We did an exchange with our timeshare to stay here. Many new renovations were recently completed and more additions are on the way. The day spa was nicely renovated with new saunas, changing areas, showers, lockers, etc. The pool was nice (warm as bath water) and we enjoyed the mineral pools. We were told that they will be redoing the mineral pools, which could use a facelift, but were very functional. The pool closest to our building wasn't open at the time, but should be reopening this week if it passes the county inspection. They were honest that there had been problems with the pool and that they wanted to make sure everything was good to go before they had the inspector come out. Once that opens back up, it will be even better! I do suggest you make sure there is a pool to use or be willing to pay $30.00 a person to use the pool and mineral pools thru the day spa! I highly recommend visiting Lake Tahoe and going on one of the boat cruises they offer up there. Beautiful area!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada