“Don't stay here unless you can't afford anything else!”

Travelodge Hawthorne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I srayed here in late September of this year. It was aweful. There were holes in the drapes and they couldn't be closed properly because they were falling off the hooks. I ended up using clothespegs to hold them shut. The carpet was old and worn, as was the bed spreads. The towels were thin and rough. Outside there were cigarette butts all over the place. The outdoor pool had bugs living in it and the carpeting around the pool was dirty and decaying.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nova L
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hawthorne

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Gambling separate from the hotel rooms. Microwaves in room, but non hair dryers. In-room coffee a bit week--bring some instant to strengthen it!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank kkd0725
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a nice (and non-expensive) place to stop in the trip from Sacramento to Las Vegas instead of pushing on to Tonopah. No need to leave the property for food or playtime. The casino is in a separate building, so noise does not interfere with sleep but is close enough -- right on the property. It was a pleasant stop (after GPS got us sidetracked to middle of the desert.)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank campingcarol
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed one night at the El Capitan. I encountered no housekeeping shortcomings, no unconfortable and/or soiled bedding, no mechanical or plumbing problems, nor anything else to complain about. Perhaps my being there during a weeknight with few guests was a factor, but I didn't encounter any noise, something I'm picky about. The place offers basic lodging which is nothing out of the ordinary, but I found it a good value for under $50.

For those who care about such things, there is a pool, an adequate coffeeshop, and a small casino; i.e, a roomfull of gaming machines.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank zundapp
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Nasty would be unkind to the word nasty. This place was simply horrifying! Drafty room, carpet from 1950. Pulled back the cover of the first bed and saw visible stains of some sort. Less staining on the second bed's sheets - although all the sheets were sheer from long-term use. The pillows however were like concrete. I pulled my traveling sheets from the car and remade the bed and covered the pillows. I also brought in my own towels because I knew what was coming next. The towels were a loose use of the term. More like garage wipe cloths, complete with many dark stains. The bathtub was grimy. I liked the little piece of paper tape across the toilet seat, it went well with the stray pubic hair. Being in the middle of nowhere is a poor excuse and their web page might only be charitably described as not representational. There are other hotels in the town that were much, much better and I found them the next day. All they had to do was wash the sheets (and buy new ones every 15 years). They could contract this place to the Nevada Dept of Corrections -- that would teach bad people to become better in a hurry!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank retusafguy
Reviewed February 22, 2011

This is a really bad place, but it does have the advantage of being cheap and across the street from the casino and restaurant. Let's hope that new ownership will clean it up.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank AZGulliver
Reviewed November 24, 2010

upon my arrival into the busy town of Hawthorne I thought that I would give what the locals here call the El Cap a shot. Little did I know that this may have been one of the contributing factors which eventually cost me my girlfriend. To start off with, what can I say about a non-smoking room which reeks of smoke. Pillows were crusty, bed had lumps in it, and who knows what creatures were alive in the bedspread. The towels were nice.....great job cleaning those up for us! There was no hot water for some reason. I expected to get a lot more for $80 per night. If this were the monthly price, it would have been worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank boothtime

Been to Travelodge Hawthorne? Share your experiences!