“Superb staff and hotel”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Superb staff and hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

This resort is far from the strip. It is in the middle of nowhere with nothing else around. However if you don't want or need the action of the strip, this is a great choice. The rooms are very comfortable. roomy and modern. The facility has great restaurants, a great pool, and gambling if that's your thing.
I was there for a convention and found it perfect for that purpose.
The staff was over the top as far as accomodating their guests. That set it apart from the rest (we stayed at different area hotels before and after the convention.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank plymouthmaguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

This is our 2nd stay here for business. It's not that far from the Strip. For both trips, we're in a standard room. We can see the strip from here and traffic isn't bad at all. The decor is modern and elegant. Marble vanity and floors in the bathroom with glass doors. The beds are comfortable with lots of soft pillows. Rooms have a spacious desk with many outlets and an ethernet connection. A large TV above the desk, as well as a cool tv built into the bathroom mirror- sooo nice to relax in the soaking tub and watch my favorite shows. I can see the view from the bathtub too.

Staff is super-friendly and worth the drive- I can be on the Strip in 5 minutes. They set lounge chairs into the shallow parts of the pool, so you can tan faster and stay cool in the desert.

The restaurants are excellent, especially the buffet (my husband is the buffet king), which is one of, if not the best in town: food is fresh, refilled often, with a good variety, a coffee bar with many choices, there is a dessert bar with lots of goodies, try the ice cream made in house daily.

Will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

The M Resort is an amazing place to stay while in Las Vegas. They treat you like Royalty there. We have been to hotels all over the world and never treated as well as this Resort treated us. ALL the staff treat you well and they are happy to do so. They really care about the guests and want to please you in every way. The food is amazing, the rooms fantastic and the casino pays very well. The pool area is wonderful as well. We will always go back and stay at The M Resort from now on and we go to Vegas at least 3 times a year. It was our best trip ever all because of The M Resort.

Room Tip: Every room is the best room!!!
1 Thank KarenJK60
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights the week before Easter. We enjoyed our stay but will probably not go back, at least not at current prices.

Positives: Everything is new, clean and very modern, especially the rooms. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom is nice and big. The restaurants are great. Everybody who works there is extremely pleasant and polite.

Negatives: Form trumps function in just about every aspect of this place. The rooms look beautiful but are not made for comfort or convenience. The chairs are cool-looking but very uncomfortable. The desk area looks elegant but is not useable since it is so narrow and dark (due to the great-looking recessed lighting). There is only one blanket in the entire room, a beautiful synthetic down comforter, but in the middle of April it is too warm to sleep with a comforter and too cold to sleep with just a sheet. There is a nice double armoire but half of it is taken up with an over-priced mini-bar and the in-room safe. Speaking of the safe, it is nice and new but you have to get down on your knees to use it. The shower is big and beautiful but there is no water pressure.

The theme of form over function continues throughout the resort. As I mentioned, the staff is very courteous but not very helpful or efficient (this is the first hotel I've stayed at in Vegas that enforces their 3:00pm check-in time). The restaurants are great but expensive, at least for hotel guests (this place caters to locals so expect to see a lot of people paying a lot less than you). The dealers in the casino are great but this is the first casino I have been to that didn't have a craps table going 24/7. The pool is beautiful but full of screaming kids since it's open to the public.

Overall this is a decent place to stay but at the price of a mid-range hotel on the strip we will probably look elsewhere for our next visit.

2 Thank dhlogan
Cambria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I booked a room at the M Resort and Spa because some friends had stayed there and said it was great. Also because they were (maybe still are) running a great special for a two-day stay.

I am very happy I decided to give the “M” a try. I must say up front that the hotel is somewhat isolated from other Las Vegas activity, which is fine with me. We knew that we’d be spending plenty of time on the strip in a few days anyway as we were in town for business at the convention center. It was about a 12-15 minute drive to the strip. However, the M has everything to offer that you could want, from fine dining options to a sparkling clean casino. If you don’t need to go to the strip then there is really no reason to leave the M. In fact, I’d really enjoy a stay here when we didn’t have to leave for a few days.

Entering the hotel, you’re greeted with a huge open space and high ceilings. There is an overall aura of quality, comfort and light. I loved the architecture and all of the details.

Our room was great! Floor to ceiling glass on the outside wall with motorized blinds do it for me. I love that. The furniture was modern and comfortable. The room wasn’t oversized but certainly was large enough to feel spacious.

The bedding was excellent. Just the right softness in the mattress with quality sheets, lots of pillows and not one of those overly stuffed and hot down comforter. It was a duvet but not filled with down: I always get too hot with those down covers.

The bathroom was extraordinary. There was a deep soaking tub with a window looking into the room. There was a motorized drape that could be dropped for privacy. The toilet and shower were each separated from the main bath area with heavy glass doors. Everything was natural stone tile. The toiletries were high quality. There is a television monitor embedded in the large bathroom mirror. The bathroom rates five stars in my book.

The weather was cool when we were there so we didn’t swim, although we did sit outside one afternoon and tried to get some sun. The pool itself is quite large, with a “runway” going down the center. There were plenty of lounge chairs and even several intimate sofa seating areas. There were also a lot of rental cabanas. A large outside bar area was handy and although there weren’t many people at the pool there was plenty of bar service available. The pool area also rates five stars.

We had breakfast at Hash House A Go Go. My wife’s breakfast with egg and fried chicken atop potatoes was enough food for three meals. My single pancake was twice as much as I could eat. We didn’t get a chance to eat at the other options, but all looked enticing. We did do some wine tasting at the Hostile Grape, which was almost deserted that evening.

There are several bars and they advertise 24 hour happy hours. I did not test this out.

One thing that struck me was that every single employee we encountered was friendly and seemed happy to be working there. This is rare in Las Vegas.

Parking was free and ample, and our room package included free internet access, which was quite fast.

Without a doubt, I will return to the M on a future trip to Las Vegas, and I have no reservations recommending it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

My family and I just spent 4 days/3 nights (2 rooms) at the beautiful M resort. This was our second stay, fourth trip to the property. The rooms are extremely large and comfortable. Great HD television, plenty of storage space and the furniture is compatible for the business person who needs space to work. The bathroom is very large with tub and separate shower. Check-in and out is easy. We also liked the free shuttle service to the airport and strip. This is important because if you do not have a car this property is 10 miles south of the strip. The casino floor is large with some of the latest slot and poker machines around. Studio B buffet is good and a real treat! We also liked the pool area. In addition all of the staff we interacted with were very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor overlooking strip
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Murrieta, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Just returned from a short two night stay. EVERY part of this resort was perfect. Small by Las Vegas standards (approx. 400 rooms) and so much friendlier than the mega casinos. Modern, clean, wonderful staff. Great restaurants, great food, reasonable prices. Some of the best bars and most reasonable prices in town.
Free shuttle to and from the strip. Avoid the crowds and traffic and stay at this wonderful resort.

Room Tip: Strip view! High floor.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!