“Not a family friendly place unfortunately”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Athens, Greece
“Not a family friendly place unfortunately”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The beds are uncomfortable, gave me a sore back and neck for 2 nights. Also, I feel your pool closes way too early. 8:00 PM is way too early - I could see 10 or 11 PM, but people with kids don't always get to take advantage of the pool until later, and after dinner its too late, the pool is closing. ALSO - it is ridiculous that you cannot take a pool towel back up to your room. My little daughter went swimming, was cold wrapped up in a towel, and when departing the pool they made her give it back - she was shivering - down all the long air conditioned halls on the long walk back to the room (LONG walk). I have never seen a hotel with this ridiculous policy, the security guy said, 'oh well we don't want people taking these towels and putting them in their car' Are you kidding? Those rust towels are garbage - but you don't seem to worry that people will steal the white towels in their bathrooms do you (and those are much nicer) ? Does it make sense ? NO. If someone would like to bring a pool towel to the room and leave it there when the cleaning lady comes to take it, I do not see the problem. Trust me, the towels are not that great that anyone would WANT to steal them - it also is offensive to think that the hotel staff is insinuating that everyone is a thief and would steal the towels - this security guy was not very nice he wanted to shut the pool down at 7:50 PM instead of 8 (as if 8 is not early enough, he was trying to get everyone out of the pool early). NOT good. While my daughter was in tears, he sat there with his stoic staunch face like he didn't have a caring bone in his body. If this is how it will be, I will find another resort to stay at next time in vegas. I don't feel that the M resort is a 'family friendly' place, if you have kids you aren't treated as nice. They also are very unyielding and do not want to let you have an early check in or a late check out, they have so many excuses, and want you out of the room by 11 AM. I wish things were different at your place, it would bring in more business if you listened to the customers suggestions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank baklavababe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The room might be the cleanest, best furnished I have ever stayed in. The food was just awesome in every restaurant. The staff was great. The pool, spa, gym and other amenities were perfect. Not one complaint (except maybe no coffee maker in the room and a room service pot of coffee costs $16 but if you don't have to drink it at 5 am like me, and wait till the shop downstairs opens, the you are good to go). If you don't enjoy this place, shame on you. Because I was there on business for a week, my GF didn't come with me. I am thinking of a return trip there for a vacation to show her the place, i liked it so much.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel is a chic hotel in the middle of nowhere (reminded me of the hotel in the Quantum of Solace). It's new, clean, modern and well designed. It has a new hotel kind of smell. It has everything you expect from a new hotel --- great for resting, but also good for the business traveler (I was in a conference when I stayed).

The major drawback is that it is too far from the Strip --- and you have to cab it to anywhere if you didn't drive. The hotel has shuttles direct to the airport (more frequent) and to the Fashion Show Mall along the strip (not that frequent --- I think just 6 times a day, every 1.5 hours). You can get stuck in the hotel, not necessarily a bad thing since there is the pool (with loud party music though), the casino, the spa, a decent gym, and what they say (heard this from different people) is the best buffet in town (I didn't try it --- very good reasonably priced sandwiches at the pastry shop were more than enough).

If another conference were held there, I would not complain and happily stay at this really great hotel. But, if I were to go back to Las Vegas again on some personal trip, I'll probably want to be closer to the Strip, just to be in the middle of it all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

First, let me say there was absolutely nothing we did not love about this place. The room itself was quite large, tastefully decorated, with high-quality bedding. We were given a comp upgrade to a room with a view of the LV strip in the distance, but with floor-to-ceiling windows, we could also see the mountains. After checking in, we were starving so we immediately hit the first restaurant in the hotel, which was adjacent to the casino (Vig Deli, I think). We weren't expecting much and we were amazed at the wonderful food. I ordered Won Ton soup (among other things), and I'd have to say it was better than most I've had in authentic Chinese restaurants. I ended up going back 3 times just for this during our stay. The only thing we weren't thrilled about was that they would not allow room service of the prime rib dinner, so we ended up calling in the order to go, picking it up and eating it in our room (we were trying to watch a show on TV vs. going out to dine). But even here, the waitress felt so bad that they couldn't accommodate with room service, she provided us with linen napkins and real silverware and steak knives in our "to go" order. All of the staff went above and beyond. Would definitely stay here again. However, I'll add that it's about 14 miles from the Strip, and if you hit traffic, that's about a 45-minute drive. We were here as a get-away and to visit friends and family, so the proximity to the Strip didn't matter. We're also not big gamblers, but the M's casino was also beautiful and clean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
fullerton, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about the M resort! I have been coming here since 3 weeks after it opened and have stayed here at least 15 times. They still treat guests like royalty. I feel like a high roller each and every time I go.. Syrita at hotel guest check in counter is fantastic! The rooms are always clean, the bed is always soo comfortable, .. Please treat yourself to the M, though its alittle far away from the Strip action, you won't mind the drive when you get such good servce at such reat prices,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank vpapaia
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I've not been on here for some time to write a review, but, I got a tickler from Trip Advisor and I wanted to write another review about M Resort Spa Casino. I still love this place! My mother invited me to take a trip to Las Vegas over the 4th of July week. She received a comp for the room and took advantage of it. Since the last time I was there, there was one change I noticed. I use the bell service every time I go to Vegas. This time, when checking in, we gave the claim ticket to the reservation attendant and she forwarded it to the Bell Service. All we had to do was call down to the bell desk and let them know we needed our bags. I loved the convenience. The buffet was just as great as ever, but the prices did go up. I loved I was able to have wine with my dinner and it really only cost me the gratuity of $1.00. Whenever possible, I will always go back to M Resort to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Had a Convention at the "M" and stayed four nights. Impressive from the start! Great look from the exterior and then it actually gets BETTER! Lobby is very smart, clean, crisp and COOL! Room was clean and had nice touches. The prices in the Resort for Food and Drinks are VERY REASONABLE. Our Convention meals were all excellent. Service was solid. The property is very nicely planned out, rooms, services, restaurants and Convention meeting facilities. Nice size for our group. The M Resort made our trip special!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have excellent views of the Las Vegas Strip!