“After after having spent almost 20 years in the upscale food service industry I just have to say - La Ferme is not all that”
Review of La Ferme - CLOSED

La Ferme
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Food overall was good quality and the service was professional and courteous with the exception of the owner who became presumptive and somewhat rude once discovering that my wife and step daughter opted for appetizers over a full meal.
Wine selection good but very pricey chef is good and plates on the menu are good and provide something for most pallets but I do not recommend the coriander cumin spring salad - lacks imagination and is quite bland
I see that the average price is shown to be $38 per plate I would say the average price is currently in the $50 to $60 range per person to be more accurate.
Just a fair dinning experience at best

4 Thank Begley32

Gardnerville
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This place really has good food, a nice feeling of small town with the big city flavor of quality. I would recommend this place. Bring a little extra money as it is a bit pricey, but really worth it.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Michael J
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Good Food, Bad Mojo”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have to say the food is authentic country french cuisine; nothing highly inspirational, but very unpretensious, well prepared and good flavor. Some Ferme animals are more equal than others, and while we've lived here over 26 years, it's almost creepy when one of the owner's favorites shows up and he and the wait staff neglect the rest of us. It's even creepy when you accompany an Owner Favorite to dinner.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank pete k
near S Lake Tahoe
“Slice of French heaven”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This restaurant is a slice of heaven. It should be considered #1 for all of Nevada. The food is inspirational, but meant to be enjoyed slowly; this is not a fast food joint. Its a rustic French country chic with marvelous cocktails (the best gin & tonic I've ever had) and fantastic wines. The dishes are Real food; what I'd expect in France. The owner gives special attention to details. I'm trying to chose my favorite dish; I keep thinking of all the delicious meals I've had; the steak on homemade french fries? oh wait, the chicken in a cream sauce? or the seafood... its ALL GOOD.

• Visited April 2012
Genoa, Nevada, United States
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Unbelievable good food, service and ambiance. When in the area, do yourself a favor and have dinner at this unique restaurant, you will not regret it! . We travel and eat out a quite a bit, by some stroke of luck ended up with the best restaurant of all down the street!

• Visited April 2012