When arriving from Carson City direction at night, it was very difficult to find, we drove by and had to turn around. First the admission is way too much-- $30./ person and locker keys are extra price. There are no lockers that one can use own lock on. The patio is extremely slippery in Winter months. The pools and tubs are warn beyond belief and some of the jets don't work. The water was warmish but not hot and lots of chlorine and when we got into the pools we had sore backs and when we got out we still felt bad. This leads me to believe that the water has no benefits at all, we smelt no Sulfur and I believe they are taking the water out of the river, then heating it-- but can't prove it. The whole night there is a guy walking around, trying to look like he is checking the temperature of the water but I think he is watching people-- like security.
The only thing that saved some of the night was the Steam Room if you cover the thermostat. If you ask the front desk they will come and liberally dose the steam plate with Eucalyptus several times. We didn't eat at the restaurant but checked the prices and I don't drive a Rolls Royce, nor would I pay that sort of price for food. This place is a tourist trap, I would not go there again if you paid me to.!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada