We signed up for a weekend deal at a local home show to stay for two nights at a reduced rate. We have not been to the resort in 5 years and frankly I was worried due to negative reviewers however we did decide to book the special due to the incentives. We went with another couple who also had purchased the package.
It was amazing...the updates of the spa facilities and the overall improvement of rooms, decor and service wowed our whole group. Happy hour in the bar was fun with live music and an excellent bar menu (incredible gormet pizzas and appetizers) that enticed us to just eat dinner there the first night. The 1862 restaurant was incredible with excellent service, wine list and food the second night.
The new owners appear to be continuing to improve the facilities, the surrounding mountains are beautiful (even had a small snow flurry) and the wild life preserve behind the resort is incredible.
Do not hesitate to go to David Walleys- we were not disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada