“2.75 rating”
Review of Monarch Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawthorne
Monarch Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hawthorne B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When I arrived which was late, the lady at the front desk, didn't appear to speak English, but a little boy came out and helped until another lady arrived. Being dark outside I couldn't really tell the condition of the property, but appeared to be pretty nice. Once I got into my room, it was ok and just ok. It looks like it has had fresh paint lately, but nothing fancy, no frills.. The shower does not have any sort of soap dish or shelf to lay the soap on while showering, which I really didn't want to put the soap on the floor, so that was a hassle. The curtains wouldn't close all the way, so I had to slide the table up to hold them shut. The mattress on the bed, is the hardest mattress, I have ever tried to sleep on. I say tried, because that is exactly what I did, due to the mattress. For the age of this hotel, it is ok, but you better like to sleep on a board, because that is how bad this was. This hotel could use some updating on the rooms regarding, carpeting and furniture. Overall the room was clean, sheets were clean, bathroom was clean and there were no odors. I just can't score it any higher as I didn't get any sleep and that is why I stopped. Price is probably a fair rate for the area. Pretty quiet, no road noise apparent in room..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mgwds1

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Monarch is in a quite part of town off the main highway, but along the main street. The staff was friendly and efficient, the room was quiet, cool, and clean, and the hotel was recently remodeled. There was no breakfast, but coffee can be brewed in the room. Wi-Fi was fast. We didn't use it, but the laundry was clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Friendly service, very clean (bathroom, kitchen area, sheets, etc.), quiet, newly remodeled inside and out. Definitely would stay again. Kitchen has nice size fridge, two burners, microwave, coffee pot, etc. Has small laundry mat and a few picnic tables. No pool.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank pamb62
Reviewed July 21, 2013

One of the nicest little motels I have ever stay in. From the pictures it look good and clear and WAS! Very pleasant check in and reservations/direct to motel. And the best, they have the thickest, clean smelling white towels I have ever had in a motel/hotel! ! !
Great job. . Highly recommend the Monarch Motel ! ! ! I will be back. . .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TADwight
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having driven 12 hours I saw the Monarch Hotel in the dark and thought it looked decent so registered. Very reasonable price and was suprised the room was freshly remodeled. Great bed, very clean, fresh paint etc. the next AM I noticed the outside was freshly painted, and the grounds were very nice. Even a new roof on the place. Whoever owns this obviously cares about your comfort and their place. I can't imagine a better value anywhere!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jim C
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were forced to stay the night in Hawthorne, as the high winds forced the Highway Patrol to close the road behind us and in front of us. We chose the Monarch, as it was the first hotel on the right. We were thrilled with our choice, as it was very clean, the bed very comfortable. The TV was large with many channels to choose from, and the bathroom stocked with shampoo. It was quiet, and we were able to get a good night's sleep. If ever in Hawthorne in the evening, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple