool where the chairs are in the water). We were so bummed to have missed Dian Diaz in the lounge by a few days. The prices for drinks are great and it's just the best place to be in Vegas. We loved it and we highly recommend this great resort!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Once you drive a few miles out of the Strip, you encounter a spacious, less crowded, and more leisurely resort called the M. The level of service is above and beyond what you would find on the Strip. The staff seemed relaxed, poised, and willing to please. Excellent meeting facilities; comfortable and modern rooms, and an incredible outdoor pool area that puts other crowded Las Vegas pools to shame. Try the Spa Mio - pricey, but well worth it. A car is almost a must, although the M runs shuttles back and forth from the strip (Fashion Mall) and the airport. I did rent a Hertz vehicle near the M Resort at the Henderson Airport - they gave us a lift (5 min ride) there. More affordable prices for snacks, food and drink than on the Strip. Casino is no different from others, but is more spacious and comfortable. The free internet at one of their eating establishments, Baby Cakes, was inconsistent, but our group had complimentary internet in our rooms. I had a restful time at the M away from the Las Vegas Strip hustle. Will be staying here again even though there isn't anything within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Vdara Hotel & Spa
#13 of 263 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!