“BEST OF THE BUNCH”

Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is best, by far, of any comfort inn that I have been to or seen. I have not finished my stay but I am very pleased. It is amazing. Again it is the best of the bunch. Close to everything in Henderson, food, shopping, without the noise of the strip.

Room Tip: If you are in the Vegas area don't look for any other non gaming properties
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson

Reviewed January 31, 2014

For the most part, this was a pretty nice hotel. I was having a hard time deciding to give it 3 or 4 stars. It was clean and new, which is very nice. The breakfast was pretty good--they had biscuits and gravy each morning as well as eggs and sausage or bacon, along with the normal cereal/yogurt/waffle/fruit/etc. offerings. It wasn't the best breakfast ever, but it was okay, and to this point I would have given them 4 stars.

But the pool.

It was COMPLETELY unheated, and therefore unusable. And it wasn't a one-time thing, since we were there for 5 days and it stayed cold and there were no signs explaining that it was temporarily broken or anything. I feel like it is false advertising to say you have a year-round open pool, and then not heat it. You may as well not have one at all, because you can't get in it. Unless you enjoy hypothermia, I suppose.

Yes, it is January, but in December I stayed in another Choice hotel in St. George Utah, which is colder than Vegas, and it snowed there, no less. And we were in the pool, having a snowball fight, and it was perfectly warm and comfortable. If you are going to open your pool, you need to heat it. Thank goodness we didn't have the kids with us this trip. They would have been very upset--swimming in the hotel pool is one of the highlights of their vacations.

The hot tub was warm, but not hot like a "hot" tub should be. We sat in it a few minutes and then left, since it didn't really relax a person like a hot tub ought to.

So, if you don't use the pool/hot tub, by all means, stay here, it is a nice hotel otherwise. If you do, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Andi E, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Rod_Tracy,

I wanted to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay with us here in Henderson, NV.

On behalf of myself, and my staff, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience(s) that were experienced by you during your stay. I apologize that we did not inform you that our pool, unfortunately, is not a heated pool. I can imagine the frustration of seeing a beautiful pool and then not being able to use that pool. I appreciate you letting us know that the hot tub was in fact, not 'hot'. Our maintenance man has been notified and we will be making the appropriate changes to rectify that situation.

We would hope that if you are ever in the Henderson, NV area again that you would be willing to give us another opportunity.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Having been recommended by the desk clerk at a Sleep Inn (part of the Choice hotels chain ), I checked into this wonderful place. Wonderful people at the desk and I couldn't help notice a piano player sitting in the corner of the dining area playing requests for numerous guests. Three days a week ( Tue, Wed, & Thur I believe ) they have a "happy hour" with the piano player and complimentary wine & beer, as well as snacks, for guests. How great! What a way to relax. The room was great, clean and I had a very good nights rest. And a great breakfast the next morning. Just a great place to be.. easy to locate and get to. I'll be back ....mid week for happy hour!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert P
Andi E, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Robert P,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us here in Henderson, NV. Our resident piano player, Pier, is such a wonderful extension of our Comfort Inn Family and we are just delighted that you were able to participate in our Happy Hour. On behalf of myself, and our entire staff, we thank you very much for choosing to stay at our property and for leaving such a lovely review. We anxiously await your next visit to the Comfort Inn & Suites in Henderson, NV. The next time you visit make sure to have a few musical requests for Pier...he loves requests.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a last minute thought to do something different for my double nickel birthday so we took the family to Las Vegas for my birthday and New Year's Eve. We could not afford $200-300 a night on the strip so I started looking at rooms in Henderson 15 minutes away from Vegas. What a find the place was like new, kept clean, daily breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. We were a little worried when we learned very few, if any, of the locals go to the strip on New Year's Eve. For those brave ones going to the strip on New Year's they put together a "survival package". Great place highly recommend!

Room Tip: We rented two rooms and both were great
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob E

Dear Rob E.

First, may we wish you a very belated Happy Birthday!! Second, thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review of your stay here in Henderson, NV.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your birthday celebration. Not only can you say you celebrated your 'double nickel' birthday (which we love how you worded that!) but you can say that you have spent a NYE in Las Vegas, NV!! I can't even say that and I have grown up here. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our 'New Year's Eve Survival Guide 2013-2014' that we put together. The safety of our guests is at the forefront of our mind, always.

Thank you, again, for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit. Maybe, Vegas can be your new birthday destination? :)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

From the customer service representing who helped book the room to check out, everything was wonderful. We arrived in time toe enjoy happy hour. They have beer and wine that can be enjoyed with salami, cheese, and crackers. The front desk was careful to point out all of the possible amenities. We even enjoyed hot cookies fresh out of the oven. In the morning we enjoyed a full t breakfast offering. They definitely put the hospitality into their hotel. I really believe they have a great business model. They teach every employee to give excellent service.

• Stayed: December 2013
Andi E, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Deliwife,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of your stay here in Henderson, NV.

Each one of our employees at the Comfort Inn & Suites considers this property his/her second home and we always want to make sure that our guests are aware of all of the amenities that we offer. That's why we are adamant about telling people about the 'Happy Hour', Cookies at 7pm, and breakfast every morning. We don't want any of our valued guests to miss out on anything.

I'm excited to hear that you were able to participate in all of the above mentioned amenities and I hope you were able to request, and enjoy, a song or two by Pier, the piano man.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our "suite" turned out to be just a slightly larger room with a worn couch and chair in it, and not a true suite with a divided sitting area, which we found very disappointing, indeed. (we were also assigned to a disabled suite as well) On our second day of our stay, we arrived back at our room after 2 pm, to find that the maid had still not gotten to our room yet to clean it. As we were in for the day, we were able to get some fresh towels off the maids cart, and that held us till check-out the next morning. Both days the breakfast room was over-run with people (mostly children) and no place to sit. We visit this area often as we have friends in this part of the city, but will have to stay elsewhere next time!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snooksinK.C.

Dear snooksinK.C,

I wanted to thank you for writing this review of your stay here in Henderson, NV.

I would like to personally apologize for any disappointment you felt during your time here and can appreciate the frustration at 1.) not having a room divider, 2.) coming 'home' to an uncleaned room, and 3.) Not being able to find a place to sit and enjoy breakfast.

I'm sure you were not only disappointed but extremely frustrated and I sincerely apologize on behalf of myself, and our entire staff here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson, NV.

If, and when, you are in the Henderson area again we would love if you gave us another opportunity to show you how great we can be.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in October. The place was clean and the breakfast was really good. However, after the first night our room didn't get cleaned and we were in desperate need of new towels. My husband went down to the front desk and explained that our room had been missed. The front office staff assured him that they would have the manager contact him first thing the next morning. They then gave us towels, and offered new bedding. My husband declined the bedding because we had only slept in it one night. 15 minutes later somebody shows up with bedding for the 2 beds... Nobody contacted us the next day, however, our room did get cleaned that day. On check out day, my husband mentioned again that he was disappointed that nobody followed up with him and that there was obviously a miscommunication about the need for new bedding. Again he was reassured by the front office staff that the manager would contact him that day via phone. We're still waiting. Nice place, but disappointed in the lack of follow through by management and communication by the front office staff.
Also we hardly ever travel and aren't really the whiny type, but it just rubbed us the wrong way because when you say you are going to do something you do it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan J

Dear Meagan J,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience here in Henderson, NV.

I am so incredibly apologetic that you experienced anything but superb customer service from our hotel. I also apologize for not contacting you during your stay.

As you mentioned in your review there seemed to be a failure to communicate or a complete miscommunication. Either way, we are at fault and I apologize.

I sincerely appreciate your review and I can assure you that we will be reviewing proper communication methods as a staff so that we can avoid any problems in the future.

If you are ever in the Henderson area again we would love to be given another opportunity.