“excellent food and service”

1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Genoa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 395 & 206
Description: A favorite place for wine as well as food, 1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu beef, and known for its intense marbling and unmatched taste that is only produced for fine dining restaurants. The dining is fine but the atmosphere is casual. Come and enjoy a cocktail in this historic landmark, and create a legacy of your own.Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence" 2012 and 2013. Nevada Magazine Best Spa and Wedding Venue in Rural Nevada 2012.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Walleys for 1 week and ate at the restaraunt twice, and both times found the food of excellent standard, and the service first class, would definately recommend it,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. We stayed at David Walley's on a two week trip (with a break on the middle weekend at Yosemite). We were apprehensive on the first visit when we saw the prices. After our first meal, all ideas about budgeting went out of the window and into the mountains! The meal was so good we ate at there at least 4 or 5 times, my favourite was the duck, the buffalo fillet a favourite of my husbands. We loved it so much I'm considering moving to Genoa.
The staff were friendly courteous and knowledgeable and helped make our holiday special.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dined here with my daughter Saturday April 10th 2013 on our mother-daughter weekend getaway. For fun, we got brave and ordered the rattlesnake appetizer which was spicy and fun. I ordered dinner from the Prix Fixe menu and had a mouth watering sirloin topped with blue cheese. She gave me a bite of her scallops which were the best I've ever had. My dinner came with an amazing chocolate chip cookie and vanilla ice cream creation which I pushed across the table to my daughter. When she was done I ran my fingers through the remainders just so I get could a hint of the taste and even just that was delightful. The wait staff were all very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive throughout our meal. Afterwards, we donned our bathing suits and enjoyed the hot springs pools and sauna. I slept for nine straight hours that evening which I haven't done since I can't remember. Truly a wonderful night I would recommend to everyone. The next morning we walked from our little hotel in "downtown" Genoa back to Walley's for breakfast. We were very pleased with our omelets and coffee served outdoors. This establishment is definitely a strong recommend all around for service, hospitality and quality!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The menu is very impressive. We had a rattlesnake appetizer for the first time and were shocked at how tasty it was. The buffalo steak was amazing, as well as the lamb, elk and crocodile soup. Yep, we felt quite brave that day. :-) The creme brulee was unparalleled. It cost the 4 of us $200 dollars that night, not including tip and tax. We used the Walley dollars (given by the resort for attending a presentation), otherwise we wouldn't eat there.

This was one of the tastiest meals I've EVER had. I promise! The chef is supposed to be one of America's best, featured in magazines and TV. The restaurant has amazing views. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a fine meat and seafood restaurant, and we enjoyed our salads, but the prices are really crazy. One glass of red wine can run you $30 -- my husband's elk chops were $46 -- and the food and service simply don't warrant this sort of pricing. Go elsewhere for your steak or fish -- Genoa has a few choices, and Minden, which is also close, has plenty more.

1  Thank Bearwife
SummerWindsResorts02, Owner at 1862 David Walley's Restaurant & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate hearing from our guests. We are indeed a gourmet restaurant and some of our entrees include rare ingredients that are more expensive than readily available poultry, beef and pork. Our main menu features entrees starting at $24 and we have only one, our famous Blackened Buffalo Rib Eye, over $40. Our chef will occasionally offer a special, such as the rack of Elk you mentioned, which is priced at market. We are well known for our wine selection, and were honored to receive the 2012 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine. Although we do have some connoisseur wines for $30 a glass (and more), we also feature some very nice house wines starting at $6. We have tried to offer a diverse selection of food and wine at fair prices to meet the demands of our guests while being affordable for those for which price is a concern. We even offer an early bird special including an appetizer or salad, entree and dessert for $35, which has proven very popular. Our dinner and wine menus change from time to time and our current offerings may be viewed on our website. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you will visit us again soon!