“The Place to Wet Your Whistle in Goldfield NV”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Goldfield
Santa Fe Motel and Saloon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goldfield
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had been driving offroad since early in the day and a nice cold beer in front of us was a welcome sight. It was 2:00 in the afternoon and the place had just opened. We needed to get down the road so we didn't stay long. The place is nice and you feel like you're back in the Old West when you sidle up to the bar. Well worth the short sidetrip to get there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeniSandi

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is really clean and the rooms are big. It is off the main street, so you have to look for it. The saloon is right next door and can cook you a pizza for dinner for 10 bucks, that will feed 2 or 3 people. It tasted very good. Beers are reasonably priced as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, I think. 2Q beds, good cable TV, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank geoffeliz
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just spent last night in Goldfield Nevada! Met eight of the locals. Seven humans and one dog at the Santa Fe Saloon next door. Rooms are very basic and you should call after 2pm to confirm they have room in one of the seven available. Our room was great. Very simple, large, firm comfy beds, nice towels and linens. Very clean. More channels on the Dish TV then I see in most hotels. It is very simple but I have never had such a quiet night. You are on the edge of an almost ghost town. No food in town but the Santa Fe Saloon next door. We had the Beer and Pizza. OK, Basic, but you are in Goldfield with a reported population of 100. They had wonderful mixed nuts on the bar that made up for OK Pizza. Nut Mix even had Cashews and Brazil Nuts in it! They had fast internet connection! No one was smoking in the Saloon so we can not speak to it being smoky. We also thought our room smelled fine and we are pretty picky NON SMOKERS! We are so glad we stopped and enjoyed a night in Goldfield! True Nevada History!

Room Tip: Room 4 was great. Hot water tank right next to the bathroom sink so no waiting for hot water!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jssolberg
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in Goldfield at the Santa Fe Motel in March at the advise of this website. The town was completely deserted but interesting if you like to look at broken down buildings. Nothing was open except one gift shop with not much to offer. The people were nice. The mining area was fun to go check out until someone told us we couldn't get near the fences and take a look. There was no place to get food after 4pm for dinner except to order a pizza from the saloon which the kids enjoyed. Kids can't go into the Saloon so you have to eat it in your room or outside on a picnic table. But thats it, just pizza, no salad or anything else. The saloon was so saturated with 100 years of cigarette smoking that most people would not be able to stand it. I got a headache just standing there getting our room key. The room was simple, no frills, a TV and clean. No refrigerator or coffee maker. When we finally got our second set of towels for the kids and they smelled like smoke.

So if you can't tolerate cigarette smoke I do not recommend entering the saloon.The room was reasonably priced and clean and smoke free. The shower had lots of hot water. There was not much to do in town. Luckily we brought our bikes and rode around for entertainment. There was a cafe that was open until 4pm the day we were there but it was too early to eat dinner. You can't buy gas in this town so be sure to buy it in Tonopah. I suggest you bring your own food.

The old buildings are kind of cool and the mining operations make fun photo's if you like to take pictures. Maybe if it was summer there would be more going on. In March it was a total 'Ghost Town'. If you need a pool the manager said, 'You can take a hose and make a mud puddle'. She has a good sense of humor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KK2013119
Reviewed January 11, 2013

If it had not been for TripAdvisor - we would never have come across this place - so, many thanks to those who took the time to put their comments here in the past!

We were travelling from Lake Tahoe in the winter to Vegas, so needed to travel by the I95 to avoid the snow. We wanted to break the 10hr drive and Goldfield was around half way. There is no website, or email address that I could find (I am from the UK) so I phoned to make the booking - and this all worked just fine.

The owner was friendly, welcoming and informative - as were the locals. The rooms are basic, but they were warm, clean and comfortable. What more can you expect for £40 for the night! The beer was indeed cold and the pizza good. Goldfield itself is fascinating and attractive. Having driven through Tonopah on the way through - definitely skip it and go to Goldfield.

This was a real adventure and a once in a lifetime experience in the real, old Nevada!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was exploring Goldfield when I met a local man who suggested I might want to drive to the Santa Fee Motel, casino and Saloon. So, I did!!!!! I did not need a room for the night (I already had one in Las Vegas), but I enjoyed the saloon/casino, and looking around the property, which also had a headframe and other interesting buildings.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JuneNY
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The rooms are clean and large. AC works fine. Bed is on the firmer/soft side. Pizza in the saloon is not too bad and the beer is cold. The lady working there couldn't be nicer. The entire town had run out of ice and she sold be (for a very reasonable price) enough for my ice chest.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YMCA-Buns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldfield
Mizpah Hotel
Mizpah Hotel
#2 of 6 in Tonopah
Best Western Hi-Desert Inn
Tonopah Station Hotel, Casino, RV Park
Jim Butler Motel
Jim Butler Motel
#4 of 6 in Tonopah

Been to Santa Fe Motel and Saloon? Share your experiences!